Limit

Between You and Him

 

 

 

11
Limit

 

 

"He was like that since his mum died. That's when he started to get hurt." 

Mr. Jung decided to have a coffee with Jennie in order to satisfactorily explain everything on Jaewon. He knows precisely 
that the girl still mad at him and it wasn't easy either to persuade Jennie. 

"At first, I thought it was just because he's 
too shock for everything happened. And then I thought it was a rebellion. As a result, no one can stop him now," The man heaved out a frustrated sigh, remembering with regret the past events happened because of Jaewon.

He looked nervously at Jennie and lips slightly curved upwards, "But at the very least, Hanbin did hold him. Jaewon gently loosens up a little bit when it comes to Hanbin."

Jennie gnawed with her lips, "I--I heard about his being sick. That's why I need to be nice to him---"

"It's right that he's sick. Though he looks strong at the outside, he's actually really fragile in the reality. He's a crybaby when he's young. I---actually hate him a lot."

The girl frowned severely upon his last statement.

"Uh---He would kill me if I ever tell anyone about this---" He gathered a deep breath before allegedly continuing with his words, "About his mother, I've always been anxious from the start because of her attitude. At the end... she took her life in front of her son."

Jennie went speechless.


"When the police arrived, she was already---" The man let out a sigh of pent-up frustration, "The impact was too huge and he's hurting a lot. He's hallucinating, keep hearing things and can't even eat well. He became terrified to talk with people. And the people in the house kept criticizing him for not doing anything when he comes from a rich family."

Mr. Jung stopped for a little while, taking a break as he took a sip of the hot chocolate he promptly ordered that already turned cold by now.

"I thought by time things will slowly get better and that's when Hanbin appeared in his life."


"He's a kid with a scar, so you need to be careful."

Hanbin frowned thoughtfully, "Why? Where did he hurt?" He innocently asked.

"His heart hurts because his mum passed away."

"Ah! I know that feeling! When my father died, my mother really hurt back then," The little Hanbin answered instantly.

The man 
flings openly the broad door, "You can be friends with him, right?

"Eung!" A pleasant smile formed on his lips, "I want to be his friend."

From their view, a boy was currently sitting at the edge of the bed with a blanket sheltered him as his eyes focused on the blank wall in front of him.

All of this news was too sudden for Jennie. She absolutely needs time to properly process all of it... 

Like... everything she invariably heard from the man in front of her wasn't like the things she had always imagine in her little mind.


"He totally makes a fool of everyone. But then, it was most probably he still couldn't get himself out from the aftereffects yet," The man drank his drink, "He couldn't trust anyone and couldn't be nice to the girl. No matter how many times I told him to not do that, he will never listen to it."

Jennie lowered down her head, biting her nails, "It will be good---if he ever tells me about it even a part of it---"

"He's just like his mother. Frustrating," His face turned dark, "But every time I said that I would end up getting beat."

He looked anxiously hesitate for a while as he stared right into Jennie's eyes, obviously he had something he desperately wanted to utter but... wasn't sure if it's right or not to ask her on it.

"Jennie-yah, you know what I worried about right? Jaewon... he can't stand it alone. We have to help him. At least... for the sake of Hanbin."

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

Jaewon could feel someone was staring fiercely at him, and that's when he shifted his direction towards the door. Jennie was standing straight in front of the door.

"Oh, you're here. I will go now," Jaewon politely excused himself since he knows Jennie never like him to be beside Hanbin, "Please stay with him until his mother come. I will come back later."

The boy picked up his bag laid on the floor and walked out of the room before Jennie halted him, "You really think of me as your friend?" Her sudden question startled Jaewon.

"Be honest with me," Jennie continued eagerly.

"Hanbin is listening to us. Let's talk about it later," Jaewon responded instantly as he vacates the room.

Jennie gritted her teeth, walking soberly towards the unconscious boy. Without her sufficiently realized, tears started to drop, running down her cheeks, "Ah--- I always become like this when I come here--- Sorry---" She wiped the tears.

Her eyes were smilingly shaking as she looked at Hanbin, "Hanbin-ah, what should I do? I don't know what to do---" She candidly confessed, "Please wake up and answer me. If you're listening to me, please tell me what I should do--- Eung?"

At this point, there's no point in wiping the tears as it kept streaming down her cheeks, slowly wetting the shirt she wore at the moment.

"No, actually---I already know what kind of answer you will give me. You will probably ask me to be nice to him and do not hate him too much. Right?" She bitterly smiled, "But I can't do that--- I know he had a lot of scars--- I know he's having it harder considering how he lives in the different world as us--- I will eventually understand it by time---"

She paused thoughtfully, slowly inclining down her head, started to sob, "I---always feel anxious. What if he hurts you--- What if he used you and hurt you as he did to others, that's what scared me the most and I know... I couldn't stand it if it ever happens. Especially if it involves you."

Jennie lost the strength in her legs as she slowly kneeled down, had her head buried on Hanbin's bed,  her hand on his, "I---I'm afraid that he will take you away from me."

Slowly... she fell asleep beside him.

Lights distracted her as she gradually elevated her head to see a boy was looking longingly at her with a smile on her face, "Han---"

"But we're friends. If it's not us, who will understand him," Hanbin eloquently stated, tenderly caressing the girl's hair with full of care, "Don't cry, Jennie Kim. You're strong, right?" 

Burning tears flowing out again from her eyes.

"It's a promise?"

A loud sound wakened her up from her deep sleep.  

Her eyes were 
uncontrollably shaking looking nervously at the monitor that slowly turned to no digit...

"Ha--Hanbin, no," She covered her mouth as she vainly tried to calm herself down, "W--Wait, Hanbin---No---" Jennie lost, she didn't know what to do.

There's no way... Hanbin would leave her hanging alone in this cruel world...

Please, don't...