Wait

Fonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15 | Wait

Joohyun cannot stop but fall in love more with Seulgi. She promised her wife that she would make her forget about Jisoo but there she goes slowly getting defeated in the process. She thinks Seulgi is rocking the game. For all the effort and thoughtfulness since they met each other, she’d give Seulgi an A-plus. They arrived home and even after grocery shopping, her heart is still skipping beats.

Seulgi goes for the grocery bags at the back, she carries them over to the kitchen. Joohyun insisted to help but she only gave her a very light one to carry. When they finished arranging everything in place, Joohyun doesn’t forget to cook the rice first. “You should help me prepare dinner. Are you good at using your hands?” She asks Seulgi.

“Oh, my fingers are good. So, I’ve been told.” Seulgi jokes naughtily.

Joohyun laughs it off. She doesn’t want to dwell into that conversation deeper. Not yet at least. “We’ll see about that.” She demonstrates how to prepare a kimbap. She knows Seulgi will get this right the first time. Seulgi is indeed good at putting everything together. While Joohyun cuts the cucumber, carrots, and the other vegetables to put into the kimbap, Seulgi arranges them and rolls them together with the rice. She leaves Seulgi to it alone because she has to start doing the jjigae too.

“Oww!” Seulgi’s finger bleeds. She tried using the knife for the first time in her life because she wanted to impress Joohyun. She tried cutting the carrots lengthwise when she ran out of things to put in the kimbap.

Joohyun rushes to Seulgi’s side and sees the blood on her finger. “You should have called me if you needed more. I could’ve cut it for you.” She leads Seulgi to the sink to wash the blood and presses it to stop the bleeding. She turns off the stove and gets some med supplies.

“I’m fine, really. It’s just a small cut.” Seulgi’s finger doesn’t even hurt. It’s a small cut for crap’s sake. She doesn’t know why Joohyun is making it a big deal cleaning her wound and putting a band-aid on it.

“It’s not fine. I made you help me. See your hand, it’s hurt because of me.” Joohyun looks at Seulgi with a very worried expression. “Just wait, sit still. I’ll do everything in the kitchen from now on.”

“I can help you. I promise I’ll stay away from the knife.” Seulgi contends but she knows Joohyun will have her way.

“No, I’ll do it.” Joohyun is firm. She’s not letting Seulgi help her again. She goes back to the kitchen and gets everything done by herself. She puts all the food on the table and all Seulgi has to do is eat.

They sit together and Seulgi begins to eat. Though some of the first

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter