Chapter-3

Days Gone By

She went to the kitchen following Naeun.

'So We were in the second floor huh, I wonder who's room is it?' She thought.

She halt in Her step when She felt that She bumps onto someone's back.

"I'm sorry.." She apologized looking down, embarass that She was caught in Her own world.

"You didn't hear Me? Did You?" Naeun asked Her while laughing softly. She was mesmirized by Naeun's laugh that She didn't see the persian cat jump on Her.

"What the horse!!?" She squalled before falling down the floor.

"It's not a horse Hayoungie, it's a persian cat Her name is tada, and sorry about that." She heard Naeun says getting the cat from Her.

"Oh well it was an expression Naeun shi. And for the record I didn't see that cat when We went here." She replied dusting Her pants off.

"I know, I was just jesting. And please don't call Me Naeun shi, just call me Naeun, You did called Me that the last time You were here." Naeun said smiling a bit, petting the cat in Her arms.

She remembers calling Her that even when She woke up in Her classroom. She chuckled remembering Her friend Namjoo almost had a heart attack.

She shakes Her head, and when to take a sit, She knows She is hungry. the last time She ate was with Her friends, and it was during lunch time.

She looks at Naeun who was occupying the sit in front of Her, the cat is not with Her now.

'Should I ask Her?' She thought hesistating.

"We can eat first, before I tell you everything You wanted to know.." She heard Naeun says.

She glance at Naeun and saw Her smiling at Her. She returns the gesture. They started their breakfast in a comfortable silence.

 

 

---

They are now in the living room, Naeun near the window, looking outside.

"I know you got a lot of question you're dying to ask." Naeun started. She looks at Naeun letting Her continue with it. She sees Naeun turning to Her.

"We expected you to be here, My-" Naeun says but She cuts Her saying..

"We? But I didn't see any one here, except You. Oh and Your cat." She says walking near the window gazing outside. She hears Naeun chuckle before She speaks again..

"My Granny. She knows you'll be here. But She is in another place. It wasn't just Me and My cat here, remember when I mistaken You for My relatives that called Me in the Saverou jungle?" Naeun asked Her contemplating whether to continue or not.

She looks at Her creasing Her brows.

"Yes. What about it?" She replied confusedly.

"That relatives of mine, they were the one who cause ruckus the first day You were here..." Naeun says but stopping, turning Her back again to look at the saverou jungle.

"You mean they are the bad guys? I was worried about You, when I came back to My place, That they may hurt you. I thought this was just a dream but it felt so real." She says concernly looking at Naeun's direction with a worried look.

Naeun glance at Her and smile sadly. "Yes they are. But they can't hurt Me. Not yet I think." She hears Naeun replied, mumbling the last part.

"But why? You're relatives, You should be helping each other right.? And why does I only see your house here?" She asked vehemently tearing Her gaze from Naeun and looks at the saverou jungle.

Heaving a deep sigh Naeun replied Her.

"in this world even your relatives stab your back when powers are included. They will sell their dignity in order to gain that." Naeun smiled bitterly.

"This place is secluded that is why You only see My house. They destroyed every houses here except Mine. The only safe place here is where my Granny is, it's in the south of sav---" Naeun said stopping when She hears a footsteps coming their way.

"Hurry You need to go back now. Just go through the passage where I first lead you. I'll distract them." Naeun said Walking hurriedly to the door.

She was surprised by it but recovers quickly, walking fast to the left side where She thinks the passage is.

'Where is it exactly?' She asked herself. Touching every wall to feel it.

'Why didn't I ask Her about it..' She thought frustratedly.

She walks through the other wall and see a little black button.

'Maybe it's for opening the door.' She push the button and enter the passage. Half way through it she completely blackout.

 

 

 

HOME

"Hayoung ah wake up, dinner is ready.." She felt someone's hand shaking Her.

"Hayoung ah come on Bom ah will be going to eat Your dinner if You don't wake up." Chorong said again tapping Her arms now.

"Uhmmmm." She mumbles slowly opening Her eyes, stretching Her hand up.

"Oh Chorong unnie?" She asked surprised seeing Her unnie there.

"Who else?" Replied Chorong who is frowning.

"Come on dinner is ready. Bomi ah is already having Her dinner, wash Your face before you go, there is a drool on Your face." Chorong said jokingly, pointing her left cheek,smirking at Hayoung.

She touch Her cheeks to feel if there is, but none.

"Unnie!!" She shouts running out from Her room to the kitchen.

"Goodevening Hayoung ah.." greeted Bomi to Her. Serving Her some dishes.

"Goodevening to unnie, thanks." She says in astonishment seeing all the dishes they prepared.

"Namjoo called You, saying She'll absent tomorrow." Started Chorong as She looks at Her.

"Oh did She tell Her reason unnie?" She asked pouring a juice to Her glass.

"She didn't told Me. She said that She'll be meeting You tomorrow evening." Chorong replied standing up to get some rice.

"Oh okay unnie. Can I absent tomorrow too unnie?" She asked looking at Chorong's way then to Bomi.

Bomi looked at Her covering Her ears, She looks at Bomi confused.

When She feels someone pinching Her ear.

"Ouch unnie.. i was just joking." She says holding Her ear.

"That's what you get from joking like that." Replied Chorong sticking Her tongue out.

"Aishh this unnie." She said smiling to Chorong.

Chorong and Bomi just laughed at Her. They were talking about embarassing things that happen to them, laughing at their antics.

They decided to call it a night.

"Goodnight unnies. Have a nice dreams." She says walking to them and hug them.

"Goodnight too Hayoung ah.." replied Bomi returning the hug.

"Goodnight too giant baby." Said Chorong kissing Her cheeks. She went to Her room and sit on Her bed.

'I'm not yet sleepy.' She says getting Her phone. She play a games there to kill time. Until sleep decided to visit Her. She thought about what Naeun just told Her.

'so I was expected to be there, but why?' She asked Herself putting Her phone back at Her bedside table.

She lied on her back and begin counting the sheeps in Her head.

'This is doing Me no good..' She said frustratingly. She stared at Her ceiling until She fall asleep not realizing it.

"Wake up Hayoung ah!!" She heard Her unnie scream this early.

"Arghh unnie. You're too loud." She says covering Her ears with the pillow.

"Wake up or else---" Chorong said threateningly to Her glaring at Her direction.

"Alright unnie, just go now. I'll be going to have My shower now too." She said getting up pushing Her unnie outside.

"Okay I'll be in the kitchen." Chorong said walking away from Her room.

'Did i really sleep last night? But why do I feel tired and not refreshing at all. Why didn't I see saverou or Naeun in my dreams.' She thought combing Her hair frustratingly. She went to take a shower. 

Meanwhile in the kitchen Chorong is reading an old newspaper. She was laughing at something She reads in a certain page, She waits for Hayoung to fix Herself so that they can have their breakfast.

"Goodmorning unnie." She greets Chorong and went directly to Her sit.

"Good morning too Hayoung ah." Chorong says grabbing some bite.

"I didn't know you're into that." She says pointing to the old newspaper. That She didn't notice when She went there.

"Oh this?" Chorong said raising the old newspaper.

"I saw it at the porch, maybe someone left it there. So I decided to bring it here and read." Chorong Said flipping the pages of it.

"Woah! woah! Hayoung ah!!" Chorong half yelled looking at the newspaper, pointing Her finger to the page She was reading.

"What is it unnie?" She asked Chorong as She takes a sit beside Her.

"You were asking about saverou last night, right?" Chorong confirmed looking at Her while Her finger is still at the saverou word.

"Look, there is a content about saverou here." Chorong continue.

"I think You should read this Hayoung ah, You can bring that to Your school. Maybe You can do some research in Your library." Chorong suggested handling the old newspaper to Her.

"You're brilliant unnie, thanks. I haven't thought about it earlier." She said hugging Chorong.

"I know, that's why I suggested that to You." Chorong said chuckling, knocking Her head slightly.

"What was that for unnie?" She asked feeling Her head.

"For being a dummy." Chorong merong.

"Whatever unnie." She says walking through the maindoor.

"Unnie can you give Me a ride?" She asked pouting.

'Please agree to it, please agree to it.' She mentally repeated.

"Okay fine, but You have to buy Me a chicken feet when You got home." Chorong said agreeing, walking to Her.

"I will, here is the key unnie, catch." She said throwing Her key to Chorong's direction.

 

 

 

SCHOOL

"Do I need to pick You up later?" Chorong asked Her glancing at Her direction.

"No need to unnie, I know You and Bomi unnie have a date later. So I don't want to disturb You." She replied pecking Chorong's cheeks, and went out of the car.

"See yah later Hayoung ah." Chorong said before She sped up.

'Should I go to library first and read this old newspaper there. Namjoo unnie won't be here today. And I still got 15 minutes to spare. Ah whatever.' She thought, And went to the library.

She's on Her way to the library when suddenly.

"Boo!!" She hears someone shouts. 

"What the fudge!!" She yells and abruptly turn Her head to the left.

"Hahahaha!!" There She sees Her friend laughing holding Her stomach.

"The heck Joy, I almost peed My skirt." She says glaring at Joy.

"Did you?" Joy asked Her wiggling her brows. "No! I didn't. What are you doing here anyway pestering Me this early?" She asked Joy who just shrug Her shoulder.

"What's with the attitude?" She asked again walking pass Joy.

"Hey wait up." Joy said following Her.

"I wanted to hang out with You. well, I heard from a little duck that you guys are sulking including Namjoo unnie because I rarely have time with You, is it true?" Joy inquired lowering Her head. Stopping in Her tracks.

"You're Our friend Joy, of course We miss hanging out with You. But the little duck got the wrong info because I didn't sulk, that little duck is the one who's really sulking."  She says tapping Joy's arm smirking at Her way.

"Beside I'm a bit happy that You rarely hang out with Us, at least no one gonna pester Me. Hahaha!" She teasingly said while walking away from Joy.

"Yah!! Hayoung ah!!!" Joy said running after Her. They both laughed at their antics.

"Anyway, I didn't see Namjoo unnie here? Where is She?" Joy asked Her looking at the entrance of the library.

"She called last night saying She'll absent today, She didn't say what's Her reason though." She replied. Walking near the shelf.

"Oh that's why I didn't see Her. Hmm is that Yennie with the girl She's courting?" Joy said pointing to their right direction. She looks at it and see Her friend Yerin laughing with the girl She's courting.

"Yes that's Yennie, they look good together. I think the girl's name Yerin is courting is Sinb, if i'm not mistaken." She said tearing Her gaze from Her friend and choosing a books instead.

"You're right they look good together." Said Joy mirroring Her gesture.

They sat on the chair just near the shelf, as She began reading the books they have gathered. They were busy concentrating when Yerin come.

"Hi guys!" Yerin said happily.

"Hey Yennie You seemed happy, did She say yes to You?" Joy asked lifting Her head from the book that She is reading.

She just listen to their conversation and concentrate on finding an information about saverou.

"Yes finally She is my girlfriend." She heard Yerin says while giddily clapping Her hand.

"Congrats little duck." Joy said standing up to hug Her friend. She stops reading Her books and stand up to give Her friend a hug too.

"Congrats Yennie ah, now you won't whine to us that Joy is ditching Us with Her girlfriend because You got Yourself a girlfriend too." She says teasingly to Yerin before ruffling Her hair.

"Thanks guys." Yerin said hugging them back.

"What are you guys reading?" Yerin asked seeing Her friend with their books.

"I don't know to Hayoung ah. I just followed what She does. Because I want to hang out with Her." Joy said flipping Her books.

Yerin look at Her expectantly. She get Her books and begin reading.

"I was just looking for information about a certain place.." She said not sparing Her friend a glance.

Her friends curiosity pique. "what place?" Joy asked turning Her head to Her.

Yerin stop what She is doing and look at Her direction.

'Should I tell them?' She thought still looking at the book.

'Chorong unnie and Bomi unnie knows about it so maybe I could tell them too.' She told herself again. Lifting Her head up, She glance at Her friends.

"I was searching for an information about saverou. that place is mysterious so I got curious of it." She says returning Her gaze back to the book.

"Wait did You just said saverou Hayoung ah?" Joy asked with wide eyes. Looking at Her direction.

"Yeah I did. Do you know some information about it Joy?" She asked glancing to Joy's direction.

Putting Her books down and waiting for Joy to respond. Joy contemplated for awhile but then replied.

"Yes Hayoung ah, I heard about it from Joohyun unnie." Joy answered tapping Her fingers on the table.

"Isn't Your girlfriend's name Yerim? Are you two timing Joy?" yerin Butted in while confusedly looking at Joy.

"Ofcourse not!! You see Yerim and Joohyun unnie are siblings." Joy replied hitting Yerin arms in the process.

"She talks about that saverou too Hayoung ah." Joy continued playing with Her hands.

"Joohyun unnie said that Her girlfriend is living in the saverou." Joy added, now looking at Her.

This got Her attention, She is about to ask Joy if that Joohyun unnie's girlfriend name is Naeun.

"Joy is Her girlfr--'' She cut off what She was abot to say When they heard the bell rings.

*Ring!* *ring!*

"We'll talk later Hayoung ah." Joy said and went out the library. Yerin bid Her goodbye too.

She went out the library feeling confused with everything. Suddenly She remembered about the newspaper She brought with Her to school.

She opens Her bag, and get the newspaper inside, She remembers putting it inside before Joy scared the sheesh out of Her. 

She walks through the hallways when She bump into someone.

.

.

.

.

---TO BE CONTINUEDD---