Wound

Between You and Him

 

 

 

 

"Uh? What are you doing there?" The man with the white coat greeted his worker who was currently standing in front of the toilet. 

The man bowed politely a little bit to his superior, "I think the door is being locked. It won't open."

The doctor frowned thoughtfully, "There's no way for it to happen since the door doesn't have a lock---"

Suddenly the door opened, merely revealing a tall boy behind it. He walked impatiently through the two men, blatantly ignoring them at once.

"What is wrong with him---"

The man with the white coat instantly recognized him at one glance, "Ah--- He's VIP room's celebrity."

"Celebrity?" The nurse furrowed his eyebrows.

The doctor shrugged, "The nurses were all excited calling him as the visual among the caregivers," He paused thoughtfully, grasping something, "But why he didn't just use the toilet in VIP room---"

"Ah, I got it! The patient that was in a coma! Right?" The doctor nodded, "But you told me he's the caregiver? I thought he is a high school student."

"Yes. The boy got into an accident when they're on a vacation. He questioned what sin he did that his friend out of sudden hurt."

The nurse gently scratched his face, "Is it because he feels guilty?"

"Well, if that's true, it should be gone by now," He crossed his arms, "Just by looking it, it's not in a good condition."

The man hummed, "That's obvious. The patient has been laying down on the bed for 3 months as of now."

 

 

______________________________________

 

 

10
Wound

 

 

Jaewon went back to Hanbin's room, opened the door just to see his mother was already there, looking out for Hanbin. 

The cheerful smile the woman had on her face, Jaewon never thought he would envy it that much. 

Love? Something she would never feel. 

As he turned around, he bumped into a nurse that was in-charge for Hanbin, "The patient's liver's numerical figure has raised a little bit. The doctor will check on him later."

"Thank you." 

The woman replied with a kindly smile, "Then since his mum is here, you should rest. You're always here that you didn't get enough sleep."

Jaewon nodded his head, politely excused himself before Hanbin's mother calling out for him.

"Jaewon-ah, I dreamt of Hanbin!" She happily declared.

The boy smiled tenderly, "Why did you come so early?"

"Hanbin made a request in my dream. He told me to go here faster since he's worried over you," The woman reasonably claimed, "I brought foods since I want to eat breakfast with him. But I can't really cook. The one who is good at cooking is Hanbin, what if it doesn't taste good."

Jaewon stealthily approached the woman as he looked earnestly at her with a radiant smile, "Ay, I heard that he learned it from you."

"Really? Hehe."

Suddenly, the pleasant smile instantly disappeared from her face as she carefully observed Jaewon, "Jaewon-ie, you're getting skinny--- This is what our Hanbin worried about," She placed her warm hand on the boy's cheeks, "I should scold you---"

"Ah---" He realized keenly of something, "I think you didn't know about it. This is all because of Hanbin. If it wasn't for Hanbin's fried egg, I couldn't really eat well," Jaewon undoubtedly continued, "I really like it."

The boy noticed it was in the lunch box the woman is holding, "And it's here. I will eat it well," He took it from Hanbin's mother.

"Eung," She bobbed gently.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

"That's what Hanbin gave you right?" Hayi said as she saw Jennie was holding onto a keychain gave by Hanbin before the tragedy happened.

Jennie subtly shifted her head, looking at Hayi with an unexplainable expression.

"I thought it will only shine either when you're in the dark or at night, but it still shines in the morning, huh?" She furrowed her eyebrows. 

Jennie vaguely smiled, "That is because the inside of it is sparkling---"

"Really?" Hayi comes closer, "It must be expensive!!

The girl quickly shook her head, "N--No---"

"Uh? But it's already broken."

Jennie's expression becomes dark, "It might fall when the accident happened."

"Ah--- Oh--- But Jennie, have you been taking the treatment?"

"You do know I don't need any of it," Jennie silently replied. 

Hayi clamped her lower lips, "But---"

"I'm sorry, Hayi. Mr. Jung told me we should go to the hospital together, so I need to go now."

Suddenly, someone appeared prominently from Hayi's behind, "Jennie--- You seems like you don't have any energy---"

"Akk! You startled me!" Hayi surprised for Seungyoon sudden appearance, "Will you ever being happy if it happens to you," She grabbed Seungyoon's collar.

"S---Sorry," He humbly apologized, "But about Jennie. She still couldn't remember what happened on the incident day?"

Hayi jerked her head, "Eung. She was really shocked. She couldn't even take treatment properly---" She declared, "But if it's me, I don't want to remember about it too---"

"It's true that everything happened because she fought with Jaewon. I heard that they fought in the middle of the road. Though I didn't see it, it's obvious. As usual, he must be getting Jennie's nerves up. As much as she holds it, she would eventually burst."

Seungyoon hummed to Hayi's lengthy statement, "But there's something that has been disturbing me."

"What?"

"When Jennie told she couldn't remember anything happened on the incident day, Jaewon told me something," Seungyoon eloquently stated.

"You're running again, Jennie Kim. Right, I've always been the problem. Everything is because of me; everything is my fault---"

Jaewon paused thoughtfully.

"But she's saying the truth--- If it's not because of me, none of these would happen."


Hayi furrowed her eyebrows, "H---He said that?"

Seungyoon nodded approvingly.

"I don't think it really is--- Why am I getting anxious---" Hayi promptly declared.

The boy voiced a thought on something, "But you told me before right Hayi. Jaewon is not in his right mind. I thought everyone knew the reason why. I know he was concerned on Hanbin because he's sick but Jennie--- he almost didn't care about her---"

"Why do I think they're trying to avoid each other--- However, though the three were always together--- I think we had no difference in knowing them. If it's me, they will be the first person I would ask for--- Why you're having a hard time--- Why you didn't tell me about it---"

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

"I don't' want to know about it," Jennie crossed her arms.

The man flustered, "Je--Jennie-yah but---"

"I hate it. If you want to talk about him, I don't want to hear it," She sternly declared.

He nodded solemnly, "Right--- I understand you really well, Jennie-yah. But, you couldn't live forever without seeing his face."

"I don't want to even see his face!" Jennie shouted hysterically, startling the people around them, "Stop it, teacher! For me, he was already dead!"

The man fails to keep his words, practically giving up. The two walked leisurely towards the elevator together while Jaewon's uncle was busy thinking of effective strategy he should have done to lure Jennie.

"Then, can't you do it for the sake of Hanbin?"

Jennie heaved convulsively out a profound sigh, allegedly passing a baleful glare to the man.

"Yah--Yah-- Don't look at me with that scary expression---" He complained bitterly, "Just think about it. If you do wrong to Jaewon, how are you going to face Hanbin later--- Right?"

The girl snorted indignantly, "Do wrong---What?"

"I--" He stuttered, "Now, I couldn't mess with him--- He would never listen to my words and if I ever said anything, he would kill me--- So, Jennie-yah, just help me this one time. Please, 
eung?"

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

Bloods dripping down from his arms as he watched over Hanbin. He looked at his wrist, and it turns out, the cut he had done just now at the toilet, bleed again.

"I need to go to the toilet for a while," Jaewon politely excused himself.

The woman looked fondly at him with a gentle smile, "Eung! Take care, Jaewon-ah."