GETTING CLOSER

Can You Hear Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Days went by, at morning I go together with her to the school, and at afternoon we come back together as well.

Sometimes we have a big dinner the two families together, our grandmother became friends, and our mothers always exchange plates at every meal, while our fathers go from time to time to hike together at the dawn.

 

“Where do you go every Sunday?” I asked her as I was reviewing my History assignment at the front yard while she was solving the mathematics assignment.

“If you tell me where you go every Tuesday I will tell you.”

“Forget it, I’m not that curious.”

She laughed, “It’s your 17th time to ask the same question, and you’re not that curious?”

“Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, our beloved Taeyeonie, Happy birthday to you!” suddenly the two families came in singing.

“What’s going on?” she reacted, “My birthday went by days ago already.”

“We’re sorry,” her mother said, “We were busy with your brother’s exams, and then with your grandma hospital appointments.”

“We too.” My mother reacted.

“Thank you Ajumma, umma, appa, grandma, ajusshi.”

“Hurry make a wish and blow the candles.”

She held her two hands up, closed her eyes and wished sincerely, then blew the candles.

“May we hold your debut party soon my little girl!” her father shared excitedly.

“Debut?”

“You’re a trainee?” I whispered to her.

She glared at her father.

“What’s wrong? They’re just like your second family, they will know now or later.”

“What a fate!...” my mom exclaimed dramatically.

I tried to hint for her to not say it too, but it was too late.

“What?”

“Our Jiyong is a trainee too!”

“Really?”

Taeyeon’s eyes widen up and she chuckled all alone. As if our questions found the answers at last. 

“Where?”

“SM.”

“He trained there for five years, then he’s now at YG.”

“Wow!”

“Who would think that our kids are both trainees?”

 

She followed me, as I went to sit at the stair steps in front of their house.

She kept smiling at me without saying anything.

“Are you that happy that you knew where I go every Tuesday?”

She nodded, “And you’re that sad that I’m a trainee too?”

Actually yes. “No, it’s just unexpected.”

“I’m really happy right now.”

“Why?”

“Finally, I found the perfect friend for me.”

“And that is?...”

“You.”

That took me deep in thoughts.

“Why? Do you hate it?”

“No, it’s just…”

“You’re my next-door oppa, school’s sunbae, and a trainee together with me.”

“Don’t dream to tell anyone else, Mrs. Kim.”

“After looking at this again, I think I’d saw you before somewhere…”

“Roo’Ra!” Her grandma pointed. “Aren’t you that little kid that was dancing in black?”

I hide my face in my palms embarrassedly.

My mom laughed, “Yes, he began his career at age six as part of the group Little Roo'Ra. After releasing a Christmas album, the group's contract was terminated, and he came crying to me, and he said…” my mom started tearing, “I won’t try to come a singer ever again!”

They all looked at me with emotional eyes.

“But here he is, standing again on his two feet to achieve his dream.” Taeyeon’s mother said.

“I know that he will do it.” Taeyeon’s father told her.

“Ah right, my husband was in a band back in days. So, he know about music, and that’s how my daughter got her voice.”

“Umma, we will go to the playground.”

“Alright, don’t stay too late, you have school tomorrow.”

“Okay.”

 

I followed her, we bought some ice-cream and went to the playground.

“Why made you return to become a singer?” she asked as she rode the swing, “By the way, I really liked the little Roo’Ra.”

“Stop with your sweet talk,” I told her, then sat next to her on the other swing, “After that incident, my family went to a ski trip to change up the mood, there SM scouted me again, so I gave it a try, but all what they taught me was dancing, I played around with DBSK and BoA noona, but then I left as I finished my elementary school, as I wasn’t sure of my dream then.” I told her.

“That’s unfortunate, I almost was going to debut with you at the same company.”

I laughed, “That is all what mattered to you after hearing that,” then I completed after a sigh, “I did some solo work here and there, but then Yang Hyun Suk CEO scouted me, and here I’m in YG where it’s all about Hip-Hop and everything I want to do.”

“Still, I’m glad that you didn’t give up on your dream.” She said sincerely, “Who is with you? Anyone significant that I might know?”

“Hmm, there’s two friends of mine that might debut with me, Dong Yongbae, and Choi Seunghyun, he was my neighbor hyung that I used to play with at middle school before moving to this neighbor.”

“Really, then it’s fortunate that you know someone.”

“You don’t know anyone? I think all the trainees that were with me at that time are gone by now.”

“Strangely, you might not believe that, but my desk-mate joined our entertainment just the last month.”

“Really? One of our school students?”

“Yes, her name is Kwon Yuri.”

“You think that I might know her by any chance?” I told her sarcastically.

“I thought she may be related to you.”

“Don’t tell me that because of her family name!” I busted in laughter.

“Don’t laugh!” she kept saying shyly.

 

“Woah, I really can’t believe it yet.” She said while looking at the sky meaningfully.

“What again?”

“Me and you being singers.”

I looked at her.

“Will we be able to debut anytime soon?” she asked with so many emotions in her voice.

“Why? Are you that bad?”

“Ya!”  She hit my shoulder, “I was in the first place the last month evaluation.”

“Really? Then what are you in? solo? Girl group? Duet?”

“Still don’t know, but I wish I would be a solo singer.”

“Why?”

“I don’t like to be with anyone, and groups only bring headaches.”

“Then why are you hanging with me?” I dared her to answer.

“You’re not anyone.”

I looked at her with my head titled in questioning expression.

“I mean you’re the first boy to talk to me ever since I came to Seoul.”

“What? You must be kidding.” I laughed.

“Really.” She pouted.

“Are you for real?” I was shocked, “With this visual and no one talked to you?”

“What do you mean?”

Then I noticed how I slipped with words, “I mean you’re this ugly, people must’ve noticed your ugliness before for sure.”

She g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter