Easing In

Fonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16 | Easing In

Seulgi wakes up to the deafening sounds of what seemed to be pots being hit together. She groans taking the blanket over her head in annoyance.

“Seulgi! You need to wake up or we’re going to be late.” Joohyun still hits the pots together. It was the only thing that made her wife budge after trying to shake her to wake up.

Seulgi then hits rock bottom and finally sits on the bed. She really hates Mondays. She remembers that she is already married now. It's only the first day they moved in together. She has to drive Joohyun to the office. She looks at her wife still holding the pots. Thank god, her wife stopped hitting them together.

“I thought you were in a coma. I was about to call the doctor. I didn’t know you sleep like a hibernating bear.” Joohyun already has prepared herself to go to work. She let Seulgi sleep in a little because her wife looks too cute when sleeping. “What’s with the pouty look? Aren’t you giving me a morning kiss for waking you up?”

Seulgi gets up from the bed. “No. Not yet. I haven’t brushed my teeth yet.” She goes straight to the bathroom and starts to do her morning routine.

Joohyun checks Seulgi’s closet. Yesterday, they really didn’t have much time touring the house. Blame the groceries for that. She pulls out a navy-blue suit jacket and some v-neck shirt and puts them on top of the bed. She realizes Seulgi only has little variations in clothes. She needs to fill this up with other things too.

After what seemed to be thirty minutes, Seulgi goes out of the bathroom door with her bathrobe on. “Would you mind waiting for me outside? Unless you want to see me while I prepare for the day.” She jokes. Joohyun just laughs and goes for the door. She stops Joohyun before she shuts the door. “Thanks, Hyun. This looks good. I like that it matches your dress.” She sees that her wife actually chose something that complimented the dress she wears.

—-

It was the first time Seulgi will have breakfast before leaving the house. She would always leave with an empty stomach and usually goes for brunch at lunchtime. It was her usual bachelorette routine. Was.

“We’re having breakfast together.” Joohyun is stern. She hated it when she heard Seulgi’s stomach grumble as she protests that they’d be late if they do.

“Fine. But I’m just not used to this.” Seulgi admits while forking the sunny-side-up egg Joohyun cooked earlier.

“Well, my baby bear would just have to get used to this from now on.” Joohyun sips her tea.

“Come on, when I said you can call me whatever you want, I didn’t mean something like that!” Seulgi looks annoyed. Her sweet-talking is backfiring at her now.

“You hug and sleep like a bear. Nothing wrong with it.” Joohyun lets out a chuckle.

When they finished breakfast, Seulgi grabs her keys and goes to the garage. She starts the engine while Joohyun goes for the passenger seat. Seulgi focuses on driving. She doesn’t even have to be this early to go to work. Her secretary just told her she can drop by the office to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter