04.

Midnight shots

"You should really check yourself in the mirror before leaving the house."

"Because I'm too hot for my own good? That's not news"

"Cause there's blood on your neck genius."

 


 

Yoobin was starting to get tired, she hadn't had tasted blood for a couple of weeks and even though she was trained to drink as less as possible to survive, she couldn't bear the necessity to get more blood this time. She had a girlfriend and she hadn't told her yet about her condition, that made things significantly harder since she had to get her victims on such places like clubs or places with a ton of drunk people so she could drink a bit of blood off a couple of necks without no one noticing nor even panicking, and that was it. This time she wanted to tell her, thay way everything would be easier and she knew which options she had in the end, either not tell her and risk her relationship or tell her and A, she loses her girlfriend or B, their relationship becomes stronger. 

Siyeon, in the other hand, had been suspicious of something going on with the younger one the past days. She'd been worried and wanted to talk with her so she could find out how she could help Yoobin or if there was something wrong with her. She knew Yoobin sometimes overworked herself, she didn't know what exactly was her job but she knew it was tiring since the younger one usually came back home just wanting to cuddle. 

Their schedules overlapped on lunch time so they never got to be together to eat something, in fact, Siyeon had never seen Yoobin eat anything, she didn't know what she liked or disliked. The younger always told her she'd have breakfast at work, eat lunch there and that on the way back home she always bought something to eat. She never thought that there was something wrong or weird about her girlfriend. 

Until two days later. 

That day, Dami had come home looking unusually tired, she sometimes was but not like that. Siyeon worried ran to her side and took her face between her hands, scanning her in search of something that could tell her what was happening to her girlfriend. Dami, worried about her state, pushed Siyeon a little bit too hard making her almost fall to the ground. The younger one didn't mean to do that but her survival instincts were telling her to take some blood off her and she didn't want to hur her lover. Thinking of Siyeon's blood only made things worse, her fangs were out and her eyes were starting to glow red, she hurriedly went to the bathroom feeling weak and swinging side to side of the hallway until she reached the door and opened it just in time to see her eyes glowing in a way that she feared. 

Siyeon couldn't process what was happening, did she actually see her girlfriend's eyes glow? She followed Yoobin to the bathroom and she saw her collapse onto the ground, grabbing her head and banging it to the wall until she got so dizzy she couldn't even function. 

The older one was in complete shock, she didn't know when it started but she was crying and paralyzed, she didn't know what was happening to the younger one but she wanted to help her. She took courage and sat on her side, grabbed her head and rested it on her lap, trying to clean her face with her sleeve. Then, she noticed a pair of red glowing eyes looking straight at her, she froze and took a couple of steps back. 

"Siyeon, believe me, this has an explanation please listen to me, I'm not gonna hurt you" 

She stayed there, looking at the younger one in fear, she did want an explanation but she didn't want her to get closer, not for now. Dami then got the signs and backed up until she was inside the bathroom, she cleaned her face a little and then sat back on the ground, looking at it while she spoke, telling her how she became a vampire and how her life was a living hell because of it, what she was working as and all of her story. Siyeon was definitely processing everything since Yoobin walked up to her slowly and she didn't notice until she was near enough. 

"So... You're a vampire? I thought those only existed on books and movies... Can I help you in anyway? Do you need blood? Can I give you mine?" 

She was willing to help her, she didn't want to lose her and she would give her whatever she needed even if it meant giving out her own life. She quickly took off her shirt and left her collarbone and neck visible for her, tilting her head to the side so she could have space. 

Yoobin was confused and looked at her as if she was crazy, she couldn't be serious about it. She stood up, put the older into her shirt and then went to the living room, taking a seat there and sighing. Siyeon followed her once again and sat beside her, taking a closer look to her eyes and her thinking expression. She then approached her lover's mouth with her index finger and when she was going to touch her, Yoobin stopped her grabbing her hand. 

"Do you really want to?" 

She definitely wasn't going to be the one telling the older one what to do and what not. If she really wanted to 'donate' her blood, she would have to let her, she was a grown up adult after all. 

Siyeon nodded with a small smile and took off her shirt once again, she didn't want to take the risk to get it stained with her own blood. Yoobin sighed and got closer to her, showing slightly her fangs since she was thinking of a good position to bite her and not spill too much blood. In the end, she tried to do it as fast as possible, Siyeon was feeling her skin burning and grabbing her by the shoulders with so much force she left there scars made by her nails. The pain was stronger than what she thought it could be and she was starting to get dizzy, she was loosing too much blood. She hitted the younger one and she immediately, with covered in blood, looked up and saw her expression. 

She cleaned both of them and took care of Siyeon for the weekend, she needed to rest and get a good recovery from that blood loss. 

It became something usual for both of them to just do that after some quality time with each other, their bond only grew stronger and funny situations always happened, making everything easier to deal with even if they knew that some day they'd have to part ways. 

"Sing, we need to buy groceries and they just called me from the office, some vampire just did something stupid and almost exposed all of us, can you do it?" 

"Don't worry babe, I'll pick up some energy drinks too, I need one after this" 

"You should really check yourself in the mirror before leaving the house."

"Because I'm too hot for my own good? That's not news"

"Cause there's blood on your neck genius."