Scar

Between You and Him

 

 

 

 

My mum... that woman after she died right in front of me.

My whole life, everything, changed.

I can't eat, I can't lift my head up, I can't even say anything.

Because of the guilt, I had in killing her.

I knew it better than anybody else on how tortured it is.

"Jaewon-ah, it's okay, that happened accidentally."

"Right. You're sick now. You need to forget about it."

I can't forget it. It won't disappear.

That's why I needed it more.

Someone to lead me.

Someone who can take me out of the dark and bring me to light.

The place where I should be.


And it happened to be... 

"Let's go, Jung Jaewon."


Him...

 

 

20
Scar

 

 

Jaewon woke up to the long dream he had. He vehemently maintained his poker face, looking amiably his unusual surrounding and the needle that was currently being injected into his body.

Right, he's in hospital.

"He's okay now. He fainted because of his high temperature," Sound of someone talking could be heard as the door opened, "If he woke up, I'll send him to home."

The man elevated his head up to regard merely his one and only nephew.

"You're awake, stupid," He snorted, "You've been unconscious for two days after you admitted."

"What about Hanbin?" The sole question he had wanted to seek.

The man leveled his eyes, "Do you even know who called me? Your grandfather. You know it's not a thoughtless thing once he called me right?"


"How was Hanbin?" He asked again but this time, his hand pulled out the needle on his arms as it annoyed him.

"Yah! What are you doing? Don't take it out!" His uncle complained bitterly.

"Hanbin---"

He clenched his fist, "Shut up! You don't have any right to find for Hanbin! I told you to not do anything stupid till he woke up. Tell me if you found it difficult or frustrating. Till when are you going to keep it all alone, huh?"

"What should I say?"

"What?"

"What kind of things I could say?" He grinned wickedly, "I'm a crazy boy who killed my mother and now even my friend at the verge of dying."

"This bastard--- are you complaining again? Why are you bringing your mum up? How many times do I have to tell you that's an incident."

Jaewon snorted indignantly, "Suddenly I remembered. It's accident right?"

"I told you it was not your fault."

"Thanks to that I look like a crazy person who feels guilty over everything," Jaewon claimed, "It doesn't matter how you guys told me it wasn't my fault. The thing was I witnessed it by myself."

He started to change his attire, "There were people out there smashed their heads in front of me. I kept throwing up until I got used to it. That's how my father left me."

"What---? That's because you need treatment---"

"Treatment? Don't make me laugh. You're afraid of the rumors that might spread, that's why you locked me there. I did lie. I told her incident was just an accident, and I won't have any weird thoughts anymore. Because that's only how he would listen to me," Jaewon stated bluntly.

"By then I know. What kind of life I will be living. I feel disgusting but by time, I'm used to it. But then--- I can't help but 
to get mad over it. The things the woman did to me was unforgivable. I don't have anyone to vent my pent-up anger. Because she already died---"

But then--- why it must be---

She knows how it tortures me but yet she did the same. 

The things the woman did to me, how can she did the same--- 

What, don't you think I don't know it would be this way?

No, I knew all of it. Though I know it, I still disturbed her.

I got mad at you though I know you weren't that woman.

Why did you push me away, Jennie Kim?

Why didn't you accept me!!

I need to get you back!!

I need to get you back again!!

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

"You told me you were Jennie's friend right? Is there anything happened to her lately?" 

The owner of the house flustered to see Jennie's condition who was currently kneeled down on the floor, possessing her whole body shaking.

"She didn't go back to her room for days but as soon as she did--- she becomes like that when she tried to cook for her brothers---" The middle-aged woman sufficiently explained, "Do you know why she's been like that? She didn't let me touch her--- Didn't even explain why---"

"Please take the boys inside and calm them down," Jaewon tentatively suggested as he saw the twins were crying loudly, looking at their sister's condition.


"Ah, I will," The woman took the two boys into their room in wish she could try to calm them down.

Jaewon carefully approached Jennie who was vainly on the floor, "Get up, Jennie Kim. Get up and look at me."

Jennie was still like before, feeling defeated.

"I told you right during the incident. 'Push me away. Only then I will let you go.' That's the word my mum told me," He naturally explained, "That woman--- she told me to push her from the balcony. I did the same thing you did, I tried to stop her. That woman held my hand and said 
that, 'push me away and only then I will let you go.' That's why I pushed her."

The girl's eyes widened upon the last statement.

"You still have the chance. You told me I should be there when Hanbin wakes up right? You too, Jennie. That's where we should be at."