Request

Between You and Him

 

 

 

"Wow, heck!" Hayi rushed towards Jennie who was busy reading a book at the bench near the field, "Jennie-yah! Why didn't you tell me?!"

Jennie frowned thoughtfully upon the question, "What?"

"Park Chaeyoung! And Jung Jaewon, that they're dating!! Is it real? Since when?" Hayi bombarded Jennie with the question she could never answer, "What exactly happened?"

The girl tilted her head, looking confused, "Uh?"

"What is this? You didn't know about it?" Hayi justly claimed in frustration.

Jennie gulped, her eyes shaking, "Th--They told it by themselves?"

"Ugh--- You didn't know about it. I heard that Chaeyoung told it to Mijoo," Her friend stated positively, "It's really hectic now. We don't know when Mijoo will ever go crazy---"

Hayi jerked, "It's absolutely a thrill. A queen and a witch going to have a fight! This is extremely interesting!"

 

 

______________________________________

 

 

07
Request

 

 

A boy fell hopelessly onto the filthy floor due to the violent push made by Mijoo. 

"Yah, you brat. What are you? What the hell are you looking at?" Mijoo glared ferociously at the boy as if she despises him the most in the world, "Do you think I'm ridiculous? That's why you're laughing?"

He gulped, clearing his parched throat as his eyes started to get teary, "N---No, I----I 
ju-----just---" He tearfully apologized, "I----I'm sorry-- Sorry---"

"You're 
Chaeyoung's servant, right? Serve you right," Mijoo snorted indignantly, "How great that insect-like girl? She told you that I was a joke, right?" 

The boy stayed quiet.

"Tell me, you brat. Uh?" Mijoo scoffed, "Ugh! These unlucky guys---I would just---" She was so close in placing a punch right in his face before someone halted her.

"What are you doing here, Mijoo?" Hanbin intervened them.

She looked sternly at the one who was holding her hand, "Let me go. I won't overlook even if it's you, Hanbin."

"Ey, don't be like that~" Hanbin steadfastly insisted, "Even if you're mad, this ain't it, right?"

Hanbin then approached the helpless boy and generously helped him that was helplessly laid on the cold floor, "I will ask Jaewon directly. That's okay, right?"

"Yah, are you okay? What is your name?" He urged the boy.

He looked earnestly at Hanbin with a pair of nervous eyes, "K--Kang Seungyoon," The boy answered.

While Mijoo on the other side, still with her tight face.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

"I heard that even Hanbin butted it. Did he join the fight?"

"I don't know. Didn't he want to stop it? He originally loved to meddle with others' problems." 

"Let's just go."

Jennie accidentally overheard the conversation that she suddenly becomes concerned over Hanbin. She knows intuitively how Hanbin loves to undoubtedly help other people, that's why... 

But before she does anything, someone called for her, "Hey there, Jennie," She turned around to see her teacher, "Can you come here for a while?"

Jennie furrowed her eyebrows, "Mr. Jung? 
I---I need to go---"

"Just for a while," His hand desperately waving, calling for Jennie.

The girl had no other choice but to see him, "Yah, Lee Mijoo, she's like that because of Jaewon, right?"

"Yes, it's because of Chaeyoung, and Jaewon is dating---"

"I already know that," He promptly cuts her words, "He's already brought Chaeyoung to the house. Because of that, we fought."

Jennie didn't know why but it doesn't surprise her anymore at this point. 

"Uh---Uh--- That brat. I already told him to not mess with any of the students here. Ah, really---" He frustratedly plucked his hair.

Jennie awkwardly clamped her lower lips, "Why are you like this?"

"He told me that it was a present by you."

She couldn't think of anything over the statement told by the man.

"What does he means by that?"

Jennie looked wonderingly at the man with clueless eyes. She had no idea, "Yeah?"

"No right, no, no. You will never do that," The man steadfastly insisted, "What the hell he was planning again?"

And Jennie didn't grasp why she should be here, listening to it.

"Talking about that. As you know, Jaewon ain't really it when it comes to girls matters. He had a problem with her mother--- Aaaa--" He abruptly stopped, "No, no, just pretend like I never say it."

He heaved out a profound sigh, "Jennie-yah, I'm counting on you. Please drag Chaeyoung away from Jaewon. There's nothing good coming out from this."

"I'm sure, there's something will happen," His eyes looked anxious but sincere at the same time, "I'm sure."

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

"Tell us Chaeyoung~ I'm really curious!"

"What do you talk about when you meet? Did he treat you well?"

The girls currently in a room where their study groups holding. Yes, the study group that Jennie joins.

"Well," Chaeyoung tucked in her hair behind her ears as a smile formed on her lips, "It's kind of vague to tell it."

"I heard that he went abroad for a trip last week? What did he buy for you? Bag? Dress?"

She snorted, "You know I don't care about any of that," Chaeyoung typically claimed. 

"Ey, you want to say that you're happy just by seeing his face?"

Chaeyoung smirked, crossing her arms, "That's something Jaewon said, though."

"Kyak~! Really? He really said those things? Wow, it must be so great~~!"

Jennie found something new on Chaeyoung, "That necklace---"

"Ah, this---" She held onto it with a whimsical smile on her face.

"Uh? What what? Is this what Jaewon bought for you? It's really pretty~!"

"It's really a diamond, right? Since it's a necklace, it really looks like he made it just for you."

Chaeyoung giggled nervously, "Ay, don't say like that~"

Necklace... it prompts Jennie of something Jaewon said once ago.

"At first, give them a necklace," Jaewon credibly claimed.

The three were currently enjoying a quick dinner at the fast food restaurant near their school.

"If you know what's the meaning behind the present, you will love it," Jaewon claimed.

Hanbin took a sip of his drink as he frowned thoughtfully, "Meaning? What kind of meaning?"

"I want to own you--- Well kind of?" The boy answered promptly.

Jennie gulped, looking disgusted to the words uttered by Jaewon.

"Damn, that's so 
cringey," Hanbin declared.

"There means also behind if you made the necklace by yourself for someone else. 'Your neck is pretty. I like that kind of neckline. Please make it look good'." Jaewon said, "Then you just need to wait; they will change their hairstyle in no time."

Hanbin looked tremendously excited over the statement, "Wow-- really? Did they really change?"

"Well, kind of--- this is really easy, you know."

"Stop it! That's so gross!" Jennie finally interfered with the boys' conversation.


"Right, Chaeyoung-ah. There's a new lipstick coming out. Should we go and see it?"

Chaeyoung elevated her eyebrows, "Really? Sure. Let's go."

Jennie anxiously looked at 
Chaeyoung.

It's okay. 

I'm convinced that Chaeyoung did some thought on it. 

On top of all that, she wants it--- 

Okay--- I don't really need to worry about it. 

Everything will be okay. 

Right---

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

 "I don't know, but I don't like it."

Jennie and Hanbin were on their way to go home after a day being spent lavishly in the school. Due to the extra classes, lately, they need to stay at school till late at night. 

Jennie would say she's glad to have Hanbin because, at the very least, she doesn't have to walk alone to go home.

"Wh--What is it?" Jennie cautiously asked as she eats heartily the ice-cream in her hand, "Why did you say that?"

Hanbin naturally took a delicious bite on the ice-cream cone, "Ah--- just I feel like that."


"What the heck. You will usually side him on whatever he did," Jennie didn't know why, but totally there's something she couldn't say though she covets it, "Is it because Chaeyoung was taken away from you? You're the closest with Jung Jaewon--- why is that matter?"

"There's nothing like that."

His statement halted instantly Jennie from taking any bite on the ice-cream. She looked steadfastly at Hanbin who was currently sitting on the concrete block beside her.

"Ugh, actually----" Hanbin didn't really want to talk about it but bet, he could never keep anything from Jennie.

He has always been honest with the girl.

"I got a call during the weekend, so I went to his house but all of his belongings were scattered around the house. I thought he didn't feel good, so I wanted to cook something for him to eat---"


His conscious mind wandered around to the moment.

"At a moment like that, it really seems like the Jung Jaewon that I met for the first time."

"Hanbin-ah. I think I'm really crazy," Jaewon rightfully claimed.

Hanbin, who was busy cooking, shifted to look at the boy, "Why? Did you see something again?"

He shook his head, "It's boiling inside of me. I feel like it's exploding. I want to destroy them all."

"Just destroy it all! It's okay," Hanbin smilingly assured, "You have a lot of money, so you could just buy it again," He continued gently, "Just ruined it all! Who cares!"

Jaewon felt helpless upon heeding it. But suddenly Hanbin appeared behind of him as he placed his hand on the boy's back.

"But instead, don't hurt yourself, you fool," He promptly declared, "It's already done. Let's eat."

"That's why. I'm begging, Jennie-yah," Hanbin put his both hands together, facing towards Jennie, "It's okay even if it's for a while. Just don't hate him and be nice to him. Can't you do that?"

"He's really hurting here," He pointed out to his right chest, "Wait, is it here?" He moved his hand slightly to the left, "Whatever it, I'm begging you, Jennie! Just a little bit! Eung? Okay?"


Jennie never liked this kind of request...

Because she knows...

She knows it well...


Why Jaewon was acting like that...

Why Hanbin 
being extremely care about him...

She knows it well... She knew it...

But... she was tired as well... so why only her need to care about everything?

Why does she need to understand all of it?

Even now, she's trying...

But what else she should do?

Just don't ask 
those kinds of requests... please...

I'm here beside you, too.

I'm here beside you, too, Kim Hanbin.

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

Epilogue

 

"Heol--- Park Chaeyoung dropped her rank. That's really low."

"It's my first time seeing it---- Did she lost her mind while she's dating."

"But did you hear that?" Someone went to restaaurant in Gangnam and they saw Chaeyoung. She's working as waiter."

"Right, did she lie about being rich?"

"Guys, be quiet," One of the boys there said when she noticed Jaewon was there with them.

Jaewon stared at the boardmark, "What's with you, Jennie Kim. Your marks rose up. Wow, she's really sly huh. Right?"

He asked but everyone just frowned.