Responsibility

Between You and Him

 

 

 

"You will not get love from anyone." 

"You will always be lonely and live in pain." 

"Because you're a monster." 

"A monster born from my womb." 

The bad memories of how he saw the woman he called a mother jumped off from the balcony. She... killed herself right in front of his eyes. 

Tears streaming down his cheeks as the nurse in front of him trying to cover the injury he had on his hand. 

Jaewon ended up lowering his head, feeling defeated as if he had lost his whole world.

 

 

 

______________________________________

 

 

13
Responsibility

 

 

Jennie was standing nervously outside of the room, looking uneasily at Hanbin from the clear window. Currently, his mum is with him at the moment so, Jennie thought it will be the best for her to just give some space for the family.

"Jennie-yah, you're really scared, right," A man appeared prominently beside her, "Are you okay?"

The girl startled to see the man, "Oh, Mr. Jung---"

The two focused on the boy back, "Just watch out if that boy ever wakes up. I'm going to get my life value." 

"They still need to monitor him," Jennie properly notified the man with the words doctor informed her just now.

"Whatever it is, it's such a relief," The man heaved out a sigh of relief. He totally grateful when he got the news Hanbin escaped with difficulty the critical phase.

Jennie frowned severely when she saw a bandage on his forehead, "Did you hurt too, Mr. Jung?"

"Uh--Uh--This?" He startled upon sudden attack, "Jaewon made a fuss and accidentally pushed me." She furrowed her eyebrows, "Right. I can't really help him when he hurts his hand. He went out of his mind and punched the mirror."

"After he received my call?"

He flustered as Jennie sought her with the question, "Uh? Oh---- Is that it?" He tried to calm down in answering, "He was just scared if anything bad happened to Hanbin. That's all," The man claimed.

"You don't have to worry about it, Jennie. The last time I asked for your help because I was feeling anxious, but now that I think about it, he wouldn't listen to any of our words. He will just keep making trouble no matter where he goes."

Jennie returned her attention towards the man.

"Well, I do feel bad looking at his crazy side, but we just couldn't make any conversation with him from the start. The fact he couldn't listen to anyone, it's just like his mum---"

The girl allegedly cuts her teacher's words, "Mr. Jung, can I ask for one thing?"

"Yes?"

"I know it will sound like crazy things if I asked this--- but how was Jaewon's mother? Was she like me?" The foolish question managed to make the man frown.

He hastily answered, "No~! No way--- She was pretty---Oh no---"

"I mean not the appearance."

The man was merely pretending to think of something, "I'm not sure about the personality--- She was really petty, had a lot of greed, she's clever--- It's the same up until this, right?" He paused awkwardly for a moment, "But no--- she wasn't in her right mind. She has always been living on the top. She's a woman full of greed. He's been used. For the whole of his life."

He continued regardless.

"All she needs is a child so that no one will doubt her--- But that woman, she kept turning away. That's what something she would naturally do since she has always been the main character."

Jennie attentively listened to it.

"That's how I realized she was running away. She knows it's her fault from the start---"

"How I wish you weren't here."

"What happened after that really--- I can't believe that someone could be so cruel till the extent--- Uh--- I'm the one who felt embarrassed to talk about it," He sighed, "Whatever it is, it's not because she looks like you, everything started from him--- It's him. I really hope you won't be feeling bad---"

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

Jaewon was reluctantly forced to get admitted when he merely hurts his hand. Well, he couldn't say no to it when the nurses tow her into the room.

The boy currently was sitting friendless, looking outside of the windows with the night view of Seoul ahead of him.

It suddenly prompts him of the reaction Hanbin consistently had for him whenever he hurt himself.

"I told you it was because I fell. I'm serious. I hit a tree when I fell-" He propped, intentionally trying to change the topic, "But it's Jennie's birthday today right? Let's buy ca---"

"Don't hurt yourself. Be careful," Hanbin naturally gave a bit of advice as he walked away from Jaewon.

Jaewon looked at the boy who was getting far from him, "Hanbin-ah. Yah, Kim Hanbin."

He could see Hanbin's hand slowly clenched to form a fist before he turned around to look at Jaewon, "What are you doing? You said we should buy for the cake. I will buy the cake, but you will pay for it."

"Uh--- Okay---"


It actually hurts Jaewon to see how Hanbin needs to pretend like he's okay every single time. 

Hanbin could've scolded him, shouted at him but he did none of it... Hanbin was too nice for someone like him.

He's an angel.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 


Jennie was at present at her home because Hanbin's mother steadfastly insisted her to just go back as she already did a lot for Hanbin.

She was sleeping when suddenly she got a call from someone. Jennie picked up the phone half-asleep, "
He--Hello?"

"Jennie-yah, were you sleeping? I'm sorry."

The girl gently rubbed her eyes, feeling sleepy, "Mr. Jung?"

"I have something I want to ask you in hurry. Jaewon, he's missing."

Jennie stunned upon the sudden news.

"Did he call for you perhaps?"

She virtually bobbed her head, "N--No."

"If I knew it's going to happen, I would ask someone to watch for him---  He's really crazy. Where did he go without his phone."

She could feel the anxiousness from the man on the other side.

"Jennie-yah, if you got a call for him or you recalled anything the boy told you, please call me."

"
Ye--Yes."

"Okay, then---" 

He was about to end the call but Jennie halted him, "Wait, Mr. Jung! Where are you right now? Can I tag---"

Her mind suddenly doing something promptly, recalling one of the missing memories she was frantically trying to find all this time.

"Jennie-yah? Hello? Why?" The man startled, "Uh? Did it end? Jennie Kim?"

There will be no way... He would go there...