Goodbye, Taeyeon

Can You Hear Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

How can he do that?

He featured two songs with two different singers, which toped all the charts and released a huge amount of profit, while he was semi-deaf by then.

Jiyong couldn’t hear that time, I’m pretty sure he wrote those lyrics without listening to the melody, he felt it.

 

I met him that night, when we pumped into my labelmates SUPER JUNIOR oppa-deul.

They kept calling for him, but he was walking into his way without answering, I knew that would make them question him later on, so I had to interfere and get things right.

No one should know about his illness.

But that resulted in making us break up for real, I was hoping to hear good news from him that night, but somehow we made things got worsen.

After that he came back with a new album, a new world tour that interacted with mine and then he didn’t fail of getting involved with more women and label his name in bold on all the head titles of media sites.

I didn’t mind anything, since the tour and our schedule as group was more than enough to busy me from him that year.

 

“Taeyeon-ssi,” Yongbae oppa met me after I finished my tour and was having my break time then, “This is the invitation to my wedding.”

“What? Are you for real?” I was surprised, “I’m so happy for you oppa!”

“It’s next week,” he shared happily, “I’m sorry for going first before you.”

“What are you talking about?”

“You and Jiyong, I was waiting since ever I met Hyorin noona for you two to get married first then it will be my turn to get so.”

“Aye oppa, what are you talking about?” I jerked it off, “You know that it’s not like this between us.”

“I know very well that it’s like that between you two, that’s why I’m mentioning it.”

I got shut.

“Until when you two will keep blinding your eyes.”

“Oppa…”

“Jiyong is now all healed,” he said, “And he’s waiting for you, but couldn’t approach you; since you were mourning for Jonghyun.”

“How do you know that?”

“As we figured it out,” he sighed, “You really don’t remember Jiyong being with you when you knew about Jonghyun’s death, do you?”

Well that was a brand new info for me, “I met Jiyong oppa this year?”

“Yes you did, and he stayed all night with you when you knew about that news for the first time, then you fainted from the overstress and he took you to his apartment, after you regained your conscious you apparently had a memory loss.”

“I did what? Why no one told me about that.”

“Since you were in enough pain for that moment, he didn’t want to stress you more.”

“How is he right now?” I asked after digesting the issue, “Does he use the hearing aids again?”

“No, he passed that stage, he’s completely cured.” He explained then, “He attended the treatment courses regularly, that showed a good result, which the doctors there all were surprised that he was able to get healed in such a short time and without any trace behind for his illness.”

I teared up, “He’s fine now?”

He nodded, “He’s in his better shape.” He leaned forward while handing me a tissue for my tears, “That’s why you should quit this stubbornness and return to each other’s sides.”

I was relieved that he’s fine now, Jiyong oppa is fine now.

“Taeyeon-ssi, please stop hurting each other.” He looked at me meaningfully, “Jiyong has been hurting for more than a year and half already.”

“I know.” I bowed my head shamelessly.

“You know that I don’t mean that kind of pain, he’s hurting because he wasn’t with you.”

I blinked for a couple of times.

“Jiyong isn’t your friend Taeyeon-ssi.”

“What do you mean?”

“You won’t know the flavor of the candy until you unwrap it Taeyeon-ssi.”

That was deep.

“I have to go and continue distributing the invitations.”

“Oppa,” I called as he stood up to go, “I have a favor.”

“Sure.” He invited.

“Can I sing for you at your wedding?”

He smiled, “That would be our honor for real.”

“Thank you,” I smiled, “Congratulations with my whole heart.”

“Thank you Taeyeon-ssi.” He smiled.

But that smile had some sympathy behind it.

“Why?” I asked myself as he left, Why people are tutoring me about how to love and telling me who to love?

 

I went to his wedding, the cameramen were everywhere at the main entrance, so I sneaked in with T.O.P oppa from the basement gate.

 

Jiyong POV

 

It was my best friend’s wedding, and I had about 2 weeks or a little bit more till my enlistment then.

“Hey groom,” I called as I went inside the wedding hall, “Congratulations brother.”

I hugged him, but it was such an emotional moment to live that I ended up tearing like a little kid.

“Hey, hey, I’m not going anywhere,” he said, “I won’t end my friendship with you just because I got married.”

“I know,” I said while sniffing, “I’m just happy, very very happy for you.”

“Thank you my brother,” he slapped my back in assurance, “Thank you Jiyong, I wish to attend yours soon too.”

I eyed him, “I think It won’t happen anytime soon.”

“Hey, are you depressed already about your enlistment?” he joked around.

“Are you happy that yours a month apart?”

He nodded shamelessly, “Uh, I’m happy.”

I slapped his arm, “What an ungrateful friend.”

“Hey, Yongbae!” the visitors came in greeting, so I excused myself and entered the hall first.

All YG family were there, together with Hyorin noona’s friends and family members.

I took a glass of champagne, the moment I took it out from my mouth, I saw her reflection at it.

I missed her.

Is there a potion of being extra dramatic and emotional in this drink or what? I think tears were welling in my eyes that moment.

I approached that lonely Taeyeon at one of the tables there, “Hey,” I greeted.

She jumped in her place.

“I’m sorry, did I scare you?”

“No, it’s fine.”

“How have you been Kim Taeyeon?” I looked right into her eyes, “I missed you.”

Her eyes had deep in them tears that wanted to escape, but Taeyeon is Taeyeon, she would never let them appear ever in public.

“I’m fine.” She said, “Thank you for the song, even though it’s late.”

“You did great, your voice was better in it than any other song.”

Her eyes were examining me.

“I’m fine now, I can hear you.” I assured her.

“I’m sorry, I should’ve stayed with you.”

“I know why you did everything Taeyeon.”

I think she caught the people’s stares at us.

“Hey, let’s meet up after the ceremony.”

She nodded.

I left a peck at her forehead and went to greet the other guests.

 

Eugene noona’s husband was the officiate of the wedding; as Yongbae sang for them at their wedding.

After they bid their vows and were officially announced as a wife and husband to each other, I couldn’t hold in my tears then and teared up silently aside.

He announced then, “Now we’re going to bless our ears wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter