BEING BY HER SIDE

Can You Hear Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Since that day on, we didn’t talk, we didn’t do anything together, just checking each other from afar.

 

That one day I was severely sick, and had no one beside me, then I knew how Taeyeon’s presence in my life was significant.

I held my phone to call her, then dropped it and forgot the idea of annoying her with me while she has someone else to take care of.

Few moments went by, and my phone rang.

After struggles I managed to answer, “H-Hello?”

“Oppa? What is wrong with your voice?”

“Nothing.” I coughed harshly then.

“Oppa? Are you sick? Is there someone with you?”

“It’s nothing, don’t mind me.” I coughed again, “What did you want?-”

Then I slipped at the kitchen’s floor, as I went to get a cup of water to drink my medicine.  “Ouch!!”

“Oppa!” she shouted, “Oppa, what happened? Oppa can you hear me!”

I leaned on the closet’s door and stood up again, “Stop shouting…” I said weakly after few moments as I tried to find my voice back.

“I’m coming right away, wait for me.”

“You don’t have to-” but she ended first.

I didn’t know then, should I feel happy that someone is coming to help me lower this fever down, or I should feel sad that I’m ruining that person’s night, since I heard his voice in the background as she was talking.

 

It didn’t take from her much till she was entering my apartment’s pin number.

“How could you do this to me?” she said as she threw her coat on the coach.

“What?” I told her while fighting to open my eyes.

“You want me to have fun, while you’re dying over here alone?” she nagged, “Why didn’t you call me? Your mother? Your manager?”

“Taeyeon…” I called since strangely I couldn’t hear her voice clearly. “Yeon? Are you still here? Yeon-ah!”

“Oppa!” she came in front of me, “What’s wrong? Can’t you hear me?”

My vision became blurry, “T-Taeyeon…” the was the last thing I remember doing, ‘Calling her name’.

 

But as I got my consciousness later on, I found her sleeping on the chair beside my bed, and my hand is connected to a tube that is dropping some IV into my veins.

“Oppa?” she brushed her eyes. “How are you feeling?”

“I’m fine.”

“You scared the hell out of me!” she hit me, “You fainted suddenly like that without any warnings, what could you’ve done without me being with you then!”

I chuckled, “Thank you little girl.” But ended up coughing.

“Don’t talk, you’ll hurt yourself more.” She sensed my forehead, “Thank God it got lowered,” she hit me again, “How can a person live with a 40.8 fever inside his body! Are you trying to die? Tell me I will kill you painlessly!”

My eyes widen in a shock, “T-Taeyeon-ah…”

“I won’t forgive you again if you got hurt and didn’t call me over!” she teared up.

“I’m sorry little girl.” I caressed her hand with my thump.

She eyed me, “Where is she? Why would she leave her boyfriend dying here and go?” in hatred tone she said, “Weren’t you in Tokyo before coming here? The doctor said that this flu wasn’t new, at least it lasted for 3 days before.”

“She was busy.”

“What a lame excuse.” She said angrily, “Is she more busier than us? No way.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter