Aftermath

Fonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7 | Aftermath

“Are you serious about this, Seulgi?” Seungwan says in surprise when Seulgi asked her to accompany her to the jeweler.

“I am. We already drew the negotiation. She already kissed me in front of everybody. Making her wait would seem rude.” Seulgi says exasperatingly. She needed a counter-attack. She can’t lose to Joohyun’s first take on clause one of their agreement. It would seem like she’s not doing her part of the deal.

“Can you give me Suji’s number? I need to ask her something.” Seulgi hands in her phone to Seungwan.

After Seungwan typed the number, Seulgi called Suji. “Hello? This is Kang Seulgi. I asked for your number from Seungwan. Are you with Joohyun right now?” She says while leaning on the glass counters containing different kinds of jewelry.

“Yes. What is this call about?” Suji quickly senses there’s a catch in this. Kang Seulgi wouldn’t get her number if something is not up.

“Listen to me. Can you step away from Joohyun at the moment? I need to ask you something.” Seulgi says coolly.

Suji excuses herself from Joohyun as she takes the call. They had been watching The Notebook in their home entertainment theatre. “Joohyun-unnie is out of earshot now.” She confirms.

“Can you send me your sister’s ring finger size?” Seulgi asks shyly.

“Oh my god! Is it what I think it is?” Suji is jumping in excitement. She never knew a simple date they planned would work this fast.

“Yes, I’ll be proposing tomorrow. Can you also dress her up in casual clothes tomorrow? Please stay away from gowns and all that. Please dress her as normal people do.” Seulgi discloses a little bit of her plan.

“Okay. I’ll do everything you ask.” Suji smiles brightly. Kang Seulgi is marrying her sister for real. Her ace doesn’t disappoint.

“Thank you, Bae Suji-sshi. I’ll be there to fetch your sister by ten in the morning.” Seulgi feels a bit uncomfortable with this. She’s talking to her future sister-in-law. And marriage still seems like a farfetched dream to her.

“You can call me Suji. We’re going to be family soon so please drop the formalities.” Suji is just plain excited. But she knows she has to keep shut. She doesn’t want to ruin the surprise. She sends her sister’s ring size to Seulgi.

Suji goes back to watching the movie with her sister. She tries to act as nothing happened.

“Who was that?” Joohyun asks.

“That was just Seungwan asking about the silly bet yesterday.” Suji lies. She hopes this one passes her sister’s nose. Because she really acts fishy and thrilled at the moment.

—-

“Is it enough to have a half a million-dollar engagement ring? Are you sure the Baes wouldn’t be offended? I could actually go for a more expensive one.” Seulgi insists that the jeweler present the finest pieces of engagement rings from the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter