Misunderstanding

Between You and Him

 

 

 

"Then?" Jaewon had his arms crossed looking at the annoying girl in front of him. A crooked smile plastered on his face, most likely showing how much he hates the situation. 

"What do you mean by then? I came here because you told me you had something to say."

"H--Hey, Mijoo, I already told you right." 

The girl neglected her friend's words as she glared ferociously at Jaewon, "Shouldn't you at least heard to what I want to say first? Jung Jaewon!" She furiously shouted.

Jaewon snorted indignantly, "She's the one that you tore before, right? You should've listened to people. Stop being annoying and just go. I'm also getting sick of your face."

"Yah! Jung Jaewon! Just said okay when I'm being nice!" The girl allegedly slammed the table with her hand.

In
 the end, her friends critically need to forcibly drag Mijoo away as the bell already rang, "Let's go. We need to go to class," She had her hands tightly wrapped around the girl's arms.

"I don't care what people are you saying, but you are mine, Jung Jaewon! Just watch out to those es!" The girl screamed shrilly, still didn't want to left the boy behind. 

While on the other side, Jaewon merely looked at her and waved triumphantly his hand, saying goodbye, "Bye, crazy girl."

 

 

______________________________________

 

 

06
Misunderstanding

 

 

 

"Did you hear about it? Lee Mijoo went crazy again."

"As expected, Crazy-Joo!"

"Because of her, there are some people already realized what kind of jerk Jaewon is."

"However it is, there's still one more strong candidate."

"Who?"

"Ah, that rude kid?"

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

"Jennie Kim!" Someone calling out for her name when she was too busy thinking of something. She's supposed to have lunch at the cafe but because of the incident happened earlier, Jennie decided to starve herself. 

"As expected you're here," Hayi gladly greeted her best friend. 

"Oh, Hayi." 

Hayi's slightly smiled when she noticed the expression Jennie had on her face, "You already heard about Mijoo, huh?  Evacuating yourself after lunch?" 

Jennie pouted her lips as she hugged her knees, "It's so annoying that I can't even eat anything," She scarcely claimed. 

Hayi slowly shook her head, "Why did you have it so hard?" She sighed. 

Jennie then suddenly went furious, "It's all because of Jung Jaewon," She squeezed the notebook she had on her hand, as she genuinely tried to diligently study on the upcoming they will have later, "Everyone misunderstood because he's pretending to be nice around me and kept ignoring the others." 

She 
levelled her eyes, "I wished he could suddenly disappear or anything. Or I could pay someone to torture him till he died." 

Hayi employed an awkward expression, "Calm down, Jennie. That's a crime," She uttered in a soft voice, "By the way, Jennie, is that rumors true?" 

Jennie naturally turned to look at Hayi, "What?" 

"Park--Chaeyoung--- she asked you to be in her study group team---"

"Oh," Jennie lowered her head, "I did accept the invitation."

"What?!" Hayi screamed a little bit over the official response, "You're really lucky! She's one of the top students in the school!" She credibly claimed. 

"Visual, pointer, talent, there's nothing lack in her. As expected, you're the best Jennie," Hayi undoubtedly continued, "Obviously, I will always praying for you to have a nice relationship with them---"

"That's because of Jung Jaewon too," Jennie promptly cut her words. 

The statement caused Hayi to frown, "Eung?"

"It's obvious, right. She only wants to get closer with Jaewon. Something like that?" Jennie answered instantly her mild curiosity. 

"Jaewon didn't talk to any of students in the school. He had no interest at all. If Mijoo didn't talk to him like that, he wouldn't even look at her. And you know right, how Hanbin is---" 

Hayi suddenly thought of something, "Since you're saying that, Jaewon had no friends other than the two of you."

"Can you exclude me?!" "It has been a year since we're in high school-- Was he likes that too in middle school?" 

Jennie shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know. We're in a different school."

"He was gloomy during kindergarten. Did he change when he's in middle school? What the hell exactly happened to that dude?" Hayi was reasonably questioning Jaewon's whole existence. 

And Jennie... most likely, she didn't care about it at all. 

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

"In middle school? He's just the same as now," Hanbin eloquently stated with his eyes locked on the game displayed on his phone screen, "He's quiet and rarely come to school?" 

Jennie, who was currently in her shift for part-time, instantly rolled her eyes upon the prior statement by Hanbin, "That's what you called quiet?" 

"You know it well too. Why bother asking?" Hanbin claimed. 

"Do you know that people said he's scary?"

"Really? Why?" His eyes properly focusing on the game, fingers busy tapping the screen, "Silently! Quietly! Carefully! He's being well," Hanbin declared positively. 

Jennie heaved out a sigh, "Yeah, that's right--- the loud one is you."

"Ah! Is it because of that!!" 

It startled Jennie when Hanbin suddenly shouted out loud. 

"Back then, when we're eating the hamburger, the girls were talking something," Hanbin let out a sigh of relief when he professionally managed to kill the character, "It's so obvious that they want to have Jaewon's number----"

", go away."

"He killed them in one shot. It's really a thumb up." 

Jennie furrowed her eyebrows, "That's what we called a jerk." 

Hanbin still tried to justify Jaewon, "When you play nice, you giggle and play with people as you feel. It's good, when you're being honest."

"What kind of honesty!" Jennie scoffed, "Personality! It's his personality. No matter how good you see Jaewon is, he's just a jerk. Everyone just being deceived by his outer appearance. Once his real side being known, everyone will eventually leave." She continued, 

"That's why he couldn't even date anyone properly. He only could get your attention---" 

Jennie merely shifted her head just to see Hanbin was currently an inch away from her, "What about you?" He asked with a sinister smile. 

"Wh--What? You're scaring me out!" 

Jennie, who was wiping the window next to the counter, promptly took a step backward to the closeness they had. 

"Try to think about it seriously," Hanbin prominently mentioned while his eyes straightly stared into Jennie's, "Don't you think you had interest in him? You know you're too sensitive about him, right?" 

Jennie wasn't sure whether her face is burning up because of the critical distance she had with Hanbin or because of the question urged. 

"I read a comic in my sister's room and the male lead said this, 'Get a right reaction of yours. I'm confused whether you like it or not...' And the girl replied---" 

Hanbin stunned as Jennie nudged the boy, "Ah---- Wa--
Wait, Jennie. I'm so so so so sorry!! It's a mistake! A mistake!" His fingers stuck on his lips. 

While Jennie kept defying the boy, "Jennie Kim! Hey there?! Can you hear me out?" 

At that words, Jennie was already disappeared behind the tall rack in the shop. 

"Oh, Hanbin? What are you doing here?" Suddenly a bunch of students comes into the shop. 

"Oh, you're a part-time worker here?" The other girl asked. 

Hanbin's face went pale, "Eh? No, it's not me--- That---" He hopelessly lost his words, "Ah--- Someone I know---"

Jennie stood behind the rack, hiding from the world.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

Phone ringing merrily, displaying Hanbin’s name but she had no apparent intention on picking it up. 

Jennie was possibly suffering... suffering from all of those things she wished would never happen from the start. 

Those memories scarcely couldn’t get out of her mind. 

Everything seems dark to Jennie. She’s unsure with her whole life. 


Her conscious mind wandered around to something happened weeks ago.

Jennie bumped into Jaewon when suddenly the boy set his hand on her shoulders and gently leaned into her before... he intentionally on her cheeks; more likely convincingly showing he kissed on her cheek but he didn't. 

The girl’s eyes widened as she quickly covered her cheeks using her tiny hand. 

"Wh--What the hell are you doing?”Jennie questioned. 

"I was curious on what kind of smell you had.” 

His direct answer flustered Jennie,“What? Are you crazy?”

"Not really. You're not really my taste," He declared those with a smirk. 

Jennie could feel someone was talking behind her, so she turned around and saw few girls were talking candidly; obviously while carefully looking at her. 

"Why are you being so annoying?" Jennie scolded the boy,“I really don’t want to involve with you. I really hate it,” The words came out 
stern

"It doesn’t matter if anyone misunderstood with our relationship. Both of you and I haven't had anyone to date, anyway.” 

Jaewon continued, “Ah, do you have someone that you like?”He elevated his eyebrows,“That’s why you're acting like this. Because you didn't want him to see us," He chuckled gleefully. 

"Then you should tell me,” He uttered those before walking away, intentionally leaving the girl behind.


A gentle knock on her room door wakes her up from the night-dream. 

"J
ennie-yah, are you sleeping?” The voice of a middle-aged woman could be undoubtedly heard from the outside. 

Jennie inclined the head she buried between her knees,“No, not yet. I'm still here,” She
 answered politely in a moderate voice, didn't want to wake up the siblings from the deep sleep. 

Jennie then had stood up and walked to the door before she unlocked it and could see her aunt had a plate of fruits in her hand. 

"It's hard to study right? Eat this and gain energy," She passed the plate to Jennie. 

"Ah--- Thank you. Will eat it well," She couldn't get any awkward than this. 

She was about to go inside her room when the woman propped her, "Ah--- Jennie, if your mum called you--- can you asked her when will she 
gave the life
expenses? Actually, there's a delay for Jaeho and Jaemin's fee---"

"Uh, I'm sorry. I will call her in the morning," She promptly answered. 

"Sure--- then sleep early." 

"Okay." 

Doors closed, she went cautiously to her table back, properly placing the slices of apple before she clutched her phone. 

She looked thoughtfully at the notification, and it flooded with messages and missed call from Hanbin. She heaved out a sigh as she clicked on the messages. 

"You're really trying so hard, huh?" She muttered alone as she read through the apology Hanbin did after what happened earlier at the shop. 

Honestly saying, she wasn't mad. Just maybe, it's a little bit too much surprise for her. 

Her eyes subsequently fell to the sleeping twins, "It's okay. Stay strong, Jennie Kim," She told herself.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

The next morning, she attended the school as usual and mutually decided to see Chaeyoung once again to report her decision. 

"I will join it," Jennie declared heartily, "But instead, I can only join during lunch or weekends." 

"You're attending tuition?" Chaeyoung persistently urged. 

"No--- Because I have my cousin---"

"Extra class? You must have a reason why you're having a good grade," The girl kept questioning and Jennie didn't bother to answer any of it. 

It wasn't any of their business anyway. 

"Whatever it is, tell me when you already confirm." 

She continued dodgedly, "I don't have anything going on with Jaewon. It's not me who closes with him, but Jun and it's just I already know him from---"

"It's okay, Jennie-yah. I don't have any interest in whom he's close to. I just need to be the closest to him," Chaeyoung casually answered with her arms crossed.


 "That's why, I'm counting on you, Jennie Kim."

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

The three had planned to go and watch for a movie on the weekend. But the movie almost started, and Jennie was nowhere to be seen. 

"What is wrong with you? You're late. The movie was about to---" Hanbin halted instantly his words when he noticed there was someone else beside Jennie who was walking leisurely towards them. 

Chaeyoung smiled, "Hi," She greeted the two boys happily. 

"Sorry," Jennie justly claimed with the phone still at her ears since Hanbin didn't stop calling for her. 

Hanbin gulped to see the unfamiliar girl there, "Park Chaeyoung?" He mumbled alone. 

"Hi, Jung Jaewon? It's nice to meet you," She cheekily smiled as she tucked her hair behind her ears. 

Jennie had her poker face on and so did Jaewon. 

Chaeyoung actually noted the expression on both of them but decided to stay quiet. 

While for Hanbin... he's still trying to typically process that one of the most popular girls in the school currently in front of him; joining them. 

"Oh, hi," Jaewon finally replied.