Exchange

Fonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9 | Exchange

Seulgi thinks about that call from Seungwan this morning. Her best friend told her Jisoo is back in Korea. For the first time after her first date with Joohyun, she thought of Jisoo again. She almost forgets her ex until Seungwan broke the news.

She goes to report to her father’s office. She sits. Her father was waiting for her.

“I was about to suggest marrying Bae Joohyun but you beat me to it.” Mister Kang is impressed. “You even proposed to her.” He looks at Seulgi with much pride.

“Seungwan helped me. You should thank her.” Seulgi admits.

“I didn’t expect you to choose very wisely. I’m glad you didn’t go with that lowly girl you met at Harvard.” Mister Kang says in disgust.

“Jisoo isn’t lowly. She didn’t know my standing when we were together.” Seulgi instantly regrets defending her ex in front of her father.

“It doesn’t matter now. The Baes have invited us for dinner later. I want you to marry Joohyun within two weeks.” Mister Kang is stern.

“You don’t have to dictate everything in my life, father. I already did what you expect of me. I hope you are happy with that. I will marry Joohyun but that will be the end of it. No more games.” Seulgi walks out and slams the door. In a few weeks, she would be an official member of the club when she marries Joohyun. Jisoo is not her kind, she reminds herself. This business marriage will benefit both of their families and she will have the upper hand compared to Daniel.

---

Seulgi’s father insisted that they go together. The Baes have a very impressive traditional home in the middle of Seoul. When they arrived, Seulgi and her father are welcomed by Joohyun.

“It’s nice to finally meet you, Joohyun.” Mister Kang greeted.

“It is my pleasure, sir,” Joohyun says as she ushers towards Seulgi. She notices Seulgi is quiet. She links her arm towards her fiancée and asks, “Is something wrong?”

Seulgi snaps out of her thoughts and says she is fine. But she cannot shake the fact that Jisoo is back. A lot has been on her mind: marrying Joohyun, running a company, and now, she’s fitting Jisoo in the equation again. She wants to try her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter