Memory

Between You and Him

 

 

 

All my memories seemed to have been shattered.

The things happened on the island

The fought we had when we're on our way home...

Everything was all messed up by the accident.

Why did the accident happen? 

Was it because of the fight I had with Jaewon? 

Then... why are we fighting? 

Why did I get mad... 

What did I hear and what did I say? 

I don't know. I'm not sure of it. 

As I thought about the things I remember and the things I tried to remember... 

In the end, I just closed my eyes. 

I hate it. No, don't come back to me. I don't want to remember it. 

Jennie had both of her hands tightly squeezed her head as tears running down her cheeks. 

Please don't come back to me. 

The vision she had in front of her eyes scared her. A lot. 

"Get ready with the defibrillator!!" One of the nurses there shouted. 

"Since when he's like this? Have you called the doctor in charge?" A doctor who coincidentally being near Hanbin's room helped in doing CPR, "Get an operation room ready!" He told the nurse as his hand still busy pumping the boy's chest. 

Jennie on the other side still there, watching her biggest nightmare becomes a reality. 

"Let's change spot!" The doctor declared. 

"He will be here in 5 minutes," The nurse notified him. 

The man clamped his lips, "Let's just start it now!" 

Please... 

I want to escape this nightmare...

 

 

______________________________________

 

 

12
Memory

 

The boy's phone kept ringing non-stop, disturbing his rest. Jaewon startled to see Jennie's name appeared on the screen and responded it right away.

The moment he invariably heard the sound of someone crying from the other side, he stunned, "What's wrong, Jennie Kim?"

Jennie on the other side was currently sitting on the stairs, alone, in the dark. 

"Where are you now? Why--- you aren't coming?" She naturally started to talk, "Why do you have to let me--- go through all of these alone?"

She gnawed her lips, "No matter how much you hate me-- This ain't it. It shouldn't be like this!" Her voice came out louder than before, "Come here and see it by yourself! You have to see it, Jung Jaewon."

"Do you even know what we had done? Hanbin is really in danger--- Now... I don't even know how he will turn out--- It's all because of you. Hanbin... Me... All--- You ruined it. Are you now satisfied?" She continued eagerly, "Come here as fast as you can! Just come here and looked at what you have done!!"

Jaewon, who had his wrist wrapped with bandage due to the cut he made a few days ago, slowly brought his phone down, staring at the blank wall.

Fortunately, his uncle was with him at that moment and saw the drastic changes in him right away, "
Yah, what's happening?" He concernedly asked.

The boy's eyes diverted to the man before he rushed over and threw a punch towards the mirror behind him. 

His uncle flustered to see a shattered mirror, "U--Uh," Before he could even calm down, Jaewon suddenly ran towards the mirror once again and wanted to do more, "Yah! No!" 

The man had held onto Jaewon before he could go anywhere further, "Don't do it, Jaewon-ah! Yah, you brat!! You can't do it!" He was struggling vainly to merely stop the boy, "There's no one there!"

Jaewon at the end scarcely managed to acquire some of the shattered pieces of the mirror causing his hand to bleed, "
Yah, Jung Jaewon!"

Everyone might not see it... but in Jaewon's eyes. The woman... always there... with him...

That woman, who left her behind without any guilt... The woman who ruined his whole life...

Yet, she has dared to smile every time she looked at him.

Jaewon ended up falling to the ground, hating his miserable existence in this world.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

Jennie still sits at the same spot, allegedly buried her head in her knees as she has a thought on everything happened.

How did she get this far? 

She didn't want to think about, but it keeps coming to her.

If only they didn't fight that day...

If only she had ignored all of the words uttered by the boy...

All of these wouldn't happen.

Why...

What made her so angry?

"You and Hanbin could never happen, Jennie Kim. Do you need me to tell you why?"

Her eyes widened as she managed to recall something.

Right, he was mad at her... After he gets mad at her...

"Excuse me, there?"

Jennie startled when someone called for her.

The woman in front of her heaved out a relieved sigh, "I search for you everywhere. I know it is scary and hard at the moment but can you help us?" She had urged with a concern expression, "The patient's mother doesn't look so good now. Can you stay beside her and calm her down? Please?"

The girl stood up from where she sits uncomfortably, started to walk to where Hanbin's mother should be at the moment. From
a far, she could see a few nurses frantically trying to soothe the woman down.

"I should've looked after him---" She kept sobbing uncontrollably as she bit her fingers.

"Everything will be okay, ma'am. Hanbin, he is a strong boy," One of the nurses positively assured her.

"Since he went for an operation, just wait for a little while," Another one eloquently stated, "Your hand is bleeding--- What to do---"

Suddenly she stood up, startling the two nurses, "Where is Hanbin? I need to see him."

"Aigoo--- Wait for a while---" The nurse already lost her sanity. She didn't know how to properly handle the woman in front of her.

"We need to wait for him here, Mrs. Kim," Jennie softly informed her as she held onto the woman's arms.

The woman had her eyes solemnly shaking as she justly regarded the girl, "Jennie-yah."

"We can't go inside since he's undergoing an operation," She adequately explained.

"But, Jennie-yah---"

Jennie tightly clenched onto Hanbin's mother's hand, "It's okay. Everything will be okay."

"B---But," Tears couldn't stop running aimlessly down her cheeks, "Ah!" She exclaimed eagerly as she reminded of something, "Did Jaewon tell you?"

"Y--Yes?" That's the most Jennie could expect, though... Jaewon's name being prominently mentioned in their conversation.

"Back then because of Jaewon told me everything going to be okay--- Hanbin managed to survive. If Jaewon tells me those again--- it will be okay again. Right, Jennie?"

Jennie flustered as she gulped, sufficiently clearing her throat, "Ah--- T---that---"

"Oh my God! What in the world!" A commotion could be heard right behind of them, "What happened to you? Did you get hurt?"

The two of them turned around and could note a familiar figure with drops of blood dripping down his face.

Jennie's eyes inevitably met Jaewon's. 

"Let me look at you---" 

Jaewon nudged the nurse who was trying to help her and continued regardless of approaching the girl not too far from him.

"I will bring him here no matter how much it costs," The boy solemnly declared his resolution.

Jennie stood up, trying to help Jaewon but his words propped her.

"You're right, Jennie Kim," Bead of tears escaped his eyes with difficulty, "Right--- Her words were right."