17.

Midnight shots

Dancing was never her favorite part about performing but she didn't hate it, she loved it even though it was hard for her remembering steps when she also had to sing. That's why they practiced until it was their muscle memory who did the most of it for them.

But this time it was not something that her muscles were taking in and she only had a week to practice until their concert. It had to be perfect, she should be able to do it, she was meant to. Her mom was going to see her!

"Hey Dong, are you okay?"

"Yes don't worry please go back home and rest with the others..."

"No, I'm not letting you all alone here, and I also have to practice so I hope you don't mind having a partner tonight"

The shorter girl went inside the practice room and went to check herself on one of the big mirrors before turning back to the blonde.

"I've seen you practicing with Minji and I'm worried. Do you need help? I learnt your choreography the other day from her"

"I guess I can't say no to that, you are way better than me at this"

"Maybe, but I'm sure I don't look as good as you do while doing so"

Handong didn't need to know what she said after that "maybe" so when she continued she pressed play and the speakers started blasting Troublemaker. She made her way to the chinese girl and took a deep breath before closing her eyes trying to think about Minji's choreo.

When she opened her eyes, she focused on Handong and saw her moving to the rhythm, making small mistakes every now and then but she was going to help her.

And she did. They practiced the song a dozen of times already and it looked better every time they danced. Their bodies were tired from day practice and it was starting to show up on their movements. When they needed to have boundaries, less and less space was between them, and they didn't care, they loved each other's company.

You can say that they were only exhausted but there was tension between them, and not the kind of tension that ends up in a fight.

Every time they got closer and closer until they had to stop mid song because suddenly, looking at the other's eyes was way more interesting than anything else.

Tension grew but their eyes only drifted to look at their lips and finally, their lips connected with a slow motion, still grabbing onto each other but this time with another intent.

With the last beat of the song, their lips parted and they smiled, laughed and continued practicing. Of course taking advantage of the other from time to time to give them a kiss or a couple.

They would have to talk about it in the morning but for now, dancing was the primary objective of the night.

And for the first time for Handong, Bora made her feel like dancing could be the best part of performing. Specially if it was with her.

 


Please leave suggestions of pairings or situations you'd like me to write about!!