Birthday

Fonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18 | Birthday

This is the first time Seulgi has been invited to the Bae Motors board of directors meeting. She would be finally introduced as one of the board members today since she also holds stocks that were bought by her father.

Joohyun is excited. Her wife will be presenting a new proposal. She saw how Seulgi worked late nights in the study to make the presentation herself. Though she’s been kept in the dark on what Seulgi will present, yet she still cheers for her. She squeezes Seulgi’s thigh noticing that her wife is nervous.

Seulgi goes to the front and Joohyun’s father introduces her.

“You all may know about Kang Electronics. Well, if your phone isn’t Apple, then it’s probably made by my dad’s company. Thank you, father-in-law, for that wonderful introduction. Also, I thank my wife for cheering at the back. Hey, babe!” She waves to Joohyun. “You all may be wondering what a twenty-four-year-old only heiress of Kang Electronics might be proposing to you. I studied Computer Science at Harvard. Yes, Mark Zuckerberg is my sunbae. Though I am not as nearly as good as him, I can say, I’m pretty good at programming. I’d like to propose investing in driverless cars. With Bae Motors being unrivaled in car production, I’d like to merge Kang Electronics’ expertise in technology just like how Joohyun and I merged as one through marriage.” Seulgi proceeds with the designs and sample features she plans on putting in the project and got some good feedback from the rest of the board members.

“I knew my Joohyun is lucky to have you.” Mister Bae commends Seulgi. “You’ve outdone my expectations today. I’ll give you the go signal to do your project. You should work together with Joohyun on this.”

“Dad, you favor your daughter-in-law more than your daughter?” Joohyun chimes while holding Seulgi’s hand. Almost a week of living together made them touchy too.

“You should feed my daughter-in-law good food so she can work on good projects.” Mister Bae jokes and says his goodbyes.

“I didn’t know my wife is such a smooth business talker.” Joohyun lets out a sly grin. “You stayed up late nights doing that presentation, I’m impressed. You’re not as dumb as I think you’d be.”

“Yah! I graduated from Harvard! And I’ll be sure to make more money to fund my wife’s immense love for custom fabric conditioners.” Seulgi says in sarcasm.

“I use my own money to buy those! Save that for our kids.” Joohyun blurts out. Here comes making kids again. Joohyun knows both of them had already blurted it out at one point. But neither of them really delves into talking about that deeper.

“We’ll have to make them first though.” Seulgi finally acknowledges the elephant in the room. It has almost been a week and both of them had been sleeping on the same bed. They only got as far as kissing and cuddling.

“Seulgi, we haven’t even been married for a month yet!” Joohyun tries to shy away. “We’ll talk about it when you validate clause number two of our negotiation.”

And just like that Seulgi doesn’t push Joohyun. She knows she still cannot commit fully.

It’s Joohyun’s birthday. Suji’s plan was to bring their friends to Jeju, where the Baes own a private villa consisting of four rooms. Joohyun and Seulgi, also Daniel and Sejeong have separate rooms because they are already married. Suji, Seungwan, Sooyoung and Yeri share one too. While the guys, Rowoon and Joonyoung, share another. Bae Joonyoung is cousins with Suji and Joohyun. He is twenty-two years old. He will most likely continue the Bae surname.

The plan was to have an overnight barbecue party. Everyone had gathered to do a bonfire.

“I can’t believe Rowoon and Sejeong are fraternal twins!” Seulgi says in disbelief as she was flipping meat. She has been assigned to roast every

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter