Anxiety

Between You and Him

 

 

 

"I was wrong. It's all my fault," Hanbin had kneeled down in front of his friends as he passionately declared those, "But. Just think of a way to punish me. This is all the beauty of a journey. Don't you agree?"

Hayi had her fist tightly clenched as she gritted her teeth, trying to forcibly suppress her anger but it wasn't easy at all, "Yah. How could you even get confused with the island's name?! Are you really stupid?!"

"It's okay, Hayi. It's my fault that I didn't check about it first," Jennie heaved out a sigh as she frustratedly massaged her dizzy head.

While on the other side, Seungyoon already becomes pale; he looks like he's going to faint anytime soon. He didn't know, the decision for him to follow the others here... would be the most fatal mistake he had ever done.

"The boat wouldn't even come here anymore!" Hayi shouted, "Why did you ever pick this place out of other places?!" She had lightly kicked Hanbin that's still kneeling down on the parched ground.

Jennie rolled sluggishly her eyes, "Just die after you eat."

 

 

______________________________________

 

 

05
Anxiety

 

At this point, they weren't sure whether they need to thank Jaewon for being extra friendly or blamed him that they need to walk for an hour to reach the place where they could stay. 

Well, Jaewon never really talk to anyone but he's extra friendly today that he made a conversation with a local resident here and apparently the old man lives alone, so he invited the guys to stay with him. 

They're grateful, yes they are. Not until they knew the house was actually cost an hour of walking from where they are. 

That's not all of it. 

Seungyoon and Hayi already lost themselves when they reached there while Jennie and Hanbin tried to tour around the house. 

And obviously, all the things they saw was totally far from their luxuriant imaginations. 

As soon as their eyes caught the big black pot strategically placed with few burnt blocks of wood underneath it, they know precisely they're done. 

Fortunately, the old man did have a portable gas for them to use. 

But... there's a thing they couldn't tolerate for being here. 

It has no internet connection. That's it. 

After all the hard work, Hanbin and Jaewon managed to cook a dish for them to eat while on the other side, Hayi and Jennie set up a place for them to take a shower. 

They're girls anyway. 

What about Seungyoon? He was apparently hiding somewhere in the house because he hates to be outdoor and also... he hates to be here in the first place. 

As soon as they had done with their lunch, both Hayi and Hanbin distracted the others' attention by begging towards them that they should go to the beach and have some fun there. 

"Since we're all done here, should we go?" Hayi awkwardly  her head. 

"I have done with my punishment, right?" Hanbin claimed with his glittering eyes locked on the other guys. 

Jennie let out a defeated sigh, "Let's go," She gave up. 

How could she ever stop Kim Hanbin, though?

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

"It's the beach!" Hanbin screamed as he ran towards the wide blue ocean in front of him and Hayi closely followed him from behind.

Jennie slowly jerked her head, "Be careful! There's no guarantee you will be safe there!" She shouted those statements out loud.

Jaewon had a mat in his hand, "Two bottles of beer, coming," He declared.

Seungyoon too had followed them except for the fact, he had a straw hat on top of his head and also a scarf wrapped around his head. Allergic to the sun, he told so.

"Should I apply suncream to you?" Jaewon teased the lone girl in front of him.

Jennie rolled her eyes as she glared at the boy, "Shut up, Jung Jaewon."

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

Only God knows how awkward it was for Seungyoon to be with Jaewon, only the two of them. But then, he tried to have a conversation with the cold boy. 

"Here--- it's really great. Ri---Right?" Seungyoon persistently sought the question to the boy who was lying down beside him. 

Instead of answering Seungyoon's question, Jaewon continued to ask, "Did you get permission from your parents to come here?"

"
Ye--Yeah? Of---Of course," Obviously, he startled by the sudden attack from Jaewon, "I told them I would update them every hour."

"Wow, as expected, the young master." 


He looked at the boy, "Uh---Jaewon-ah."

"Why?"

"About Chaeyoung--- Did you perhaps contact her?" 

Jaewon frowned thoughtfully his eyebrows, "Contact? Why? Did she die?" 

Seungyoon flustered by the sudden bold statement from Jaewon, "No! It---It's not like that! J---Just---."

"If she called you, tell her this. Park Chaeyoung, if you ever appear in front of my eyes, I will kill you." 

The boy halted instantly his movement, more likely he lost his breath at the same time. 


He knows that Jaewon was originally creep, but he didn't know Jaewon was this creepy. 

Jaewon let out a small chuckle as he noted the change in Seungyoon, "I'm kidding," He patted the boy's head in slow motion. 

"O--Okay." 

The two startled when someone with no shirt on appeared in front of them, "It's cold," Hanbin hugged himself as he justly complained. 

"He has been in 
water
 for how many hours," Hayi complained. 

Jennie, who was just done having her own moment, come and greets the boy, "
Yah, you fool, just go and wear your shirt."

The girl promptly declared when Hanbin suddenly pulled Seungyoon into a hug, in 
hope it could lessen the cold he felt at the moment, "Seungyoon, hug---me warmly." 

Suddenly a white shirt landed gently on his head, "Wear this." All of them startled to see Jaewon suddenly stood up, walking
shirtlessly
towards the beach. 

"What the heck, Jung Jaewon. Are you going for swimming?" Hanbin urged. Jaewon merely shrugged his shoulders, "Let's go together."

"You can't even stay in the water for that long," Jaewon dissed the boy as he kept walking, naturally heading towards the water. 

"Yah!" Jaewon ignored Hanbin, "Don't go alone!!" Hanbin intuitively grasped the boy's wrist, halting him from moving. 

Jaewon flustered by it but Hanbin quickly let his hand go, "Let's go," He told Jaewon with his arms tightly hugged himself. 

Jennie looked at the two of them with an unexplainable stare, "Ah, 
tha---that's right. It's dangerous to go into the sea alone," Hayi tried to reason with Jennie when she could read correctly her expression. 

On the other side, Hanbin was already far from Jaewon, ready to jump into the water for the second time. Jaewon then looked at Jennie and smiled wryly, "I will bring him back." 

Bet, only Jennie hates it... especially when those words come out from him.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

"It's because she's anxious," Hayi bluntly declared while they're busy collecting woods for them to use later at night. 

Seungyoon bobbed his head looking at the girl, "Just, you look like you're curious," She continued regardless. 

"Hanbin has always been that way. He loves to meddle with someone else's life but... Jaewon... is not sane though he looks like
he's fine." 

The boy furrowed his eyebrows, "Sa--Sane?" 

Hayi heaved out a silent sigh, "I heard it from someone else too. That boy... he tried to kill himself for few times."

"But do you know what will he said everytime he did that?" A slight smile could be seen on Hayi's face. 

"Sorry, it's an accident. I have bad luck; I guess."

"Since Hanbin remembered everything happened to his dad when he's a child. To see someone like that, he knows how the pain was, and he understood it more than the others. And every single time, he would answer..."

"Well, just let's go and eat." 

"And every single time too, I need to see Jennie in despair. She... she was hurting because of the special treatment Hanbin gave to the boy."

"I know... I understand too. But... today is my birthday. He told me we should go and see a movie together, and I was getting it ready since a month ago.... I know which one is more important. I know it. But this is too much. It's too unfair. I'm so mad. I'm so mad that I might go crazy." 

Hayi's peculiar expression radically changed 180 degrees every time she talked about Jennie. She didn't know why, but she just couldn't see the girl cried, suffering herself into misery just because she lacks the necessary attention from Hanbin. 

"I used to think that Jennie is too sensitive. But looking at how was it now, Jennie wasn't sensitive. I tried to not think about it but every time I looked at Jaewon, without I realized, I got a goosebump." 

Hayi continued, "I don't even know why I was feeling that." 

Finally, she felt like she had let go one of the burdens she had in herself, "Have you done with it?"

"A---Ah yes," Seungyoon awkwardly answered it as he cautiously lifted all of the woods he had gathered. 

Hayi nodded, "Then let's go back. I think it's more than enough," She rightfully claimed as she looked keenly at both block of woods in their hands. 

As they're walking, Seungyoon just need to find for a right time to talk on his topic. Because he didn't want to fluster the girl. 

"U---Uh, Hayi-yah. I got a call from Chaeyoung," Seungyoon candidly confessed. 


Hayi stopped instantly, subtly shifting her head and looked wonderingly at the boy, "Park Chaeyoung?"

"Yes--- I think she contacted me since she was curious about Jaewon. We weren't that close to call each other personally but since our father closed with each other... I heard about her for few times.... But..."

"Did you tell Jennie about it?" 

"N---No." 

Hayi then placed her hand on both of the boy's arms, looking straightly into his eyes, "Don't tell anything to Jennie. I'm begging you. Don't talk to her about it."

"Wh---What?" 

It actually scared Seungyoon a little bit. To see the girl being so over protective out of sudden. 

"B---But." 

"It's because of her," Hayi cut the boy's word, "The reason why Jennie and Jaewon totally become apart." 

"The reason behind why Jennie still sometimes in a daze at school too! It was all started from that , Park Chaeyoung!!"

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

"Oh, it's a book about constellations! Didn't you take art? Jennie Kim?"

The voice managed to startle Jennie who was currently focusing on the book in front of her. 

Since she waited for a long time to get her hand on the book, obviously she would naturally want to typically spend her free time reading the book. 

Instead of... talking to the girl in front of her. 

"Can I sit here? I have something I want to tell you?" 

Jennie cluelessly twinkled her eyes for few times, "To me?" 

"Yes. It wasn't that much but this time, we're going to a study group between us. Do you want to join us? To be honest, from the start, I wanted to get close with you," The girl generously offered her. 

"It's okay, you don't have to feel burden," She continued when she undoubtedly noticed Jennie had been looking at her with a clueless expression, "First of all, you have a good grade. And the other kids will surely say okay to me." 

Jennie frowned, "I--I'm sorry but... do you know me?" She ultimately asked that question has been lingering in her mind for a while. 

The girl smiled, "Of course. Don't you know? You're popular in our school, Jennie Kim," Jennie furrowed her eyebrows, "You're Jaewon's friend. Right?" 

The girl had her hand supported her head while looking thoughtfully at the girl with a whimsical smile plastered on her face.