Falling out, Falling in

Part-time Billionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon sighed as she walked at the park alone. Jihyo used to walk with her and just talking and laughing at the swing or the jungle gym. When one of them have a problem they always call each other and meet there.

Jihyo is so quiet, which is very unusual for her. Though she's scared, Nayeon climbed up on the top of jungle gym where Jihyo was sitting. 

"Oh my god!" Nayeon's foot slipped but Jihyo quickly grabbed her and helped Nayeon sit beside her. 

"Ya! Are you upset? I'm sorry. I didn't know they will picked me as the lead role" Nayeon pouted feeling guilty since she knows that Jihyo wanted that role so bad. It's not her fault though, Nayeon just auditioned saying she's auditioning for no specific role. If she fits at any role she will be willing to do it. 

Jihyo on the other hand, worked hard for it. Though she's happy for Nayeon, she just felt bad for all the efforts she gave to get that role. 

"No, Unnie it's okay. Just do well" Jihyo cheered trying her best not to be selfish and just be happy for her bestfriend because she knows that Nayeon would do the same thing for her. She smiled and pats Nayeon's head. Unknown to them, that play will be the start of their problems.

The play was a success. Jihyo supported and cheered for Nayeon all through out the play. Little did Nayeon know, as she gain her fame, students starts to bother Jihyo. Both in a good way and a bad way. But mostly, it's in a bad way.

Jihyo was often called as Nayeon's shadow or just Nayeon's bestfriend never by her name. Jihyo started to get stressed because of the students asking for Nayeon's number or asking for some facts about Nayeon. This is the reason why on the day Mina transferred to her school, Jihyo became so happy and started to hangout with Mina more than Nayeon. 

Mina also gained popularity for her beauty and talent but her dark aura and her intimidating elegance made the students scared of her. She's untouchable, that's how they described her.

"Jihyo-ya, you are not hanging out with me anymore. Is there a problem?" Nayeon confronted Jihyo. 

"I think we shoud keep our friendship a secret or maybe just toned it down a little bit" Jihyo said which Nayeon misunderstood.

"Ya! You don't want to be my friend anymore?! Are you jealous because of the attention I'm getting?!" Nayeon bursted out. Jihyo is her only friend that she could really call a friend. It hurts to see them drifting apart. 

"Are you even listening to yourself? Do you think I wanted some attention?" Jihyo asked in disbelief. She's happy for Nayeon. There's a lot of opportunities coming for her and Jihyo was proud of Nayeon for it. But it's too burdening. Jihyo felt that she should be as successful as Nayeon so that people stop belittling her.

It also hurts whenever people only see her as Nayeon's shadow. She knows to herself that she's equally as talented as Nayeon but people around her is just really good at pulling her down. She can't handle it anymore and the only way she knows for it to stop is to avoid Nayeon whenever they are in school.

"Whatever. If that's what you want then I'll give it to you" Nayeon said then left. Jihyo sighed in frustration. She just couldn't believe that Nayeon wouldn't even let her explain.

"Oh, You are here too?" Nayeon looked up at the familiar voice and saw Jeongyeon walking towards her holding Jihyo's hand dragging her.

"Yeah.. I was just, thinking" Nayeon couldn't really think of an excuse. She actually just went there because it's her and Jihyo's rendezvous and she really misses Jihyo.

"Problems? I'll get you guys some ice cream. Wait for me here okay?" Jeongyeon said as she let go of Jihyo's hand and run towards the convenience store nearby. 

Jihyo sat beside her but made sure that there's enough space between them. It's so rare for Jihyo to be this quiet and she's not really sure if it's okay for her to talk to Jihyo so she just decided to not to talk.

"It's okay. Everything's going to be fine" Jihyo suddenly said not looking at her but still manage to pat her head. It's a gesture that they often do to each other for comfort. 

"Jihyo.." Nayeon called tears are faling from her eyes.

"I already told you, If you have problems you can always call me" Jihyo said as she gave Nayeon a handkerchief. Nayeon didn't say anything but wiped her tears. 

Jihyo knows Nayeon very well, if it's about her family or something about school, Nayeon would call her in a blink of an eye. But she didn't, it just means that it's because of their 'friendship'. 

"I already told you, it's all in the past. Let's move on" Jihyo looked at her and tried to smile.

"No, I abandoned you.. I can never forgive myself for it!" Nayeon bursted out which shocked Jihyo. 

"What do you want to do then?" Jihyo asked defeated. She, herself, doesn't really have any idea on what to do with Nayeon. She's just too stubborn. 

"Look, I know you feel bad about what happened and nothing can change that. Yes, it's awkward to start again but we don't have a choice." Still, Nayeon haven't said a word.

"Are you giving up on this friendship? Why don't you say something?" Jihyo's voice was calm but it's obvious that she's upset. Instead of answering, Nayeon hugged her tightly and cried on her embrace.

"Jihyo-ya, mianhae, I'm such a bad Unnie"

Mina is known for being calm and soft spoken but not right now. Myoui Mina pushed Nayeon at an empty room and locked the door. Students started to watch them from the windows. Everyone was curious. It's a rare sight to see Mina and Nayeon together.

"What the hell?!" Nayeon screamed at Mina who didn't even flinch.

"Do you know what she's been going through?" Mina asked. Her voice is still calm but cold. Nayeon was So sure that it's about Jihyo. She didn't say anything and let Mina speak.

"Your so called fans and admirers are bothering her. Some are even bullying her calling her names. She wanted to keep your friendship lowkey to protect herself. I know you thought she's being selfish but the truth is, you are the selfish one" Nayeon never thought that Mina have a sharp tongue. She's usually quiet and this is the first time Nayeon have heard her speak more than one sentence.

"Make a move or you are going to lose your bestfriend forever" Mina said before walking to the door she was about to exit when Nayeon spoke.

"Why are you saying these to me?" Nayeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter