Vacation

Between You and Him

 

 

 

How can you be so desperate in your life?

Till the point, the moment seems to have stopped.

The feeling of the world has collapsed.

A thing that should have never happened.

The last time you saw me, 

you were gone.

 

 

"Hanbin-ah... Yah... Hanbin-ah, where are you?"

 

 

______________________________________

 

 

01
Vacation

 

 

"Ah, I can't see anything," Jennie complained when all she could see through the telescope would be a bunch clouds splattered all over the sky, "Is it in the wrong position?" She heaved out a sigh as she gave up.

 

Hanbin, who was currently busy completing his works, took a glance at the girl with her pouted lips, "It might due to the fog today. I could see it just now," He simply mentioned the reason before continued completing the work he had in front of him.

 

He desperately needs to get it done by today as the due date is tomorrow. 

 

Jennie kept glancing inside the telescope, "And the telescope is old too."

 

"Well, couldn't deny that." 

 

The latter sighed, "I want to see a full moon after a long time though," A disappointed expression could be seen on Jennie's face, "Then, I'll get going." 

 

She was about to escape the room when Hanbin held her wrist, halting the girl, "You're going?" He raised both of his eyebrows, "Aren't you here to go eat together with me?"  

 

"Oh, you look busy," Jennie naturally responded.

 

Hanbin suddenly fastened his writing pace, "I practically had done with it. Mr. Jung requested me to check the Science assignment the junior had last week."

 

The girl frowned, "Why you have to do that?" 

 

"Oh, Mr, Jung needs to go back early today as he needs to attend a death anniversary," Hanbin replied to her question.

 

Jennie's eyes fell on the boy beside her, "Death anniversary? Then that's mean today---." 

 

"Yes, it's Jaewon's mum's death anniversary."

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

His phone has been ringing for the past 10 minutes. He absolutely had no intention to reveal his close eyes and returned the call. Can whoever contact him at the moment, leave him alone? He merely needs a day to be alone without any disturbance.

 

When there's no sign, the phone would stop ringing anytime soon; Jaewon reached the phone he put not too far from him on the bed, bearing it to his ears, "Hello?" 

 

"You brat, where are you?! Why haven't you come yet?!"

 

He let out an audible sigh, "Why?" His eyes still closed, in hope it's all just a dream. 

 

"Why do you think I call you? It's your mum's death anniversary today! Come here now!"

 

His uncle was currently shouting at him right in his ears. Jaewon put some distance between his ears and the phone, "Why do I need to bow my head down at her funeral?" 

 

"Yah, you, crazy. What the hell is wrong with you?"

 

Jaewon started to get annoyed with the caller. Really, he hates to be in this situation right now. He was never that type to listen to someone whenever they forced him to do something. The more they forced him, the more he didn't want to do it. 

 

He scoffed, "You're so loud." 

 

"You, seriously---."

 

The man couldn't even complete his words when Jaewon already throws the phone on the bed away from him. He looked at the white ceiling ahead of him as he put his left hand on his forehead. Why the hell he needs to be in this kind of situation? 

 

Just... leave him alone for a day.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

Jennie and Hanbin walked together after they had purchased some foods from the cafe. Surprisingly, some students were still there, presumably had extra classes tonight. Jennie had bought a cookie while Hanbin, as usual, bought his favourite strawberry milk. 

 

"He acts like he got all the bad luck," She uttered as she opened the cookies pack in her hand, "He did as he pleased. He didn't listen to other people. Ugh, it's so frustrating." 

 

Hanbin bobbed his head towards the girl beside her, "What? He wasn't like that. He listened to people well," The boy just had to deny her words.

 

The latter rolled her eyes, wasn't impressed when those statements came out from Hanbin's lips, "For you, it has always been right when it comes to Jaewon. You were always prepared to set your two hands together to help him. Do you even know our classmates call you as Jaewon's mother?"

 

Instead of taking it as a joke, Hanbin had a thoughtful expression on his face while inhaling the drink, "Should I ask Jaewon to call me as his mum when we meet? It sounds cute." He claimed. 

 

She passed a glare to the boy, "What do you mean by cute? It's disgusting," Jennie tried to hold her anger back, "You're extremely nice to him, that's why he's like that," She continued, "It annoyed me how he consistently takes things easy." 

 

"Yah, Jennie Kim," Hanbin sounded serious, "Don't swear at him. We've known each other for years. He's our friend, right? So, we should be more understandingㅡ"

 

Hanbin couldn't even continue his words when suddenly someone struck him from behind.

 

"You bastard! What are you doing here?" The girl hit his head quite hard, "I told you we have a meeting today! Why didn't you pick up your phone?!" She raised her voice up, capturing the whole attention of the students around there.

 

The boy flustered when he perceived that, "Ah. I----I'm sorry. I forgot about it." He apologized, but he knows it wasn't easy for the petite girl to forgive him.

 

The girl scoffed, "You can always forget about something else. Do you really want to die in my hand, Kim Hanbin?" 

 

"Hanbin was doing the work for Mr. Jung," Jennie answered in Hanbin's behalf who was currently getting beat by the girl. She had consistently been wondering how the small girl could always have Hanbin in her grip.

 

As Mr. Jung's name being mentioned, it triggered the girl even more, "What?!" She pitched up, "Are you getting used by Jaewon again?"

 

"Ah, Hanbin! You're here, huh?" A familiar boy  disrupted their conversation, "Our classroom teacher asked why you didn't come to extra class and didn't submit the homework."  

 

Hanbin still in the girl's grip, it doesn't look like it's going to end anytime soon, "Oh, you're caught again? Hanbin can you stop making problems?!"

 

"Ah, I forgot to bring mineㅡ" He said in the interval of being smack by the girl.

 

The other boy heaved out a sigh, "I walked here to find for you. Turn out you didn't bring it."

 

"Kang Seungyoon, you worked so hard," Jennie offered an encouragement towards the taller boy as she slowly tapped the boy's shoulders.

 

Seungyoon found it almost impossible for the girl to stop hitting Hanbin if he didn't do anything now. He placed his arms around the girl, towing her away from Hanbin, "Yah, Lee Hayi. S--Stop, you're hurting Hanbin." He advised her with his arms locked around her petite body.

 

"Ah, I forgot to bring Jaewon's homework as well!" The only thing could across Hanbin's mind at the moment. Instead of running away from Hayi, his mind couldn't stop thinking about Jaewon.

 

Jennie looked at her three friends as she heaved out a really profound sigh. How could she ever befriend them?

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

Jaewon was still in the previous state, laying on the bed with his eyes closed. He fervently hopes he could continue with taking his nap, but he couldn't help but think about what his uncle said just now. 

 

As he almost drifts into a sleep, his phone rang again and irritated him even more. It kept ringing and ringing till he had no other choice but to answer the phone. 

 

He placed the phone on his ears, "I told you I don't want to go there. Why do you keep bothering meㅡ"

 

"What do you mean by you didn't want to go? You're still in your room, isn't it?" 

 

Jaewon most likely startled by the voice he perceived on the other side of the phone. 

 

He sighed, placing his hand on his forehead, taking his time to continue with his words, "Why did you call me?"

 

"Look at the way you're talkingㅡ Just come home after the ceremony." 

 

However, it doesn't make Jaewon feel happy with the order from the man. 

 

"What would your answer be?" 

 

He sought the boy when he didn't express anything for a few seconds. 

 

Jaewon narrowed his eyes, trying to hold himself from being rude to the older man, "Yes, dad," He gave up in disobeying other people's words.

 

He sat passively on the bed, concealing his dejected face behind his big palms, "Ugh, it's so annoying," Jaewon complained.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

Hanbin, Jennie, Seungyoon and Hayi were busy meticulously arranging the files in its respective places when one of them suddenly made a remarkable statement, "Let's go for a vacation," He looked at the three of his friends in eager expectation. 

 

Hayi scoffed as she placed the file in the cabinet, "He's at it again," She complained. 

 

"Vacation? We had merely done with a retreat not too long ago," Seungyoon awkwardly laughed to Hanbin's words. It hasn't been a long time since they went for a vacation and now he wants to go for another one. 

 

Sigh. He didn't really like being outside of the house, though. 

 

Hanbin looked at both Seungyoon and Hayi, "I mean a vacation between us. We haven't gone anywhere far yet."

 

"Why even botherㅡ" 

 

Hanbin cut Hayi's words, "Let's go. I will find for the place and also plan the activities. Just let's go, eung? Together with Jaewon too," He tried to gently persuade his friends

 

Seungyoon frowned, "Including Jaewon?" 

 

"Of course! We should go together!" Hanbin excitedly answered. 

 

Hayi triggered by the name Jaewon, "Wellㅡ I don't really mind on goingㅡ" Her face blushed. 

 

Seungyoon marked her words and suddenly altered his mind about not going, "I---I would like to go toㅡ" 

 

All of their attention suddenly went to Jennie who was playing with the files stacked on the cabinet, sternly refusing to submit any of official response to Hanbin's invitation. 

 

One minute then two minutes, she still stayed silent with her eyes stared on somewhere else. Hanbin runs out of his patience when the girl kept scorning him and allegedly passed a keen gaze towards the girl as his ears reddened due to anger he held in himself. 

 

Jennie, who noticed that let out a defeated sigh, "I will go! It will be alright if I'm going, right! In the end, you're gonna do whatever you want!" She shouted frantically those words right in his face.

 

"Heuk, easy girl," Hayi jerked her head looking at how easy Jennie changed her mind. She thought Jennie really disliked Jaewon then there will be no way for her to accept Hanbin's suggestion. 

 

Jennie clenched her fist, "Shut up!!!" 

 

Hanbin took out his phone and started to type something, "I need to tell Jaewon." 

 

"Do you really need to report it right away?" Jennie complained bitterly, feeling unhappy to see the delight expression on Hanbin's face. Because she knows, he did all of it because of Jaewon. 

 

"Since we didn't know when will he replied to it. I should inform him right away," Hanbin claimed. 

 

Jennie rolled her eyes, "How many times should I tell you that's, in fact, a habit?!" She scolded the boy. 

 

Hanbin blatantly ignored Jennie's words. "The date is the day our school break start!" 

 

"Can you at least listen to me?!" She frustratedly declared those. While both Seungyoon and Hayi looked at the quarreling couple with an uninterested expression as they have constantly witnessed it. 

 

Almost every day. There will be none of the days, Hanbin and Jennie would let their days go by just like that. 

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

After they had done with their work, finally it's time to go home. The four of them heading towards a separate direction as they reached the front gate. Hanbin will typically go with Jennie while Seungyoon with Hayi. 

 

Fortunately, they live relatively near to each other so none of them needs to walk alone everytime they wanted to go home. 

 

"See you tomorrow!" Hanbin waved his eager hand high up in the mild air as he looked smilingly at his friends who were walking away from him. 

 

Seungyoon marked that and did the same gestures, "Get home safe, Hanbin-ah, Jennie-yah!"

 

Hanbin kept glancing at his phone when Jaewon hasn't replied to his messages yet, "Ugh, this brat. He hasn't even checked the messages yet," He complained. 

 

"Let him be. He probably didn't want to go," Jennie sighed when it has eternally been Jaewon for the whole day, "By the way, why did you suddenly want to go for a vacation?" She curiously asked because she believes Hanbin wouldn't make such decision without a valid reason. 

 

The latter was in the vicinity of answering when suddenly a message appeared on the screen. His lips automatically curved upwards and Jennie immediately knows who is the sender, "Oh, he answered. Jaewon will go. Yeay!"

 

"You're excited," Jennie bitterly let her lips curved slightly upwards. 

 

Hanbin instantly flashed a dazzling smile to the girl beside him, "Of course! It's a vacation~!" He claimed, "Look at this. He listened to words well, right? He's cute, so cute. Oh yes, Jaewon couldn't eat meat; I need to find other food. If he's okay with fish, should we go for a fishing?" 

 

Jennie looked solemnly at the lively boy who faithfully kept his exciting face, talking merrily on how the vacation should go. Hanbin... has persistently been happy whenever he talked about Jaewon. 

 

"He looked like oldies, so he suits well with fishing. Will, he enjoys things like sweet potato or mushroom?" 

 

His glittering eyes sparkling whenever he talked about Jaewon. The radiant smile wouldn't disappear from his face, and it merely hurts Jennie when she noted it. 

 

As if... she didn't exist in Hanbin's world anymore. 

 

Just... stop... Stop talking about him now... Till when you're going to care about him. 

 

"Ah, then." 

I hate it. The thought of going for a vacation with himㅡ

 

"You could see stars there," Jennie elevated her head up upon her favourite words being mentioned, "You love stars, aren't you? I actually determined the place beforehand. You could probably see the milky way and shooting stars if you're lucky. You're anticipating for it, right?" Hanbin proudly claimed. 

 

The boy took out something from his pants pocket and displayed it to the girl, "Here. It's a present for you," A keychain with a ball of the cinematic universe and three stars beneath it was given to Jennie. 

 

Jennie looked at it with a quizzical expression as if she's asking for what it is about, "It's luminous so it will be sparkling like stars at the night. Pretty, right?" Hanbin passed the keychain to her as he placed it on her small palm. Jennie's eyes diverted towards it and attentively stared on it. 

 

It's... really beautiful... 

 

 

-----

It will contain flashback and present back and forth-- ehek
Anyways, I hope I didn't mess with the first chapter :-)