Muddled

Time Slip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 Jinyoung still has his hand on his chest, feeling his wildly beating heart. The night was so quiet, he could literally hear every thump his little heart is making. He was almost catching his breath, like he just ran a mile. His hands feel cold. 

 

What is this? What is happening to me? And what just happened back there?

These are some of the thoughts that are going on in his cluttered mind. He could only close his eyes tight, as he leaned on the door behind him. That was close. He breathed in and out, in the attempt to pull his self back to sanity. He's not used on being in that close proximity with anyone. . . . . . well, aside from that one time with Jackson. But, it was Jackson. It's different. This is different because it's Mark. And never did he imagine he'll be that close to that temperamental guy! And correct him if he's mistaken but, aren't they in bad terms? Like, they were playing the ignoring game, aren't they? And Mark was doing a great job, he could say, not minding his existence.

Now, what happened to not minding, couldn't and would never care less Mark? Why did he suddenly turn. . . . . . . . soft? 

 

The way he held on his hand, refusing to let him go, afraid of him leaving his side... all those. Jinyoung swore, Mark would never, in his right mind, do that. Was it because of his fever? Because he is not feeling well? Was he hallucinating? Had he mistaken him for someone else?

Will that explain what happened inside, just a while ago? Why Mark almost-- god! Jinyoung cannot possibly think straight.

 

Jinyoung is still lost and confused, when he heard his phone ringing. He's glad he already got the hang of using it. He actually has Mark to thank for that. He checked only to see it was Jackson calling him, so he answered on the second ring.

"Hello?" He heard Jackson clear his throat before speaking. "Hey, Jinyoung."

Jinyoung walked towards the kitchen to do as what he planed earlier. He'll really make a cup of ginseng tea for Mark. The man needs it to feel a little bit better. "Why did you call?" He thought of asking. It's already late and he thought Jackson would be sleeping after heading to his shared apartment with Yugyeom and Bambam.

"Well, just wanted to check on you. You seem like you're in a rush to get home a while ago. I failed to ask what was the problem."

Jinyoung sighed as he rested his one hand on the kitchen sink. "Mark is sick." His reply was short, but that's all he needed to say anyway.

"Oh, really? I wish I knew earlier. I would've gone with you and checked on my brother." Yeah, maybe he should've told Jackson about Mark. "Well, how is Mark doing now? Doesn't he need to be taken to the hospital? That guy can be stubborn even more when he's sick." With this, Jinyoung could only agree.

"He's now resting in his room. I made him soup and he just finished it. Now, I'm making him some tea. It'll make him feel a bit better, I hope."

They didn't talk much more. Jackson ended the call by saying good night and thanking him for taking care of Mark. Putting the phone on the counter top, Jinyoung started to make the tea. It only took him less than five minutes to do so and now he's walking back to Mark's room to make the older drink it.

 

He took a deep breath before going inside the dimly lit room. Mark has his back turned against him, all wrapped in the bed sheet. Putting down the cup of tea on the side table, Jinyoung clears his throat, hoping it'll get Mark's attention, but it didn't. He realizes Mark maybe asleep, but he knows the older needs to drink the tea. So with a tap on Mark's shoulder, Jinyoung spoke. "Mark? I made this tea for you. You should drink this before going back to sleep."

Mark didn't answer. He didn't even move. Jinyoung now thinks, Mark might be really asleep, but he tried again. "Hey, Mark..."

"I'll drink it later."

Mark answered while still having his back turned from him. His shoulder moved as he speaks. "You can leave now. I can do fine by myself." It maybe Mark's words. Or how he said it, but it didn't allow Jinyoung to answer right away. It might've taken him a full minute before he remembered how to blink, and that Mark just told him to leave, and that he should. So, with another sigh, Jinyoung walked his way towards the door. With one last look on Mark's small back, Jinyoung headed outside.

 

***********

 

Jinyoung closed the bedroom's door after finding it empty. He tried to wake up earlier than he usually did, believe him. But apparently, the older woke up even earlier than he usually did. Mark has already left. Was he even okay? Does he feel better? He should've, right? Otherwise, he would still be crumpled up on the bed, looking all pale. And besides, he drank the tea Jinyoung prepared for him last night. Maybe that really made him feel better.

The young prince just stood there in the living room with his hands on his waist. Now, why did he even expect that Mark will change his treatment to him? He kind of hoped, to be honest. He took care of him last night, didn't he? Has Mark forgotten about that and suddenly decided to act cold towards him again? Is that even fair?

Willing himself to let go of it, and stop whining like a kid, Jinyoung just spent the rest of his morning cleaning the house. He doesn't know why cleaning came to him as a form of relaxation. Maybe it's because for more than three weeks now, he's been cleaning and doing other house chores that he got used to it. Jinyoung could almost see his best friend's smirking face, if he knew what he'sbeen doing in this era. The great Park Jinyoung is serving some commoner. That's something Ju Won could about for like, forever.

After cleaning the entire pad, Jinyoung finally had the chance to clean himself. He deserves a proper bath, and a long and relaxing one.

 

Removing his robe, he plunged himself in the tub of warm water. If there's one thing Jinyoung likes about Mark's bathroom, it's the bath tub. He loves how the warm water filled with bubbles wrap around his whole body, allowing him to relax from the morning's hard work. He rested both of his arms on the side of the bath tub as he also leaned his head back. This is life. He thought.

Mark might get mad at him if he finds out that he sometimes take a bath in his bathroom and not on the common bathroom there in the living room, but it's worth it for Jinyoung. And besides, he's rest assured that Mark won't find out. He cleans right after his bath, so Mark won't even suspect on him using the bath tub. Another thing, Mark never goes home until late afternoon or late evenings.  So he is sure he will never get caught.

 

Jinyoung was getting himself dressed when he received a call from Youngjae. "Hyung, can you help me with my report? You knew a lot about history, I need you right now. I'll treat you to lunch after."

He doesn't have the heart to refuse and, thinking about it, a free lunch is clearly better than eating kimchi rice again. He remembered what Jackson said about how Mark should take better care of him. Now, he agrees. He is sick of reheating kimchi rice for lunch. Sometimes Jackson saves the day or, either Yugyeom or Bambam does, but sometimes they aren't able to. Jinyoung thinks he has eaten a lot more kimchi rice than he was supposed to. 

"Okay, where will we meet?"

Youngjae told him that they will meet at his school. He said the address and told him it's just one bus ride away. Jinyoung knows how to ride a bus, and he already has his public transportation card. These are all thanks to Mark, of course. Like what he has said, Mark has the capability to think of and care for others. He's capable, but the truth is, he still decides whether he will or he won't.

 

After fixing his hair in front of the mirror, Jinyoung is off to meet Youngjae.

 

**********

 

"So Hanseong also has outer districts, and these districts are also present up til today? Like Seongdong and Dongdaemun?"

Youngjae is focused on writing down on his notepad, everything that he got from Jinyoung's discussion about the districts of Hanseong. He was tasked to do a report about Hanseong in Joseon Era and the young man couldn't be any happier that he got someone to help him with the report. Someone who is actually from the said era. How lucky is he?

 

The two were at the university's library, talking about history which is odd for Jinyoung because for him, it's not history. It's his era. But he is glad to help the younger. Looking around the library, he remembered how he used to sleep in Jibokjae, the royal library, while Eunuch Choi is reading some poems to him. It was really boring back then, but now, he's starting to miss those times.

After an hour more, Youngjae was finally done with his report. He's all set for tomorrow's presentation, all thanks to his hyung. Jinyoung is now comfortable with the guys addressing him as their hyung and not your highness. 

 

"So, as promised, I will go and treat you to lunch." Youngjae glanced at his watch before smiling apologetically at him. "...late lunch, that is." 

After saying it's okay, as long as they're eating good food, they both left the library and decided to eat at Jackson's restaurant. Like Jinyoung said, good food equals food at Jackson's.

 

When they arrived at the restaurant, the other guys were already there, waiting for them. Youngjae has texted Jaebum to join them for lunch and his boyfriend was kind enough to bring the younger ones with him.

"How was your report, hon?" 

Up until now, Jinyoung finds it weird to see Jaebum being love struck with Youngjae. He knows that this is Jaebum and not Ju Won, but the fact that th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter