Dangerous Bet

Fonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6 | Dangerous Bet

Yesterday was perfect. Seulgi cannot believe they went far as wedding negotiations already. It was only their first date and things are progressing quickly. She’s been thinking too hard about how she’s going to propose to Joohyun. She has to do it soon, she knows.

“I can’t imagine how you already drew negotiation terms yesterday.” Seungwan is just too surprised to hear the news. Introvert Seulgi is finally getting game. Not just getting any game. This is Bae Joohyun they were talking about.

“I’m not going to retell you what happened yesterday. I already told you for the twenty-sixth time.” Seulgi says in exasperation. They were supposed to hang out at the club mansion today, hoping her friends can give her ideas on how to propose.

“I don’t know if I can believe you, Seulgi. You might just be imagining things because as far as I know, everyone who asked Bae Joohyun to marry her was rejected.” Seungwan knows this much because she searched about Joohyun’s past relationships and they turned out to be zero.

Seulgi was passing by the lounge trying to look for Sooyoung and Yeri when someone called her out.

“Welcome to the club, Kang Seulgi!” Park Bogum walks towards Seulgi and flashes a sarcastic smile.

“Am I not a member of the Korean Elitists Club?” Seulgi asks in confusion. She clearly doesn’t know why the hell Park Bogum would talk to her.

“Oh, you are. I mean welcome to the club for everyone Bae Joohyun rejected.” Bogum says in a more taunting tone. “Hey, Jinwoon! You should welcome Kang Seulgi too!”

Jeong Jinwoon comes to the scene shaking off the girl who was snaking around his arm. “Oh, yeah! We heard you had a date with the Bae last night. How was it?”

“Damn, Jinwoon. How many times were you rejected again?” Bogum asks not letting Seulgi answer.

“I was rejected five times. You have been rejected fourteen times. Right, Bogum?” Jinwoon lets out a triumphant chuckle. “Is it the first for Kang Electronics’ heiress yesterday?”

“I’m betting Bae Joohyun rejected Kang Seulgi yesterday for fifty thousand dollars.” Bogum pulls out his checkbook and writes his bet.

“I’m betting fifty thousand dollars on that too.” Jinwoon chimes in.

Seulgi clenches her teeth. These losers would always bet on things like this. A game of cards would have been better. She wanted to storm out of the scene because it’s childish. This is no game for her.

“I’m betting a hundred thousand dollars that Bae Joohyun didn’t reject Kang Seulgi.” Bae Joohyun joins th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter