Senseless

Time Slip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Beksul Korean Pancake Mix.

Jinyoung read as he hold out the box he had taken from the cupboard. 

 

He opened the box and teared the pack open. Filling up the cup he was holding, he glanced at Mark who is silently judging watching his every step. Is this how the cooks feel whenever he or his father pays a visit and observes what they do in the royal kitchen? It's really nerve wracking, then.

As what Mark told him last time, he only needs to use one cup of the pancake mix. It'll be enough for at least seven pancakes, and it'll be more than enough since it's only the two of them who will be eating. 

Jinyoung poured the content of the cup on the bowl he has placed on top of the kitchen counter. He heard a hmmm from Mark. Maybe it means what he is doing is correct. He also added water. Mark said that the pancake mix doesn't require anything else but water. So he just blended everything with the wire whisk. 

 

"That's enough. I still want to be able to chew it easily." Mark reminded him to stop on mixing the batter. Right. He forgot that part. "Heat the stove now."

Again, Jinyoung would say this. . . never did he think he'll come to this point where he'll have someone order him around on doing things. He bets Mark knows no prince was ever asked to cook for himself. His palace has more servants than he actually needs. He never goes hungry. He never eats simple food. He never cooks for himself! Does Mark know that? 

But then again, if he does, will Mark even care? He doubts it.

 

"Alright." Jinyoung lifelessly moved towards the stove and heated a lightly greased griddle to medium-high. Reaching for the bowl and a ladle, he started to dip the batter onto the griddle.

He knows he's doing fine. But Mark maybe is having trouble keeping his mouth shut, that's why he keeps on reminding the younger about how small or how big he would like the pancakes to be. Jinyoung, on the other hand, is practicing on letting Mark's words go in and out of his ears. He knows what he is doing. Mark should shut up.

Jinyoung smiled as he flip each pancake as it turned golden brown. He has done a good job, didn't he?

 

As he placed the pancakes at the center of the table, he looked at Mark who is just staring at what he has prepared. "It's about time, that you finished. I'm starving." 

Fighting the urge to spat at the older, Jinyoung took a deep breath and sat across Mark. He is also starving. They should eat.

 

*********

 

"Wear this." 

 

Jinyoung doesn't know why Mark should have a say on what he should wear. Jinyoung knows just enough. He has watched television shows, where he saw how people normally dress themselves in accordance to different situations. So he decided to go for a simple white shirt and jeans. It's a casual thing to wear; he even saw most of the people wearing those while walking around the city.

Now, as to why Mark is insisting that he wear a white buttoned long sleeved shirt, Jinyoung is not sure.

 

"Isn't this too formal?" He asked Mark who is wearing the same thing, only his is light blue and striped.

The older just stared at him like he is being stupid. "We are going to my workplace. We have to be formal."

"I didn't even want to go." He just mumbled but it made Mark hiss at him. Flicking his tongue, he just took the shirt Mark is handing him. "Alright. I'll go change. Go back to the living room." 

He didn't wait for Mark to answer. Instead, he just closed the bathroom's door and stripped of his white shirt. After five minutes, he went out of the bathroom, and headed towards the living room where Mark was standing in front of the mirror, fixing his hair. Upon seeing him, Mark turned and got his car keys on the center table. "We're running late."

The way he said that, it's as if he's blaming Jinyoung so the younger fired back. "Who's idea was it to tag me along, in the first place?"

"Just shut it, and move faster."

 

One. Two. Three. Four... Five... Jinyoung inhaled and exhaled before following Mark towards the door. 

 

This is a bad idea. It would be so much better if he just stay here in Mark's pad. Being alone would be better than being with this temperamental man who thinks he could order him to do anything. But, yeah... he could. Mark could. He is at Mark's beck and call, remember, Jinyoung? 

Jinyoung sighed as he stood by Mark's car, but the older just glared at him. "I am not your driver. Move your here and sit in front."

 

This time, Jinyoung counted to ten. Mark is surely doing an excellent job in pissing him off. Sitting back on the passenger's seat, Jinyoung sighed once more.

 

This is going to be a long day.

But he has to endure.

 

**********

 

Mark parked his car in his usual parking spot. He went out of the car first before walking to Jinyoung's side of the car only to see the younger already closing the car door. Hmm, maybe he underestimated the guy? He is a fast learner, isn't he?

 

"Since when did you learn on opening the cardoor?"

Jinyoung just shrugged, and did he just see him roll his eyes? "Yesterday." He answered. "Jackson taught me how."

Okay. Mark didn't say anything. He believes he doesn't need to. "Well then, follow me and stay close."

 

The two of them walked their way towards the elevator. The lift was empty since they're coming from the basement. After punching in 12, Mark leaned back on the railing of the elevator. Few floors later, more people went inside the shaft, so Mark needed to adjust. He turned to check on Jinyoung who is just standing and squeezing himself at the same time. Inching closer, he stood right next to his highness. There's a loud ding and then the door opened, leading them to the right floor.

 

Mark nods his head to his workmates whom he comes across with. While walking, he also looks at Jinyoung who is just observing his surrounding. 

When they arrived at the lounge, he turned to the younger once again. "I'll leave you at the breakroom. You should wait for me there. I'll just get my things at my table and have a short talk to my boss. Then, we'll get going to meet my client, okay?"

Jinyoung, although he looks confused just nodded. Mark reached for his shoulder and tapped it slightly before leading him towards the breakroom. It's good that there's no one inside so he just asked Jinyoung to sit on one of the chairs.

"If you go hungry, there's food over there." He pointed on the cupboards. "Help yourself."

"I'll be fine. I am not a kid."

Mark wants to laugh at him. Because, yes, he isn't a kid. But sometimes, Jinyoung isn't aware that he acts like one. "Okay. I'll be back in fifteen."

"Fifteen?"

"Fifteen minutes." With another tap on the younger's shoulder, Mark left.

 

Mark was wrong. It took him almost half an hour to get back on Jinyoung. His talk with Mr. Seon took most of his time. He just reminded him of the usual things. 

Now, he is walking his way to the break room. He could imagine Prince Jinyoung with his bored look. Should he apologize?

 

He was expecting to see a bored Jinyoung. Or an annoyed Jinyoung. But not a coffee all over his shirt-Jinyoung. 

 

When Mark went inside the breakroom, he saw the younger, holding a cup on his hand and his other hand frantically trying to stop the coffee from pouring out of the coffeemaker. In a split second, Mark is now on Jinyoung's side, taking the cup from his hand and turning off the coffeemaker himself.

"Aish." Mark hissed as he put the cup down on the table and turned at Jinyoung whose shirt is drenched with hot coffee. . Mark's alarmed eyes examined Jinyoung who is wincing, but looks apologetic. 

"I- I'm s-sorry."

But Mark's hand is now on the younger's shoulder, still checking if he's okay. "Forget that. Are you okay?"

"I'm okay. Just..." Jinyoung winced as he pointed at his stomach where he has spilled coffee on. "It was my fault."

"Why didn't you wait for me, if you wanted coffee?"

"But, it was not for me. It's-"

 

"What happened here?"

Mark turned to the voice he heard. By the door, he saw Tae Won feigning shock and concern though it's very clear he finds the situation funny. "Oh, are you okay?"

Now Tae Won is beside the two of them, also scanning Jinyoung. 

"I'm sorry if I spilled your coffee." Jinyoung's words made Mark frown. What did he say? "I didn't know how to work with this thing."

"You asked him to make you a cup of coffee?" Mark asked the male. "He is with me. He doesn't work here."

When Mark saw how Tae Won smirked, he had to pull himself together to not punch the guy. "Then, it's my bad. I just though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter