Talk

Between You and Him

 

 

 

 

 

16
Talk

 

 

Hanbin flashed the light towards the girl in front of him.

"Uh---?! Uh----"

"Heck! Everyone was going crazy as they're searching for you!!" Hanbin approached Jennie, but the girl took a step backward, "Ugh, you don't even have fear! What the hell are you thinking about?"

Jennie lost her balance with the boy she merely wanted to avoid the most right in front of her. She fell hopelessly onto the ground, startling Hanbin.

"What is wrong?" Hanbin tried to help Jennie, "Did you hurt? U---Uh, wait--- It's all over you. Have you got hit by the rain and in this state till now? Ugh--- You're really crazy---"

The boy suddenly took off his shirt, "Change into the shirt first! Don't you dare to catch a cold!" The boy instantly threw the shirt to Jennie, maintaining his face looking steadfastly at the other side, providing space to the girl to change her attire.

"You're always looking bright but the more I know you, you're actually a really dumb girl. Seriously, you don't even have a fear. How can you even possibly be in the dark alone?"

Hanbin turned around, "Have you change your shirt? Let's go back. The kids were waiting for---" 

He flustered to see Jennie was currently possessing her whole body shaking uncontrollably, obscuring her face behind the shirt given by the boy.

"Yah, what's wrong?" Hanbin kneeled down to properly examine the girl, "Did anything happen? Jennie-yah, are you okay? Are you c--crying?"

As he gently held onto her, he could feel her body was burning hotly, "U--Uh?! You're hot. Are you sick?" Hanbin is getting worried, "We're in big trouble, What should we do? Can you get up?"

"---didn't know anything---" Jennie was mumbling incoherently something only she could understand.

"What?" Hanbin frowned severely.

"Why are you getting mad when you didn't know anything!! Why are you like this only to me!" Jennie finally letting out all of the words that have been playing defensively on her mind ever since Hanbin appeared in front of her.

"I told you I didn't want to come here, but you dragged me! Do you think I really want to get hit by the rain?!" She kept hiding her face as she allegedly claimed those, "I'm the one who should be mad! Because of whom I end up in this state!"

Jennie sobbed bitterly, "Just stop! Don't talk to me anymore! Without knowing--- You didn't even know it well---"

Hanbin gulped, clasping his hand to nap his neck,  it slowly, "I---I just thought it would be great if we come here together--- Uh---I---I know it's hard for you to go for a trip. You have your brothers as well--- But lately, well you know---"

"You told me you didn't fight with Jaewon, but you kept avoiding him--- The kids in the school kept talking back. Ugh, what a bad kid," He satisfactorily explained, "Whatever it is, isn't it good if we could resolve it."

"Hanbin."

"Uh?"

Jennie's eyes adequately met Hanbin's, "Did you bring me here because you want me to reconcile with Jaewon? You wish for me to be well with him?"

Hanbin furrowed his eyebrows, "Heol, what. Did you two really fight? Really? That's why---"

The girl promptly threw the shirt back to Hanbin, "Stop it. I don't want to hear it," Jennie stood up, walking away from the boy.

"Yah--- But---"

"Now I know. It's not because you didn't understand what I felt. As I realized, there's nothing going to change. That's why you didn't even think about it. Right. It's better for me to not notice it."

She looked gloomily at the boy, "I'm someone that needs to be nice to Jaewon, isn't it? For you, I'm that and nothing more, right?"

"Wh--What? What are you talking about."

"Sorry. I can't be as nice as you. I hate him till the point I want to puke every time I looked at him. But you will probably never understand why I am feeling like this?" 

Tears dripping down her cheeks and she hastily wiped it, "You can never hate anyone."

Stop, Jennie Kim.

"Even if I tell you, you will never understand it."

You never thought of saying these.

"Jennie-yah, why are you like this---"

"Do not come closer," She looked at the boy with tears streaming down, "Don't come to me anymore."

Hanbin stunned, and Jennie took the chance to run away from the boy though she had no idea on where should she goes. 

Stop... I want to stop---  I want to stop all of these now.

I---I don't want to be---

Her feets hauling her to the seashore, her eyes immediately locked onto the starry sky ahead of her. She fell onto the ground, regretting her whole life.

Suddenly someone placed a cloth on her shoulder. She jerked her head to see the same boy followed her till here.

"I'm sorry. You would catch a cold if you stayed like this."

Again, Jennie burst into another wave of tears. Hanbin gnawed with his lips, not knowing what he should do.

It hurts him, to see the girl breaking in front of him.

"It's okay, Jennie Kim," Hanbin wrapped his arms around the girl's shoulders, "Everything going to be okay," He pulled the girl closer, clasping her into his embrace.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

"It's weird, it's plainly weird," Hayi stated as she saw a weird view in front of her, "Why did Hanbin stick towards Jennie like a dog?"

"Jennie-yah, should I make something for you?"

"No, it's okay."

"Yah, then should we go for fishing?"

"We will go back home soon."

Hayi heaved out a silent sigh, "He was looking anxious because Jennie looked so down. He has been like that since they come back at dawn."

The girl suddenly yawned, "But I'm so tired as we sleep late. It's really like a surprise event last night when we realized she went missing---"

The two defeated, "Whatever it is, we gained a memory to remember."

"Sh--Should we say thanks to Jennie, then?" Seungyoon muttered grimly under his weary breath.

"That boy really can't do nothing," She glared at the tall boy stood not too far from them, "How can he comes back alone, leaving Jennie behind."

"B--But he did look for her after he came back right---" Seungyoon found the urge to back up the boy.

While Jaewon had his eyes locked on the couple in front of him.

"Are you really okay now, Jennie?" Hanbin attentively asked.

"I told you I am."

"But still, you have to eat medicine," He rightfully claimed.

"No, I don't want to," Jennie abruptly replied, "Don't bother me, just go."

Jennie walked away, naturally heading towards the sea, and typically leave Hanbin dumbfounded behind. She crossed her arms, willingly letting the wind brush her hair.

Somehow, being alone is much way better than having someone by her side.

"Yah."

That one annoying voice disrupted her moment.

"It's lunchtime."

Jennie had shifted her body, walking back to the log before Jaewon halted her by intentionally blocking her way.

"But before that, when will you answer me?"

The girl glared savagely at Jaewon.

"You ran away from me yesterday because you didn't want to answer it."