Away We Miss

Fonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20 | Away We Miss

Seulgi stays seated, leaning at the edge of the bed, hugging her knees. She sees Joohyun zipping up her suitcase.

“Seul, I’m going.” Joohyun stood in front of her wife. “Take care of yourself while I’m gone.” She bends her knees and kisses Seulgi’s cheek. “I love you.” And she goes dragging her suitcase away.

Seulgi was thankful for the time. She really needed it. No matter how much she wanted to chase after Joohyun, she cannot bring herself to do it. She needed to sort out her feelings. She needs to figure out if it is a closure or coming back to Jisoo is what she wants. Or both.

She sees Joohyun had left Bulbasaur facing away from Pikachu.

—-

“Unnie, it’s been three days. Seulgi kept bugging me to check on you because you haven’t been answering her calls since you left for the US.” Suji’s desperation in being caught up in this love quarrel is evident in her voice.

“How is she?” Joohyun finally lets out a question.

“She’s doing okay. She’s been busying herself in that driverless car project she proposed last time. I’ve been working with her on your behalf. What happened to you two?” Suji demands from her sister though she already knows what happened. She has been working closely with Seulgi in lieu of Joohyun’s absence and she finally heard her side. It’s time she hears her sister’s side too.

“I think she still loves her ex. I’m giving her some time to think. If she chooses her instead, we’ll be processing the divorce papers when I get back.” Joohyun doesn’t elaborate further.

It’s pretty much the same story Suji heard from Seulgi. “Alright, unnie. I think both of you needed the break to think things through.” She hangs up.

It’s been three days since she left. Every day, she would get a call from Seulgi but she never answers them. They had planned how to get through this long-distance relationship for two weeks before Jisoo got into the picture. Seulgi promised to video call her every day before going to sleep. Though Seulgi wanted to go with her, she can’t because she has to work on the driverless car project for the merger.

Joohyun thinks it would have been fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter