Conversation

Between You and Him

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm looking for someone."

Jennie desperately urged on the local residents around.

"He is tall with bright hair colour and has big eyes. Ah! He has a bandage on since he hurt his hand. Then, I think his injury---"

The girl kept gently explaining the features of Jaewon towards the woman at the counter where they buy tickets to ride the ferry.

"Uh, rather than that, don't you have any pictures of him?"

Jennie startled, "Ah, pictures?" She took out her phone, started to scroll her gallery in instant, "Right--- Got it."

She then showed the pictures towards the woman, "Here. Here, he is. It's him."

 

 

 

______________________________________

 

 

14
Conversation

 

 

When Jennie heard from his teacher that Jaewon went missing, the only place she could typically think of is presumably the previous island they went together for a short break. 

Well, she wasn't sure about it but... that's all she could guess at the moment.

"I need to ride it right away. The next ferry only will be available next morning," She justly notified the caller, "Yes, I saw someone else. They're going to the island---"

Suddenly the man in front of her turned around, flustered Jennie.

"Will you be okay going there alone?"

Jennie carefully tucked her hair behind her ears, "Uh, I can't do anything--- I will send the address by text, Mr. Jung."

"Okay, I will go there right away! No matter what it takes."

"Yes--- I will go first," Jennie replied before she invariably ended the call.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

Jennie took a seat on the chair near the window as she had her phone in her hand. Her fingers busy scrolling the screen, looking thoughtfully at the photos they took during the vacation.

I couldn't remember when all of the pictures taken...

Even if I did... I wouldn't have any guts to tell anyone...

It seems like he runs away, right?

Ugh, I wasn't in my right mind either.

Stop. Stop it.

If you have time to realize your mistake, this is the only chance for your mistake...


Jennie lifted up her head, to see someone was looking at her with a grin plastered on their face.

She frowned, "What the heck! I'm the one who's crazy. That I come to here," She muttered alone as she walked to the outside of the ferry.

As she headed there, her memories proactively managed to fondly recall something. The scene where Jaewon laid her arms around her shoulders when she's being disturbed by the unknown boys.

And then the memories on how excited Hanbin was the moment he rode the ferry till they reached the island.

Hanbin convincingly showed the fish he,
fortunately, caught using his bare hand towards her and how it disgusted the girl so much when he kept rightfully claiming that it's cute.

Her legs propped right away at the front of the door with her hand tightly clenched the phone...

What if... What if, again...

Ah... No. There's nothing like that!

Why do I keep having stupid thoughts---


The sound of lightning startled the girl. She looked at the dark sky, possibly to rain anytime from now.

Clouds... Yes. That day too, clouds were gloomy.

I was waiting until late at night because I want to see the stars.

The skies were full of clouds...

I remembered it...

I thought it was going to rain anytime soon...

Right... I remember it...

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

"There are too many clouds for the stars to even show itself," Jennie complained bitterly to see the weather ain't helping her at all.

Hayi merely crossed her arms, "This--- rather than worrying about the stars, you should be worried whether we could ride the boat tomorrow or not..." She looked at the sky, "It wouldn't b
e a monsoon cloud, right?"

"No way," Jennie replied grimly it

It's only their first night, and all of these happened. Well, the main problem here would be Hanbin who brings them to the wrong island.

The small girl started to clench her fist, gritted her teeth as she inevitably turned to pass a harsh glare towards the boy behind her, "Fuc--- Hanbin, you've been talking about foods for the whole week---" She declared, "It must be convenient!"

"Eung? Obesity?" Hanbin woke up from his nap when someone called out for his name, "Right. Hayi gains weight," Everyone knows he was 
mumbling incoherently nonsense.

"What the hell are you talking about!!!" Hayi ended up giving a flying kick right into his face, defeated Hanbin at once.

The other two who was enjoying the scene, startled by it.

"Ey, I have lost all of my energy. Let's go inside," She allegedly grabbed Hanbin's shirt and forcibly dragged the boy into the room, "Did I eat a lot, my stomach hurt," Hayi rubbed her stomach.

Jennie looked at her friends before she noticed there's something weird going on. One of them is missing from the site.

She turned around to see Jaewon was walking away from the house, into the forest.

The girl looked back and forth, ruefully contemplating whether she should follow the boy or blatantly ignored him but at the end, her curiosity top everything, "Hey, where are you going?" Jennie followed Jaewon from behind.

What the hell he is up to.

I can't even overlook him and act like I know nothing.

Why did I follow him like a fool, though?

What are you expecting from him? Stupid! Idiot!

This ain't it. Let's just go--- back---

She canceled her plan right away when she saw the dark road awaits for her.

Ah... What should I do...

Suddenly, tears pouring down, wetting her shirt and the two of them end up stuck under one roof to prevent themselves from getting soak in the rain.

The sound of loud lightning startled Jennie as she closed her both ears using her hand with her eyes tightly closed.

Jaewon, who merely noticed that, frowned severely his brows before he urged something, "Are you scared?" The question flustered Jennie, "Should I hug you?"

"Don't you dare to talk nonsense," She glared at the boy, "I don't even want to talk to you, so stay quiet."

The boy hummed, "I thought you 
wasn't coming--- You said you didn't want to see my face after I broke up with Chaeyoung? Bet, Hanbin used his head a lot."

"Don't talk about Hanbin too!"

"Why--- you didn't back off though you hate it so much. Did you really hate it? I have those kinds of thoughts sometimes."

Jennie furrowed her eyebrows, "Wh--What?"

"I don't think so. If we're fighting, what's the reason behind it? It's weird, right? I don't even have any good memories with you. But, we're still together," He continued regardless, "Why is it?" Jaewon looked at the girl, "Do you like it to be like that?"

She stayed quiet.

"Okay, just say that's how it is. I have something else I've been curious about," Jaewon paused, "Why you haven't confessed?"

Jennie suddenly stood up, took a step backward from the boy.

"That's why you're pushing it away. From the start. That's why I have no choice but to get mad. Don't you think so?"