Sorrow

Between You and Him

 

 

 

 

21
Sorrow

 

Winds hit the trees softly, naturally making it move followed to the rhythm. Students walked along the hallways, heading towards the cafeteria to grab their lunch. There are even some of them doing nothing but just sit and admire the views.

So does both Hayi and Seungyoon. Their days have been feeling empty especially after three of their friends absent for days.

"It's cold. Fall is finally coming to the end," Hayi complained as she was having her head rested at the windows.

Seungyoon mutually agreed, "First snow will fall in a bit," He claimed.

"I don't want it. I hate being cold," Hayi stated, "Seungyoon-ah, do you know what I saw yesterday at the 
hospital?"

He frowned thoughtfully, "Huh? Did you go to visit Hanbin yesterday?"

"Yeah."

Hayi suddenly stretched her body startling the boy, "You know that we've lost contact with Jennie these few days right?"

"Y--Yeah, till you get mad."

"Right. That's why I tried to go to the hospital yesterday. I went through something shocking as soon as I reached there," She started to tell, "Jennie--- she was talking to Jaewon, in front of Hanbin."

"T---They two-- were talking?" Seungyoon flustered upon the sudden info.

Hayi crossed her arms, nodding eagerly, "Jaewon
teach Jennie on how to take care of Hanbin. While Jennie--- she looks like she will faint anytime soon---" She explained, "How should I say--- What happened was it's hard for me to even ask about it, so I just stood there and excused myself right after that. But a moment later, I received a message from Jennie."

 

Sorry for making you worried. I will tell you all about it later.

 

"I don't exactly know what happened but Jennie really looked like she was having a hard time. I could feel it's already beyond her limit. What I was mad about like how she could talk to Jaewon... If she ever had a hard time, she could've told me about it... Ugh..."

Seungyoon cut Hayi's words, "I know might look like a bit of over-react if I said this--- I was relieved when you said Jaewon and Jennie started to talk. Jennie--- she looks like she kept holding herself from doing it---"

"The Jennie that I know--- Even if she had a hard time, she would try to solve it by herself. It did look mature and good but sometimes, I thought she was being too reserved on everything," He undoubtedly continued, "Then something really hard hit her that she couldn't even handle it anymore. I feel like there's no way for her to get over it alone."

"But then I keep thinking, can she ever talk to anyone about it. I thought on the possibility of it---"

Hayi furrowed her fierce eyebrows, "Jung Jaewon--- Is it him?"

"Whatever it is, all of these start from the two of them."

"Yeah, you're right about that---"

Seungyoon's lips slightly curved upwards, "I know you're worried but don't be mad, Hayi. Let's wait for them. Support them in silence."

"I know it!" She suddenly pitched her voice in mild annoyance, "That's what I'm trying to say!!"

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

"Tadaa! Look at this!! It's pretty, right?" The middle-aged woman excitedly showed the star she bought from the mart, "It's glow in the dark. I bought it so that we could paste it!!"

Both Jaewon and Jennie promptly toss back their head to look at her, "Ah--- We might need to ask about it to the nurse first."

"I already got the permission! Let's put 10 of it!"

The words star itself brings a lot of meaning to Jennie. Stars... The thing she loves the most in the world. 

Jaewon marked the change of expression on Jennie when Hanbin's mother talked merrily about her plan in decorating her son's room.

"Since you already come, we're going to grab some food," Jaewon prominently mentioned as he intuitively grasped Jennie's wrist and trailed her out from the room.

"Eung! Eat well before you come back here!" The woman exclaimed joyfully.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

"Here, eat," Jaewon tenderly placed a tray of food consists of a bowl of noodles and a few side dishes in front of the girl, "I told them to intentionally exclude the things you dislike. If you found it hard to eat, at least drink the soup."

The boy took the vacant spot in front of Jennie.

"I've always been running because I was so shocked. Hanbin--- he always ready to sacrifice everything every time you hurt yourself. When he clearly knows, why did you hurt--- Though you've already got treatment--- He always had the same worried face when he ran to you."

She paused thoughtfully, "Then your face--- The smile you had on your face when nothing happened--- The expression that doesn't even fit you at all."

"Well, I bet Hanbin will say the same thing too if he's here. 'Just eat, Jennie'," Jaewon said, "He will be like that. He would ask you to eat as it would worry him. But then, he has always been like that."

Jennie took a sip of the soup, "You're right. He even knows the fact that I don't like udon. You're still too far for it, stupid."

"Then, you want to eat rice?"

"I don't want to. Now, it's good to have soup," Jennie refused in instant.

Do you ever imagine it, Hanbin?

The fact that I could be alone with Jaewon without you being around.

The fact I was eating and talking to him.

Without even arguing or fighting over anything.

It's amusing, right?

Did we reconcile? No.

No one between us said sorry nor forgiving.

To be honest, we did nothing.

But weirdly, I wasn't mad anymore.

Instead, only regret left inside of me.

But I won't talk about that.

So did Jaewon.

The regret we're going to take for life.

That's why, I'm begging, Hanbin.

Give me a chance.

I won't hope for anything.

I won't be greed.

I won't get mad nor complaining.

I will smile at you.

And be beside you like you always wanted.

Give us the chance to do so, Hanbin.

So, I won't live in regret.

Please, give the chance to us, Hanbin.

 

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

"Don't be worry and come back safely. I will call you often," Jaewon notified as Jennie got herself ready to go somewhere.

She snorted, "Don't do anything stupid. I will come back real fast."

"Say it to yourself."

"I will come back, Hanbin," She promptly took the last chance to have a look on the boy.

Jaewon interrupted eagerly, "Jennie, she's going for mistletoe."

"Shut up."

The first day of snow falling down.

I went back to my hometown.

Leaving them behind.