Mistake

Between You and Him

 

 

 

She thinks about it over and over again.

Since when does it start?

Who was the one at fault?

Why something like this has to happen?

How come?

Seriously, why?

Why... he's doing this to her?

 

 

Flashback

 

Jaewon tightly held onto Jennie's wrist, placing it on his chest as she struggled to escape from it, "Here. Push me away from you. Only then, I will let you go," A sound of the car speeding up could be clearly discerned by their ears, "Do whatever you want, Jennie Kim." 

Jennie flustered when a car suddenly honked her, causing the sweats to continuously dripping down her forehead. She looked at the boy with fears in her eyes. 

"Let me go!" The girl shouted right in front of his face with her teary eyes. 

Upon the words, Jaewon tightened his grip, pulling the girl closer, "Why? Do you want to run away again? Like a coward?" He snorted. 

"I said let me go," She had gritted her teeth as she declared those but there's no sign for Jaewon to back-off from whatever he wants to do at the moment. He already made up his mind. 

Jaewon's lips slightly curved upwards, producing a devilish smirk, "Why? Are you afraid? You think you can't do it?" He provoked the latter, "I can do it though. I can crush you right away in one piece." 

"What the hell are you guys doing right now?!" Both of their attention went to Hanbin who was currently standing not too far from the two of them. 

And... that would be the last time... until...

 

 

______________________________________

 

 

02
Mistake

 

 

 

"Jennie-yah!" A slap landed right on Jaewon's left cheeks as Hayi shrieked the words. Both Seungyoon and Hayi flustered by the sudden action from Jennie, totally different from her true self.

Crystal-clear liquid endlessly running down her cheeks, "Get out!" She pitched up her voice, bombarded the whole area, "Get out from here right away! Why are you even here?! On what basis allow you to do so?!"

Jaewon placed his palm on his cheeks, in 
hope it could relieve the pain he felt at the moment.

"Do you feel good? Huh? Are you happy to bother me?!" Jennie continuously striking the boy, "Then, is that why you even made Hanbin that way?! Answer me, Jung Jaewon! Why?!"

Hayi, who was clearly a few centimeters shorter from 
Jennie, tried so hard to hold the girl, halting her from moving anywhere farther. Jennie could never reach Jaewon because they had no idea on what kind of things Jennie would do at this point.

"What kind of mistakes I had done to you?!" Jennie had her tears dripping down her cheeks, producing a stream as she maintained her voice loud and clear when she stated those, "I won't let you go. I will never leave you alone."

Her friend had forced Jennie away from Jaewon, utilized her whole strength while Seungyoon stayed beside Jaewon, making sure he didn't do anything foolish.

"Jennie-yah, stop! Calm down."

Jennie gnawed her lower lips, gritted her teeth as she clenched her fist, "You-- cruel-- It's all your fault. Till this point, it's all--- It's been wrong ever since you enter our life--- What should we do with Hanbin---"

She sobbed as her legs gave up, forcing her to end up on the floor, crouching down with both of her palms hiding her puffy eyes.

"What should I do---? This is ridiculous--- Why Hanbin---"

Hayi diverted her attention towards the tall boy, "I heard you ran into the road first? Why did you do that, huh?"

Jaewon looked at the other boy beside him, startling Seungyoon. He had nervous expression plastered on his face, clearly didn't look comfortable with the stare Jaewon executed him.

"Did you two fight again? That's why you went out of rage?" Jaewon stayed silent, "It's frustrating so, say something, you fool! You told us you already report everything to the nurse. But why you haven't 
talked anything to us? There will be no way you have a thought of dying again and you did---"

Hayi couldn't complete her words when they perceived someone called out for Jaewon's name.

"Jaewon-ah---?" The tall boy rotated his head around to perceive a familiar face, "Where is Hanbin?" Her cheeks flushed with tears in her eyes, "Our Hanbin, where---"

The woman approached Jaewon, "Your shirt--- blood--- there's a lot of blood on it. What on the world---" Her hand reached the boy's shirt, "Hanbin--- Our boy must hurt a lot. Ah--- What do we do? It must be hurt---" She grasped the shirt with her small hands to support her wobbly legs, "What should I do--- Ah---"

The taller boy bent down and placed the woman's hand into hers, intertwined their fingers together, "Don't worry," Jaewon flashed an assurance smile towards her, "Hanbin told me before he entered the operation room that he will come out real fast and requested you to wait for him. He can't live if you're crying because it's too embarrassing."

"Re---Really?" Her eyes full with hope when she looked at Jaewon.

Jaewon assuredly bobbed his head, "Yes, I heard it from him. Right, guys?" His attention went to Seungyoon and Hayi who was currently standing beside him. The two had jerked their head instantly, agreeing to Jaewon's words.

"That's why you don't have to worry about it and sit down," His eyes fell on the woman's bare feet, "You forgot to wear your slippers as you're rushed to be here. I will go and buy it. Will you be okay?" He sought with a 
smile still on his lips.

While Jennie looked at the boy with an intense gaze. What a fake... She retained those in her mind.

"Go and come back fast Jaewon-ah," The woman uttered.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

Hanbin's mother settled on the chair outside the operation room while Jennie presumably secured a few seats away from her. Though she knows the woman, she didn't feel like talking to her at the moment. Especially after witnessing how the woman treated Jaewon just now. 

If only she knows who is the reason why all of these happened...

"Here, drink this," Hayi had passed a can of soda to the girl who didn't consume anything since they're here. She bought it with Seungyoon while ago at the nearest vending machine around the area because they didn't want to leave Jennie alone for that long.

Hayi heaved out an audible sigh when Jennie maintained her head looking downwards, "Take it. You have been like this for hours."

While Seungyoon on the other side offered
the other drink, they brought to Hanbin's mother, "Auntie, you may drink this," He passed the can to the middle-aged woman.

"Thank you," Her face brightened up as she regarded the young man, "But who are you?"

The latter scratched his head, "I--I'm Kang Seungyoon," His eyes went to her hand which currently struggling to open the can, "Let me open it for you," Seungyoon offered.

"I didn't know that Hanbin's mum would react till that way," Hayi stated as her eyes locked on the woman.

At last, Jennie remarked something after a long time staying silent, "She wasn't like that normally. Maybe because it's too sudden."

It actually hurts Hayi to mark her friend looking all sad and down. She wished she could do something but... sigh. 
The girl gripped the vacant seat beside Jennie.

"Whatever it is, she managed to calm down because of Jaewon," Hayi declared, "He was too calm. Everyone is freaking out but he could look like he's okay with everything. You're really surprised too, weren't you? It's the first time I've seen you mad till that point. Don't worry too much. Jaewon told us that Hanbin--"

Jennie didn't let Hayi continue her words, "It's a lie," She clenched her fist on her lap, holding back the tears that were about to make an appearance again, "I-- even though I wasn't in my right mind but I am deadly sure I remember it that--- Hanbin lost his consciousness."

"But Jennie---"

"I'm begging you, Hayi. I hate to scarcely think about that boy," She nibbled her lower lips, tears running down her cheeks for the endless time today, "If only he didn't exist--- If he ever did, all of these wouldn't happen--- I can't forgive him-- Never--- I'm so angry and anxious that I'm going crazy. Really--- I really---."

Hayi gritted her teeth as her hand slowly the girl's hair, "It's okay, Jennie. Let's wait for a little while. Everything is going to be okay."

The sound of someone coming from the door of the operation room totally averted their whole attention. The four of them there stood up, gathered around the man who was wearing a full green outfit, undoubtedly just done with an operation.

"H--How was my son?"

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

As the ICU only allows a visitor at one time, after his mother had done, Jennie quickly volunteered herself to go and see the boy. Though she was pretty certain, her heart wasn't ready for it but it's now or never. 

She timidly entered the room and scarcely stood beside the boy's bed for quite a long time. 

Staring longingly at the portable monitor, his head wrapped with the bloodstained bandage and his hand that has been injected by odorless liquid flowing up from the bag properly hanging on its place. 

Hanbin still remains unconscious. Today, her eyes never fell to produce tears as it quickly escaped her eyes when she perceived the boy, "Why did I even hear to your words like a fool? When I know the moment, you proposed it; it would turn out to a total mess. I always busy taking lessons--- getting mad at you---"

She closed her sunken eyes, gritted her teeth as her fist clenched. 

"Hanbin, you fool. No matter how mad am I towards you, you don't have to cause an accident. Like a fool, I'm---"

Right... I'm a fool. A fool. I know. Even if I know it well... You will never let me go.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

Jaewon on the other side was spending his time alone in the toilet. He had all the water clogged inside the sink as he clenched his fist, "You smile?" He cleansed his face as he tried to get rid of his imaginative dreadful vision but failed, "I'm going to rip that mouth off. Don't smile." 

The unknown woman in white dress still standing behind him, making he lost the last piece of his patience. 

"Don't you dare to take him away from me. I won't stay quiet." 

A knock on the door startled Jaewon, totally forcing the vision to instantly vanished from his mind. 

"Jaewon-ah, are you in there?" Seungyoon's voice could be heard from the outside. Jaewon elevated his head up, looking nervously at the figure behind the door with an opaque mirror. 

"It's about Hanbin. His operation ends well and has been brought to ICU. It took a long time because he injures his head." 

Seungyoon kept knocking the door when there's no answer coming from Jaewon, "The operation went well--- Hey-- Are you listening? Jaewon, everything is okay over there right? Eung?" 

Jaewon headed towards the door, leaving the sink with a flowing water and... a broken mirror with a visible blood splattered on the shattered pieces, "Got it. I'm coming."