Boundary

Between You and Him

 

 

 

 

He has always been beside him.

After what happened to him when he's young.

He used to be a gloomy kid.

At some point, he suddenly changed.

Sometimes, the thought of being envy to him came across my mind. He lives a good life 
though his mother wasn't with him.

There's nothing could annoy him since he didn't have to worry about earning money unlike me.

But that wasn't the reason why I hate him.

It's because you're beside Hanbin.

I hate to admit it.

But Hanbin has always been adoring you.

Probably from the start.

That's what bothers me.

 

 

 

19
Boundary

 

 

The two of them currently on the ambulance after Jennie called it in a rush. The van was moving aggressively around that she needs to cling to the bar set at the stroller.

"The wave is quite hard. Are you okay?" The medical officer concernedly asked.

"
Ye---Yes," Jennie answered as she reliably detected Jaewon gradually revealing his eyes, "Jung Jaewon---did you regain your consciousness? Now we're on the ferry as I called for an ambulance just now. We will arrive soon."

"Do you hear me? Yah! Since when you're sick? You didn't eat anything weird right?" The girl bombarded with the questions he couldn't possibly answer.

"Jen---Jennie---"

"Yah," Jennie amplified her voice, "Jung Jaewon, answer me! Don't you hear me?!"

"It's because his temperature was so high. Keep applying the ice to him," The officer eloquently stated.

Jennie clamped her lips, grabbing the ice pack beside her and put it on his body.

He fondly remembered everything happened on the incident day.

But he didn't tell me anything about it.

If he ever tells me...

I'm sure I won't listen to him...

Like a fool...

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

"Hey there, hurry up," The officer politely called for Jennie when she was helplessly standing in front of the ambulance.

It's okay. Everything is going to be okay.

On their way to the hospital, Jaewon managed to regain his consciousness once again, "Are you awake? How are you now?" The man persistently urged, "Can you tell me what happened to you?"

Jennie was looking critically at Jaewon with her teary eyes, feeling 
horrible like everything happened is because of her. She's the reason why Jaewon in this state.

"The memories---disturbed you?" Jaewon asked in a low voice, "That---That wasn't because of you. Everything was because of me---"

"That's fine. Don't say those things," Jennie replied grimly, "It wasn't entirely your fault. I don't want to think like that anymore. Then, everything I said on the incident day---"

Say it, Jennie--- Just say it.

Say it that you didn't mean it at all---


The van suddenly brakes caused the phone that was on her hand fell onto the ground.

It's weird--- There's something I missed---

It comes across her mind as her eyes caught the key chain hung on her phone.

"Are you okay? Here, it is," The male officer passed the phone back to Jennie.


"Hey, are you okay? Here, take it. It was in 
the patient's hand."

Why---It's in Hanbin's hand?

"That--- you didn't throw it away, Jennie?" Jaewon asked upon seeing the key chain, "I thought you would throw it away--- Because of me--- You're mad at me--- And that's why you threw it away---"

"Hey, can you tell me your condition?" The male officer has been bluetick by Jaewon since he woke up.

"I bought that at overseas."

"It's pretty right? It's for you."

"It's in the patient's hand."


She undoubtedly tried to properly attach the missing puzzle together but inevitably failed.


"Jung Jaewon. This--- 
why is it in Hanbin's hand?"

Jaewon' eyes widened, he forced himself to wake up, "What?" He gently held her hand, "Jennie Kim, you--- all your memories didn't come back yet?"

Upon those particular words, like 
a magic
, all of the missing memories come to her like a nightmare.

"N---No," Hanbin shouted as he struck his friends away from the road, "Are you two crazy?! What the hell are you trying to do!! It could've been bad!! Are you in your right mind?!!!"

Jaewon rose up his head a little bit, unanimously passing a sinister smile towards Jennie.

Her eyes instantly caught the key chain laid on the road before she took it and flung it to the middle of the road, wished it could be gone forever.


Hanbin, who saw that, promptly took a drastic decision as he instantly rushed to take it before---

Jennie cluelessly stared at Jaewon and the boy hauled her into his embrace, slowly caressing her hair.

I think I know now why you didn't tell me.

You know I can't handle it.

You know I will completely destroy myself.

That's why you can't tell me.

Right, Jung Jaewon?