FIRST MEETING

Can You Hear Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Hope you will enjoy it~~

 

 

 

 

One day as we were on our way to Seoul, the moving truck that had all our belongs stopped, as my little sister wanted to use the restroom and they wanted some water too.

I took my sister to the underground restroom, and then returned to find out that she forgot to bring her hair pin from the toilet, I gave her the water and told her to go first, but when I collected her pin and turned to exit the restroom, some woman bumped into me and spilled all the coffee on me, while saying rudely, “Where is your mind? Can’t you see?”

I was so angry from my sister earlier and then this annoying woman appeared too, so I exploded on her face in my strong Jeonju dialect, “Ajumma!”

“W-What? Ajumma!”

“Oh sorry, should I call you a grandma instead?” The people that were passing by chuckled at her.

“Ya! You little rat!”

“You’re the one that bumped at me, and look what have you done to me clothes, aren’t you going to apologize?”

“What? You want me to apologize to a small peanut like you?”

“Apologize, you’re the one that’s at wrong here.”

“I’ll never apologize to someone like you, you’re just a waste of time.” She huffed and started walking away.

“Excuse me,” someone held her by her arm, “I think you own this girl an apology and compensation too.”

“What? Who are you?”

“A witness of what happened,” she glared at her, “At least if you some pride left in you stop wasting our time and solve it with her right now, or I will be the one to report you to the police for destroying this girl’s clothes and burning her skin with your hot coffee and ruining the street’s pavement with throwing the beverage on it.” She dared her, “Should I do that? There’s a CCTV over there too, that recorded everything.”

She looked around to find that a lot of people gathered around them, so she had no other choice but to do as she was told, “I’m s-sorry.”

“Look in front of you once again, and leave that phone from your hand.” I told her and left.

“Wait, let me give some money to buy another shirt.”

“It’s fine, I’m not here as beggar.” I turned then, “Thank you Ajumma.” I told the woman that stood for me and ran to our moving truck.

But to my surprise no one was there, I ran hysterically around the block looking for them, but there wasn’t any trace for them.

I sat the bus stop bench and tears started to fall.

 

A grandma and her grandson sat beside me, so I tried to wipe my tears, but they won’t stop falling as I thought of my status right then.

The grandma hit her grandson with her cane, “The girl is crying.”

While he was playing with his phone, “And?”

She hit him harder, “Go and ask her what’s wrong with her.”

“Ah, grandma!” he whined.

She glared at him, and then he was right before me.

“A-Are you alright?”

She hit the back of his knee, so he curtsied right before of me mannerly.

He eyed her while whining mutedly, and she yelled back mutedly as well.

“I’m f-fine.” I told him.

 

Jiyong POV

 

For the first time in life I saw such a pair of eyes.

They were filled with pure tears, and that made them shine more, but when she said that she was fine, it was clear as crystal that she was not saying the truth and that she was hurting.

“Are you really fine?” I asked again.

Then I noticed how her clothes looked in bad status.

She nodded.

The bus came then.

“Grandma let’s go, it’s our bus.”

I shrugged my shoulders when my grandma asked again about her.

But then I felt someone tugging on the edge of my shirt.

She looked at me with puppy eyes, “C-Can you take me to the police station?”

“W-What?” I was taken aback.

“Come with us my dear.” My grandma took her to the bus with us.

 

She told us her story, “We moved here today from Jeonju, but when we stopped for a while, as my sister wanted the restroom, they left when I went down there to bring my sister’s pin that she forgot.”

“Grandma, did they abandon her?”

“No!” she protested, “My family is not that kind of people, they would never abandon me!”

“Alright, I’m sorry.” I replied and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter