14.

Midnight shots

The only reason I keep singing love songs to the empty space beside me is so that you can fill it whenever you're ready to stay there.

 

 

That's what what she always wanted to message her but she never did. 

Every day that passed without any kind of contact from the older woman made her anxious. She knew that when she asked her for a break was because she was afraid of how her parents were going to react when she told them about her uality and that's why she traveled to her home along her best friend.

Of course she was going to take Yoohyeon with her before her own girlfriend, she wasn't going to risk it that much. Handong knew Yoohyeon could make anyone melt with her sweet words when she talked about her girlfriend and that perhaps was a good strategy coming from the Chinese woman.

Gahyeon sighed and went to look at the fridge to see if there was anything left just to find some leftover lettuce sitting in the back. She made sure to send a couple of messages to one of her housemates, Siyeon, to get some food since Minji had left her phone at home before going to a date with Bora.

She didn't know how she ended up bringing a lost Chinese woman to her house that one time she went out with Yoohyeon to celebrate that she was going to be living with her and a couple of girls. It definitely was going to be an exciting year seeing how things started. 

Since Yoohyeon knew some chinese, she spoke to the woman whose cheeks reminded the younger one to perfectly made buns, while she just stared at her, trying to find a way to help that gorgeous woman. 

In the end they took her home to stay the night, they found her lost in the subway not knowing which stop she had to get off at, and coincidentally enough, the next day they were surprised to find that she was going to live just a few blocks down the street. 

That encounter made her join their group of friends, which constantly helped her move around the city and taught her some korean every now an then. 

Gahyeon specially liked it when she smiled every time she'd surprise them with a difficult word she already knew. 

 


She didn't know how or when but she must've fallen asleep while thinking about the chinese woman. It was already night time. She was tired from working that morning. 

 

"Ouch!" 

"Siyeon? Are you home?"

It was weird, Siyeon would've said something by now, even dramatize whatever she did. But no response was heard. 

Even if it scared her, she had to see who was there. 

"Hello?"

No response. 

"Hey if you're a ghost or somet-" 

"I was trying to make you some hot chocolate before you woke up you !"

 

"Handong?!"

 

Handong smiled before pouting looking at the chocolate she was trying to make before she was almost tackled to the ground by Gahyeon. 

"You came... I wasn't expecting you until next week!" 

"You know, Yoohyeon is REALLY good at words surprisingly, she literally made me walk on a red carpet of easiness when I told my parents about us" 

"That-that's good babe! I thought it was going to be a nightmare for you from what you've told me" 

"I did too but Yoohyeon talking about how Yoobin is the perfect role model made my parents think that if I was with someone like her it'd be good for me. When I showed them a picture of you they instantly wanted to adopt you"

Their chatting went on and on for hours. 

Handong talked about everything she showed Yoohyeon, and how clumsy the young girl was. 

She also made sure to hug and shower her girlfriend in kisses while they drank hot chocolate. 

 


Gahyeon thought that day was going to be a bad one, but it ended up being a truly good one that ended up with both of them singing love songs to each other. 

There was no space for emptiness that night.

 


This is something small that came up to my mind. I hope that one of these days I'll come with something bigger like the one time I wrote Crane's-bill in one sitting where btw I'll post soon an epilogue if you want to read it!

 

As always, thank you to everyone who keeps reading these! Leave your suggestions in the comments, I'll read them!