Guilt

Between You and Him

 

 

 

 

 

17
Guilt

 

 

"Answer? What kind of answer do you want?" Jennie crossed her arms, glaring fiercely at the boy, "Do I need to have a reason why I hate you?"

Jaewon looked at the girl, "I need it. No matter what it is," He sterned.

"Well, it has been a long time anyway. It could be you didn't even remember about it. Or maybe, you never think about it and need time for it," He reasoned, "Then you could have merely asked me to wait, Jennie."

The girl heaved out a sigh, feeling defeated, "Then, I should just tell the truth," She accurately stated, "You kept looking for a reason to tease and disturb me. If I keep neglecting you, paying no attention to you, it becomes no fun anymore."

"Really?"

Jennie clenched her fist, gritted her teeth, "It's better for you to laugh over it? Don't you want to do that? The dirtier I felt, the better you feel, isn't it? Do whatever you want, Jung Jaewon!"

Jaewon still with his tight expression, "Is it hard?" He urged, "I am too. I've always been like that."

She reasonably maintained her head lowered down before the boy suddenly shove his face right in front of her.

"About the past. I've constantly been thinking about what I did wrong to you over and over again. Those glare and dirty look you gave me, I ignored all of it," Jaewon continued bitterly, "But after all of that, I acted as if it's nothing. Why? Because you're Hanbin's friend."

If I keep neglecting you, paying no attention to you, it becomes no fun anymore. Talking about that. You tell me to do whatever you want? I don't think so. Aren't you the one who was faithful to your feelings?"

The girl strucked upon the last question.

"It must be good. You can show as much as you want. You could let everyone know what you like and what you hate. But, it's not for me," Jaewon suddenly hauled the girl into his embrace as he improperly placed both of his hands on the girl's shoulders, "I can't do any of that."

Jennie was startled by the sudden action but could execute a rational decision when she rapidly pushed the boy away from her.

"Yah! What are you guys doing? Let's go and eat!" Hayi severely disrupted their moment.

She scarcely passed a final glare towards Jaewon before she walked away from him, abandoning the boy behind.

While Jaewon stayed there for few minutes more as he remarked something sparkle laid on the sand. He picked it up, frowning thoughtfully his eyebrows, "Star," He mumbled incoherently as he stared resolutely onto the key chain on his palm.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

After the lunch, all of them unanimously decided to go home as they're in the wrong place anyway. 

Instead of being outside like she routinely did, Jennie isolated herself, sitting alone as she vacantly stared the view in front of her.

"Jennie is really weird. She hasn't been talking anything," Hayi properly claimed as they're few seats away from the girl.

Seungyoon looked thoughtfully at the same direction as the girl, "Is it because she isn't feeling well?"

"No--- she looks like someone who wants to escape reality---"

Jennie then suddenly stood up, startling both Seungyoon and Hayi at once. She walked out through the open door, leaving her two friends in clueless.

"Wh--Where are you going, Jennie-yah---" Hayi muttered.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

"Uncle, don't you have energizer drink? Or maybe, medicine for a cold!" Hanbin eagerly inquired the man.

The man heaved out a sigh, "Everything sold out. We don't have medicine for a cold," He reluctantly answered.

"Look at that. I told you they wouldn't have it," Jaewon suddenly appeared beside of him, "She will be okay. She's always healthy anyway," He merely stated as he crossed his arms.

Hanbin scoffed, having his concerned expression as he gritted his teeth, "You should've come with her."

"What?"

"Even if she told you she wanted to go alone, you should have held onto her or follow her," Hanbin rightfully claimed, "What will you do if anything happens to her?"

Jaewon secretly rolled his eyes, "You're right. I'm sorry," He said half-heartedly.

"You--- are you serious about it?" 

Sudden question by Hanbin startled the tall boy.

"About what?"

"You told me in the past. That you like Jennie."

Jaewon stayed quiet for a moment as his mind wandered around, "Why? Do you think I'm being too much towards someone I like? That's why you asked me if it's true?"

"Uh---No. I don't know much about that," He jerked his head.

"I can't catch her. Or maybe, medicine for a cold!"

Hanbin frowned severely to the prior statement.

"Don't worry about it, Hanbin. And you don't have to try so hard as well. I can't be in a special relationship with Jennie. Whatever it is, it's the best to make it be like this," He propped, looking upwards, "Just, I want to let you know. The fact that I actually like her."

She heard it all.

Jennie, she heard it. From the start till the end.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

Hanbin had forced both Hayi and Seungyoon to go back in taxi because Seungyoon's condition was pretty bad after a heavy ride on the ferry.

"Go home safely. Call me when you reached home," Hanbin reported the two.

"Yah---are you sure we can really ride this? The fee will be expensive, though," Hayi worried.

Hanbin reasonably assured the girl, "It's okay. Jaewon is rich anyway. He has a lot of money."

"Ah right! You better take care of Jennie! She was like that because of you two."

The boy scoffed, "How can it's because of me! Just go home already!" 

The taxi instantly started to move, leaving peacefully the three of them behind. He had settled down with those two and now... He subtly reminded of something.

"Yah! I need to go somewhere first! Wait for me!" Hanbin suddenly ran across the road towards somewhere else.

Jennie stayed quiet though she was bothered by it as they boy abandons her with Jaewon alone behind. But then, she was too weary to even argue about it.

Jaewon looked wonderingly at the girl as he took out something from his jeans pocket, "You dropped this," He gave back the glittery key chain he picked up on the sand just now.

"You shouldn't let your precious things go missing. The thing was bought at oversea," Jaewon credibly claimed, "Ah, of course, it wasn't because of it's expensive---"

"Stop---I can't do this anymore. I can't hold it back anymore," Jennie finally uttered a word.

While on the other side, Hanbin was trying to buy some medicine for Jennie to eat.

"Just get lost, Jung Jaewon. Go die. Right now."