Surprisingly Normal

Fonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8 | Surprisingly Normal

“Are you sure you do not like to order another serving? You seem to like eating tteok-bokki.” Seulgi takes a gulp of water after finishing her meal.

“I’m sure.” But Joohyun thinks otherwise. As much as she wants to eat more, she doesn’t want to act too comfortably yet with Seulgi. It’s only their second date.

“We should go and resume our normal date.” Seulgi takes Joohyun’s hand this time and intertwines their fingers. “I really don’t want to lose you in the crowd.” She flashes a handsome smirk.

Joohyun is actually getting comfortable with their level of skinship. It isn’t too forceful and yet it is reasonable.

They walk the streets while talking and getting to know more about each other. Joohyun is starting to loosen up. Her nervousness is nowhere to be found now. She feels protected and assured just by holding Seulgi’s hand.

They enter an arcade center. Seulgi pulls her hand away from Joohyun to exchange coins at the counter. She looks at Joohyun’s reaction. Her girlfriend seems to be pouty without her hand. With great sense, Seulgi offers her hand to Joohyun. Joohyun reaches for it not wasting a second. Together, they walk towards the crane machines. Seulgi bids her first try hoping to get a Pikachu plushy but fails. “Would you like to try?” She puts in another coin and lets Joohyun try.

They are down to their last coin. They have been alternating for their turns but they haven't had any luck with the Pikachu plushy. The last coin belongs to Seulgi. She swears that she would buy a crane machine of her own. She puts on the coin and readies her strategy in her head.

“You can do it!” Joohyun cheers for her.

Seulgi flashes a determined smile and goes for the gold. So far, so good. Alas! She finally gets the Pikachu plushy. Both of them giggle like middle schoolers. They didn’t notice the time and it was already late afternoon.

They went in for another bus ride, this time Joohyun is already comfortable. With Seulgi by her side, she has enjoyed the whole date so far. After walking a good distance, they come up to a very cool view of the city’s skyline. The sky was almost purplish in shade and Joohyun cannot help but admire the sunset.

“I thought very hard about how I’m going to do this. I even disregarded what my friends suggested. It just seems fitting to let you in a world I have never shared with anyone else. And I want to share this with you hoping you’d know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter