01.

Midnight shots

That's the problem. I can't, I can't wipe your tears through the damn phone screen.

 


 

They were all tired but that didn't make them work less hard just to make sure their concert in Taiwan was perfect. It had to be perfect. They wanted to perform all over Asia and that was a new opportunity to do it, specially making them slightly nearer from their chinese member's home. They always told her how cool she looked when she spoke in her native language in comparison to when she spoke in korean because she always spoke cutely not knowing well yet how to pronounce some words properly. It wasn't much of an issue and they often helped her while they were practicing which today was different, she was teaching them along with Yoohyeon some words in chinese so they could speak a bit to their fans.

Suddenly a manager came, they usually left them practice while they worked in the office so they were confused about why he was there. Just when Minji was about to ask he said "Handong, we've had a problem with your visa, you're staying here I'm sorry." and like that he left, not wanting to see what he was sure that was going to happen. Handong felt something wet on her neck and indeed, they were her own tears, falling as if they weren't going to stop. All of the members went to hug her, some of them trying to make her laugh even for a second, not wanting to see her feeling like that, they knew how important it was to her. She said sorry to their leader, feeling bad about letting her alone, she now couldn't do their cover, she had to do something else. She was sorry to all of them for having to make them work more just because of an stupid visa issue that would make her stay in a place where she had just a little group of friends and half of them were her bandmates.

The days passed and they always tried to cheer her up, playing games, practicing other things when they were practicing their solos... They just didn't want to see her sad. 

"We'll face time you! Don't forget about it!" They promised that after boarding the plane to Taiwan, leaving her with just a manager going back home so she could rest or do something, she would think about it later. She wanted to be there, teasing them about their pronunciation, helping them out with it, playing on the way to the hotel, deciding who would they share rooms with... When she arrived home she went straight to her bedroom and saw that Gahyeon had left her a small note that said: "Unnie! Don't be sad please! If you feel sad you can sleep on my bed and hug my plushies!" Handong for the first time that day smiled and sent a message to the younger one saying thank you for that. 

The day had arrived, she was scrolling through twitter trying to find fancams, pictures or something. In the end after a while she gave up on the updates, it sure was hard to keep up with all of them. A couple of hours later she received a message, telling her to look at the last post on their account. It made her smile while she was crying, she was happy to see what they did and touched by all the fans comments on the pictures. Just then she received a call, it was Yoohyeon. 
"Hey queen, wait, are you okay Dong?" The Chinese girl smiled and laughed wiping a couple of tears, which was no use since they wouldn't stop falling. "Yes I am, you guys did well, I wish I could be there I'm sorry..." She started to cry again, the feeling of guilt came back and she couldn't stop it. Yoohyeon noticed. "I wish I could be there with you" She heard the younger whisper. "But you can't, you're too far away..." She mumbled trying to calm herself to stop the tears. "That's the problem. I can't, I can't wipe your tears through the damn phone screen." That made her laugh a bit, she smiled for a second and then wiped off her own tears from her face. "There, I did it for you."

They spent an hour or so talking and in between other members went to say hi to her, they were all missing her and telling her to wait for them since had presents for her. In the end, she was grateful for having a second family with another six girls.

 


 

I know that this is short, I'm not much of a great writer as you can see and English is not my first language so if you see anything odd tell me please!! Also if you could recommend pairings of prompts that'd be cool!!