Just Play

Time Slip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The electronic music kept on blaring up the speakers only adding up to the vibes filling up the whole place. It's already past 11 in the evening, and it's a Saturday night, so it means they are all allowed to stay up til morning because it's a lazy day tomorrow.

 

Mark took his shot in one gulp before setting down the glass on top of the bar's counter where he's currently seated at. This is only his third drink and he plans to keep things under his control, and to do that he needs to stay sober. He knows himself to have high alcohol tolerance but just to be sure, he limits himself up to 5 drinks only.

His hawk eyes darted on the nest of deep chestnut brown hair who is comfortably seated on the couch with his other friends. He's drinking. And if Mark isn't mistaken, that's his fifth drink already. For a prince, Mark thinks Jinyoung is a bit out of his character tonight.

 

"Alright, what did you do?" 

Mark turned his head to his right where he now sees the raven haired man beside him, wearing a black sleeved shirt with a few buttons undone. Arching his eyebrow, he asked back. "What what did I do?" 

Jaebum sat at the stool next to him and called the waiter to order his drink. "It's on him." he said to the waiter that made Mark scoff. "What the hell, Jaebum?" But the younger simply dismissed him. Now where are his manners? Day by day, Jaebum's becoming more like Bambam and he's fully aware that it is not a good thing.

Propping his right elbow and resting his cheeks on his right hand, Jaebum stared at him through tipsy eyes. "Jinyoung kept talking about you being a , and messing up his mind by talking about some responsibility he needs to take on." Squinting his eyes, Jaebum asked. "What did you do, Tuan?"

"He really said that I'm a ?" Cause, come on?! Jinyoung didn't even know what  means. He doubts Jinyoung will refer to him as a . Maybe some other terms but not that.

Jaebum gave him a straight face. "That's really your concern?" He just shrugged. " or not, what I am asking  is, what the hell you did that made Jinyoung this aggravated?"

 

So that's the guy's problem. No wonder the moody prince has been avoiding him like he's some plague. "You've made me feel all this, Jinyoung. So, you need to take responsibility." Why did he even say that? That only made things even weirder by a hundred percent more. Stupid jerk.

After he dropped the bomb, Jinyoung stared at him for a full minute which only made him question not only his life decisions but his whole existence as well. Only then did he feel so small and uncertain in front of a human being. He felt like he wanted to crawl into a corner or just disappearing will be better. But after a minute of staring, all Jinyoung said was "I am tired. I should sleep." and the guy didn't even change his clothes and just covered his body with the blanket, completely ignoring his presence.

That didn't go well. Mark knows. Especially when just this morning, he woke up with no sight of Jinyoung. It's only eight in the morning and the guy had already left. He wasn't able to contact the younger because Jinyoung said he's busy. If not for Youngjae, he wouldn't have the chance to be with Jinyoung tonight.  It was Youngjae who talked to Jinyoung and insisted that he join the gang in their weekly nightout. 

 

Shaking his thoughts off, Mark turns to Jaebum who is still eyeing him and waiting for any kind of response he could give. Mustering the most deadly glare he could give, he talked. "This is all your fault, Im Jaebum."

"What?!" The raven haired gasped. "What did I even do? You..." Jaebum's eyes narrowed as it met his, as if he's starting to realize something. "You. . . . ." And maybe the way Mark averted his gaze as he gulped on his drink gave him away. "You head!" He could hear his laugh in between his words. And that irritating smile couldn't go unnoticed. How is he even friends with this er?

Jaebum's laugh is annoying. His face, even more annoying. "So you really went for it, huh?" He didn't need to answer. Jaebum has it all figured out. "Wow, Mark! Wow!" He felt the latter tapping on his back that he could only swat his hand away with a hiss. But Jaebum is still amused by what he just learned. "I am proud of you, my friend. I am damn proud."

"Me being gay, makes you proud?"

Jaebum gave him an incredulous look before answering. "You deciding to deal with your s and be real to your self makes me proud, idiot." Mark didn't say anything and just finished his drink. Jaebum called for another drink, for the both of them. Mark thinks it's okay, since it's only his fourth.

 

"So what is your plan?" Mark wanted to not mind him but he also knows Jaebum won't let him live with this one. Not after knowing that he just confessed to Jinyoung. . . well, sort of. 

"Do I need to have one?"

"How dumber can you get?" Mark swears he could knock this guy dead. But Jaebum is oblivious to the fact that he's in danger and just pointed towards their subject of discussion. Mark also looks at the same direction and is now watching how Jackson is making Jinyoung laugh with no worries. It just looks so natural- Jinyoung being comfortable around the blonde. Something is stirring inside him. 

"It certainly looks like Jackson is on the lead." Jaebum even hummed while nodding. "Jinyoung does seem like he likes Jackson."

"Yah!" Mark can't help but react and it only made the younger laugh. "You're the one who pushed me into doing this. And you're not going to support me?"

"Mark, I only helped you see things clearly. I only pushed you a couple of steps closer, but that doesn't mean I'm betting on you to win Jinyoung." Mark could only glare at him. Jaebum and his nonsense blabbering. But the younger shrugged his shoulders while still gazing over Jinyoung and Jackson. "You have to step up your game."

 

 

When they reached his place, Jinyoung is almost good as dead. He's not moving, since he has laid him on the bed. He is really drunk, Mark is sure of that. He even noted himself that next time, this won't happen. Jinyoung and drinking shouldn't go together.

Mark took off the younger's shoes and made him lie even more comfortably. He knows he can't undress Jinyoung, that's if he doesn't want Jinyoung to go bat crazy on him when he wakes up and finds out about it. So instead, he just got the blanket and covered Jinyoung with it. Looks like he's sleeping on the couch.

 

He just finished washing up when he saw Jinyoung's phone lighting up. It's a good thing Jinyoung doesn't know how to set a password in his phone so he can freely check on it. He saw that Jackson just sent Jinyoung a text message. 

 

Hey Jinyoung, you're probably asleep now. I hope you're okay and is sleeping well. Anyway, is it still a yes for my proposed date tomorrow? i hope to get a reply after you read this. Good night, Jinyoung! ♥♥♥

 

It's not just because of the heart emotic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter