Meeting

Between You and Him

 

 

 

 

*All of the scenes in this chapter are flashback*
except being mentioned

 

 

"Should we only buy lettuce? What about perilla leaves?" Hanbin excitedly looks at the green vegetables in front of him, "Let's also buy some potatoes, sweet potatoes and mushrooms!" He kept eagerly pushing the trolley that almost filled with a variety of foods as of now. 

Jennie silently had followed him from behind before Hanbin made another stop. 

"Should we have fish cake soup for breakfast? We could gain fresh clams and fishes there." 

The girl let out a sigh, "Why are you so detailed on everything? We could have just cook ramen."

"No, Seungyoon can't eat ramen," Hanbin hastily answered. 

Only by then something across her conscious mind, "Oh, right. He has an allergy," She quietly jerked her head. 


The boy kept dragging Jennie to every single sector in the supermarket. The trolley already so close to its limit but Hanbin showed no sign to stop filling it with more stuff.

"Let's go to fruit section!" He has shouted out loud until now sustaining his energy at the maximum level.

Jennie had no choice but to follow him when Hanbin pulled the trolley along with her, "Are you going to eat all of this, Kim Hanbin?" The girl annoyingly asked.

"I will eat all of it!" 

The girl pouted her lips, placing her elbows on the trolley as she sighed, "It amused me like how you didn't gain weight," She complained.

"And his mentality still at the most elementary level," Another voice interrupted their moment together.

Jennie took a glance at the owner of the voice and she totally displayed an unwelcoming expression when she perceived it.

Hanbin scoffed, "Who are you to judge me, Jung Jaewon?" 

"What?" Jaewon merely had shrugged his shoulders before his hand gently placed a pack of raw rice cake inside the trolley.

The girl who captured his actions instantly ceased him as she holds onto the food, "What is that?"

"Make me a stir-fried rice cake," 
Jaewon had uttered those with a smile plastered on his face as he allowed his eyes on Hanbin.

Jennie started to get annoyed as soon as she marked the smile, "There's a lot more to eat."

"You will do it for me, right?"

Hanbin stayed quiet for a moment and Jennie really thought he's going to decline it, "Go and take a cabbage," He instructed Jaewon.

Jaewon walked away from the boy with an okay sign on his fingers, "I told you I'm going to eat it all," Hanbin mentioned when he noted the expression on Jennie's face.

After all of the endless putting stuff inside the trolley, ultimately, the three of them generated their way towards the cashier to pay all of it. They had agreed to a dutch pay, but looking at how Hanbin had thrown everything inside the trolley, Jaewon volunteered himself to do the transaction.

Expertly, it would be a lie if Jennie said she wasn't delighted with it because basically, she didn't have to use the allowance her mum gave her for the trip.

"I forgot to take barbecue sauce," Hanbin reminded of something as they had done with the payment.

Jennie issued a glare towards the boy, "It's ing heavy now! So, just eat it the way it is."

Hanbin pouted his lips, "Okay," He looked all sulky but Jennie couldn't care less about it.

 

 

______________________________________

 

 

03
Meeting

 

 

 

"The food team is here!" Hanbin shouted out loud with a cheerful smile plastered on his face as he motioned his hand towards the other two friends who were waiting for them.

All three of them approached Hayi and Seungyoon. Jaewon simply greeted Seungyoon with a 'hi' and the boy replied it with an awkward greeting. He didn't know why but being around Jaewon just plain awkward. He didn't know how to react with the boy around him.

Hayi glared at Hanbin, "You're late! We've been waiting for you for the past an hour!" Clearly, Hayi couldn't tolerate it when it comes to time.

Jennie heaved out a sigh, "Because there's a sloth in the group," Her eyes diverted to Hanbin beside her. 

"Seems like we could survive for one week on the stranded island," Hanbin claimed when he saw the box Hayi had with her. 

Hayi's eyes turned to a rage one when being teased by the boy, "Don't talk the ridiculous thing!"

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

Five of them had travel on a ferry to go to the island. Hanbin has been extremely excited since this is the first vacation he went with his friends. Everything he saw merely amused him at some point.

"The sea water is so clear! It gave out sea smell!" 

His eyes directed to the birds flying around the ferry, "It's a seagull! Seagull, guys! It's so near!" Hanbin pointed eagerly it out as he screamed out loud.

"Oh, look at that. That's an island! Oh, that boat looks cute from here!"

Everything caught his eyes just looks incredible to him to the point there's no one could prop him from talking.

"What kind of fish we should catch? Can we ride the boat when we reached the island later?"

Hayi started to get annoyed by the loud boy beside her. Somehow, she started to regret the decision to come here with the others. She thought she would enjoy it but seems like with Hanbin around, all that she got was stressed.

Hanbin devoted his attention towards the girl beside her, "Hayi, do you know how to do fishing?"'

"I don't know! You brat just stay silent! You're too loud over here," She had clenched her fist when she uttered those.

Jennie whom standing beside Hayi just shook her head, "Let's just pretend we don't know him."

The latter then run towards the side of the ferry, screaming straightly at the seagull flying around, "
Yah, seagulls! You're absolutely amazing! Should we take a picture together?" 

Expectation; to mark him and seagulls in one frame. But the reality; the seagulls flew away after seeing a weird boy attacked them.

"He looks like a crazy person. He seems different than usual," Hayi typically claimed.

Jennie's lips slightly curved upwards, "Let him be. It's the first time he saw the ocean anyway."

Hayi frowned upon her statement, "What? Really? It's his first?"

"
Hanbin's mother really afraid of the sea. So, there were no memories of him going to the sea when he's child."

The girl responded, "Then he could at least go with his friends or-"

"I don't think Hanbin loves to go here. Because his father died on the sea," Jennie's last statement managed to make Hayi went speechless as she reached the nape of her neck and massaged it.

Hayi excused herself, "Then I will go to Seungyoon-" Their attention went to the long-legged boy who suddenly appeared behind the two girls, "What's with your expression? Do you have motion sickness too?" She casually asked.

"
There's--- fishy smell," Jaewon replied instantly.

"What? That fishy smell?" Hayi urged.

Jaewon naturally set his both hand into his pants pocket, "No, the girls' fishy smell."

"What the heck?" Hayi furrowed her eyebrows, "Crazy boy."

Jennie looked at Jaewon with an uninterested expression, "Just don't mind him," Her eyes then directed to Hanbin who was currently busy capturing pictures with his new friends, the seagulls, "That side too," She sighed but eventually her lips slowly curved upwards producing a smile.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

"How's your condition, Seungyoon?" Hayi had asked gently when she perceived the boy was currently laying on his stomach at the bench provided in the free. 

A visible pale facial expression could be seen on Seungyoon's face as he didn't feel good at all, "Is it too hard? You look so pale."

"It's just motion sickness--- I'm fine so go and play."

Hayi rapidly cut his words, "No. I was getting bored to constantly looking at the sea."

Seungyoon veils his terrible face as he felt like vomiting, "Eu--  I'm sorry. We came to enjoy but I distracted you 
instead."

"It's not because of you. It's because Hanbin we missed the direct transportation to go there and now you're the one who suffered for it."

Seems like Hayi still felt outraged when Hanbin came out late to the designated place. They could've just ridden the more comfortable ride but because the limit time has passed, they need to ill choose the ferry instead.

"Haha. Was it like that? However, I love it. Honestly, this is the first time I have a vacation with my friends."

Hayi bobbed her head looking thoughtfully at the boy, "Me too," She answered in a mutter.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

Jennie was employing her time, admiring the beauty of the sea when suddenly she heeds some voices around her. She turned around to identify the figure she hates to see the most.

"Oh, really?" The unknown girl declared to the tall guy.

"It's great. Should we go and play together later?" The blonde hair girl claimed.

Jaewon allowed a sinister smile on his face, "Hm--- I want to do that too but---" His attention went to the girl who was standing not too far from him, "No, Jennie. It's not like what you think."

He had uttered those when he caught Jennie was staring at him.

"As you can see, I have something else to do," Jaewon notified with his eyes still on the girl.

"Aha, your girlfriend?" The anonymous girl had asked, "There's nothing we could do. But if you want to join us, feel free to tell me."

Jaewon shrugged his shoulders, "Well, let's see how it goes."

"Your girlfriend must have suffered a lot," She chuckled.

Jennie escaped the place when she noted the uncomfortable conversation they
had with each other. It's plain annoying. Damn. She really hates Jaewon, more than anything.

As she went down the crooked stairs, she bumped into someone.

"Aigoo."

A coarse voice could be allegedly heard that Jennie instantly lifted her head up, "Ah, I'm sorry," She had apologized.

"I found you," A creepy smile plastered on the guy's face.

The other guy solemnly declared, "Is it this girl?"

"Yeah. She has been alone for a while," He answered, "Are you here to travel alone? How old are you? If you don't mind, do you want to join us?"

Jennie flustered; a lot. These guys don't seem like a good guy to her.

"It's not fun to play with only guys around. We will buy you food too. What is your name?"

She took a step back when the guy tried to inappropriately touch her face, "No--- I don't. I'm sorry but I---"

"My owner is here," A boy laid down his arms around Jennie's shoulders startled her right away. She looked nervously at her right side and merely marked a familiar guy. 

The unknown boy snorted, "She came with her boyfriend. It's a pity, but there will always be next time."

Jennie glared at Jaewon, "Who said that I'm your girlfriend?" Her eyes murderous stared at him as she flicked his arms, "Don't make me laugh. We don't have anything going on between us. Just do this one more time--- I will throw you right away inside the sea."

She scoffed, "You unlucky brat," Jennie had fled the scene as soon as she declared those.


Since the first time... Since the first time, Jennie had felt the bad vibes from him.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

It's when they're still in kindergarten. The first time she ever caught Jaewon in her stare.

"He's weird. Why is he standing there like that?"

Hanbin turned around and frowned, "Oh. Jung Jaewon!"

He had run towards him. Hanbin eagerly approached the weird boy; in Jennie's eyes at the very still.

It happened again when they're in high school. Hanbin is the one who approached him first without anyone asking. He's the one...

"Jaewon, let's go together," He offered the hand he never did to anyone else to a boy liked Jaewon.

It's Hanbin who initiated everything first between the three of them.

"Let's go too, Jennie," The same hand too, had been offered to the girl. 

Jennie... had never liked Jaewon. Ever since the start. But what can she do if that's the only thing to keep Hanbin beside her?

She... should have never met Jaewon again.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

*Present*

 

 

"Yes. Yes. I got it. Yes," The man had been nodding approvingly his head to every words uttered by the caller, "Then I will find it right away."

Another person there rushed to him, "Mr. Jung, is that the hospital? Is Hanbin okay?"

The man startled, "Yeah? Oh, no. There's something I need to find," He answered promptly, "I would go if he had become better. But he hasn't woken up for a week. I think he's in a coma state for now."