Star

Between You and Him

 

 

 

 

15
Star

 

 

Lightning struck furiously the land; scarcely penetrate the two ears as they're having a tense conversation. Jennie was currently looking at Jaewon as if she had no idea on what the hell they boy was talking about.

"Do you remember what you said to me?" Jaewon asked with his eyes locked on the girl, "The words you said with the eyes as if you looked at insects. Don't you ever think that could become a scar to me?"

Jennie stayed quiet.

"No matter how much I got into your way. Don't you think it's too much?"

The girl cupped her both ears, refused to hear any of the words uttered by the boy anymore, "
A---Ak!" She screamed hysterically.

"It's annoying. That's enough," Jaewon eloquently stated, "Don't avoid it and answer me, Jennie Kim."

The boy looked at his right side, keenly observing the girl who was retaining her both cheeks blushed causing Jaewon to frown severely his eyebrows.

Questions fiercely attacked Jaewon's mind; why did she act like this? Wait, there will be no way, "Yah, Jennie Kim---" He called out for the girl.

Jennie glanced nervously at Jaewon as he uttered some other words, "Huh, there's no way---" 

Still, she had a clueless expression plastered on her face.

"
Yo---You didn't know? That you like---"

Before Jaewon could ever continue his words, Jennie was already climbing down the stairs, running aimlessly from the boy.

She didn't care about the bad weather, all she cares about how absurd those words could come out from Jaewon. How did he--- 

Jennie kept running until to that point, she's dreadfully tired, she consumed all of her energy but her mind could bring her back to the memories she had in the past with Hanbin.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 



"Yah!" Jennie could hear someone was calling for her, "Yah, the girl who lives beside my house!" Yah!"

The little girl who was tightly holding onto her bag as she walked wearily under the rain, startled to see a really cute boy stood beside her, "Why are you getting hit by rain? Don't you have an umbrella?" The boy gently urged.

"Uh? She's a new transfer student in our class. Hanbin, do you know her?" The friend who was with the boy asked eagerly.

Hanbin cheerfully smiled, "Eung! She moved to the house beside mine!"

"Heol? Really?"

Jennie furrowed, decided to intentionally ignore the two boys at once.

"Oh, she just walked away."

Hanbin chased for the girl, "Yah! Do you want to use the umbrella together?" The boy strategically placed the umbrella he used on top of the girl's head, protecting Jennie from getting hit by the rain.

"You're going home, right?" He faithfully kept asking, "You will catch a cold if you stayed under the rain. 
Let's---"

"Stay away from me you 
lil kid. I will hit you if you keep annoying me," Jennie shouted right in his face as she walked away.

His friend tentatively approached the boy, "Why? She didn't like it?"

Hanbin snorted as his mind works, thinking on what kind of silly things he should do.

Jennie, who was probably intimidated after she did that to someone she barely knows, flustered when someone issued an umbrella into her hand.

"Use it well! You can give it to me la---" Hanbin fell onto the ground before he could complete his words, "Nooooo! My milk," The boy was currently crying over the spilled milk he bought at the store just now.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 



That night, Jennie was sitting alone at the stairs, thinking about her life when someone suddenly distracted her sole moment.

"Jennie Kim, What are you doing there? Is the door locked?"

She jerked her head around, looking gloomily at the boy with no intention to answer the question. Well, she didn't have to reply when she could heed the noise she has been merely avoiding the most.

Hanbin, who heard that, feeling bad for the girl, "Do you want to eat snacks?" His hand passed instantly a pack of chips towards Jennie from the window.

"Go away."

Jennie ends up followed Hanbin to a place he claimed as his 
favourite place.

"I left my house, my room, my books and even my clothes to come here. But they told me they were going to bring Semmy as well--- She's at the same age as me. But since this is not our house, we couldn't bring the dog along. That's why we sent it somewhere else."

The girl concealed her face behind her knees, "There's nothing. Everything I like has left me.

"Look at that," Hanbin pointed out to the sky, "Do you see it? There's a lot of it."

Jennie elevated her head up, looking wistfully at the same direction as the boy, "There's a lot of it but none of it were seen on the day. But it becomes a lot at night!"

"That's because of the light from the sun. It's so bright that's why we couldn't see stars---"

"You're right. It wasn't because there's none of it, it's because we don't see it," Hanbin positively claimed, "When my grandmother passed away, my dad once said this. Ah, also when Puppy died. And now, even dad has gone---" 

Hanbin smiled reassuringly, "You will see it again later. The things you like," He told Jennie, "You will have it again."

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 



Jennie went speechless with the concluding words uttered by Hanbin. 

You will have it again. The things you like.

The girl ended up kneeled down on the ground, trying to properly process all of the events happened to her lately. It's a mess. A total mess.

After a long time of crying alone, Jennie invariably found herself having her back leaned onto a big tree with both of her hands hugging her knees.

Oh---The rain has stopped. How long has it passed? Is it already dawn? 

I---I'm cold--- I need to go back.

Can I find the way back home?

She scarcely walked through the dark with no direction she wanted to go.

"You---You didn't know?"

Jennie snorted indignantly, "I don't know? Right. I'm a fool. I couldn't even think about it. No, wasn't it gifted? Because we always come as three and I just tagged along," She mumbled alone.

"But it ain't it. He could even detect it and laughed at me--- And I didn't even know about it--- Like a stupid. Then what should I do now?"

Jennie continues muttered.

"You said you would like to be my star? Then can we do it with just the two of us? Not three? There's no way you could do---that----"

A flash of light caused Jennie to squint her eyes.

There's no such thing would happen---

She veiled her left eyes due to sudden light attacked, and a familiar figure could be spotted standing right in front of her.

"Jennie Kim, what the hell are you!"

Jennie flustered to hear the voice, "Ha---Hanbin?"

"Are you crazy? Do you even know what time is it? I was looking for you like a crazy person! What the hell is wrong with you! What the hell are you doing!" Hanbin shouted furiously, his face filled with uncontrollable rage.