Catastrophic

Time Slip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I know I'm late but. . . . (hides in a corner)

ஐ〰ฺ・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・

 

"So you're just going to stare at me for the whole time that we're driving?" Jinyoung heard Mark say while keeping his hands on the wheel and his eyes on the road.

Mark, still dressed in hanbok minus the hat, looks cute in Jinyoung's eyes. Jinyoung didn't expect Mark would look this good when dressed like an ancient Korean back in Joseon era. 

He just shrugged as he leaned on the car's window and indulged himself more with the staring which he's been doing for the last five minutes. "Yes, I am." His response made Mark frown, but he knows that the older isn't anywhere near being pissed off by him. "It's a shame that it'll only take thirty minutes for us to get home. I would very much want to spend a longer time staring at you."

And that might have caught Mark off guard. And why wouldn't he be? Jinyoung has never been this bold when it comes to saying what and how he truly feels for the other. But he has said enough, hadn't he? He already told Mark he loves him, so saying this is not that big of a deal.

Besides, what Mark has done today, all his efforts just to make him feel like he's home... it just made Jinyoung realize how much the older loves him and wants to be with him. And Jinyoung must say, he was beyond touched. Mark even went through the effort of dragging his friends just to carry out his plan. Jinyoung is very glad to see Mark's friends, who also became his friends, having fun with him as they relive how his life was back in Hanseong. They even played Tuho , a game which they played in Donggung. Jinyoung recalls how he tried to record a video of Mark struggling to throw arrows into the wooden jar and how the older kept on complaining about how narrow the neck of the jar was. He thought he was recording it, but then he was disappointed when he saw that the video wasn't saved. How Mark for not knowing how to record a video through phone properly, because Jinyoung forgot to press the record button.

Mark's sigh caught Jinyoung's attention back. "Okay then, suit yourself." and the older focused back on driving.

 

It was when they reached Mark's place and we're already dressed in their usual clothes when Jinyoung noticed Mark is now doing the same he was doing when they were driving a few hours ago.

They were both seated on the couch and Jinyoung is reading this book he borrowed from the library, and Mark is watching this variety show... well that was what Jinyoung thought, not until he turned and saw a pair of brown eyes staring intently at him. He actually thought that Mark would avert his eyes because he just caught the older gawking at him, but no. Mark continued on staring at him, and Jinyoung felt like the latter was really staring through his soul. Jinyoung doesn't want to mind but, it makes him feel a bit uncomfortable. Not that he doesn't like how he feels when Mark is looking at him... but because he could feel something else from those warm eyes of his. And that something is enough to raise his concern.

"Is this your revenge?" Jinyoung asked.

Mark however, remained staring at him while holding the tv's remote control on his left hand. "Huh?" Good god, he blinked. Finally, Jinyoung thought. 

Jinyoung sat back while still holding out the book he is currently reading. "Because I stared at you for the whole time that we were driving, now you're taking your revenge by trying to melt me with your stares." Mark didn't bulge and still kept on staring. "You're staring at me as if, anytime I'll vanish."

He meant it as a joke. Jinyoung really did. But seeing Mark's reaction, how the older's eyes showed a clearer emotion... which somehow resembles worry, almost fear, Jinyoung realized what he has said might be true. 

"You talk like it's not possible." Mark's voice was small, but calm. But Jinyoung could hear something else from it.

Sitting upright to face Mark, Jinyoung decided to enlighten him. "I think so. Listen, it's not as if I will vanish anytime. Surely, there is a way to return to Hanseong. Maybe a portal or something..."

He then saw how Mark turned his head to look at his bedroom's door. It took him a few seconds more to figure out what the older might have been thinking but Jinyoung did get what Mark is probably thinking of. But before he could speak, Mark already did. "There's no way I'll let you get through that door, then."

Jinyoung just laughed. "Hey, I already promised I will stay."

"You did. But you could be pickle minded sometimes. Like a girl." This made Jinyoung laugh some more. But Mark pulling him close, securely wrapping his arms around him eventually made him stop. "You did say that you'll stay. But I need to feel that your promise is real. My heart needs to feel assured that you won't leave. That I could keep you here in my arms forever." 

Jinyoung felt how hard his heart is beating right now. And he thinks Mark could feel his heartbeat too. Deciding to lighten the aura up a bit, since Mark is getting too mellow in Jinyoung's opinion, the younger looked up to meet those eyes. He also wrapped his arms around Mark's waist. Although he is a bit taller than Mark, he feels a bit smaller, while inside Mark's arms. 

"You were not usually like this. Since when did this start?"

"Since you." Mark's response came not more than a second after. "Ever since you came crashing in my room that night... you have muddled up my mind and heart. You did this all to me, so you have to take responsibility. Never leave me."

 

**********

 

Jinyoung can't help but admire the beauty that he is seeing right in front of him. 

He gazes over a sleeping Mark. It's been a couple of days since Mark declared that he should sleep with Mark on the older's bed. And Jinyoung, not having much complaints about it, agreed.

Mark surely looks ethereal... with those dark blue strands covering his small yet perfect face. Jinyoung brings his hand up, to brush a few strands off Mark's handsome face. He needs to see a clearer view of everything Mark has. Those eyebrows... his eyes with those pretty lashes... his pointed and narrow nose. Jinyoung resisted the urge to pinch that high bridge and just settled on touching Mark's nosetip. Cute. How many times have he called Mark that? 

Jinyoung's finger travelled to Mark's cheeks, with his thumb gently brushing across it careful not to wake the older up. His finger stopped, just beside Mark's thin and pink lips. He always wondered how those never looked dry, not even once. Jinyoung wanted to run his finger above it, just to feel how soft it is. They felt real soft against his own lips... he recalls the times when they have kissed. But Jinyoung haven't got the chance to touch it yet.

"How long should I still pretend to be asleep, Jinyoung-ah?"

All of a sudden, Jinyoung felt all his blood rushing to his face when he heard Mark's husky just-woke-up voice. Jinyoung was about to lie about him staring when Mark's eyes fluttered open. 

"Enjoying yourself?" 

Now, Jinyoung's mind is in panic. Without saying a word, he was about to sit up from bed, when he felt Mark's hand on his wrist and before he could do anything, he was already pulled back in Mark's arms. It took Jinyoung a minute before he could actually talk and save himself from embarrassment. 

"I was not staring at you." he said all too defensively.

Mark laughed and Jinyoung thinks it's the most cute sound he has ever heard. "Of course, you aren't." Then he felt his arms tightening around him. And Jinyoung knows this all too well.

Mark has a habit of staying on bed longer than he should, since they started sleeping together. Although the older needs to go to work, that fact doesn't seem to bother Mark. So pushing on the older a bit, Jinyoung spoke. "We need to get up and eat. Come on." And of course Mark will whine a bit like a little child but with another come on, Jinyoung was successful to drag Mark off from bed and towards the kitchen.

 

The two of them just prepared what they'll eat for breakfast. Jinyoung wanted to eat some beef bulgogi so Mark attempted to cook for him but as expected for someone who lived the past five years of his life, living alone, and surviving each day by ordering food or by eating ramen... well Mark miserably failed. 

To this, Jinyoung arrived to his decision of phoning Jackson and asked for help to save their breakfast. The chinese chef was kind enough to help them out, giving out each instruction clearly and patiently until one of them gets it done. But being Mark's best friend, Jackson didn't miss on making fun of the older. To every sassy remark, Jackson just gets a  off  from Mark. 

 

"Should I put this first or..."

Jinyoung watched as Youngjae confused himself even more on which board to screw first. 

The younger has invited him to his newly bought house, where he and his husband will be living at. It's a big step for the two newly wed. Although they have been living together for a number of years, living on a different house, is another thing. It includes setting up everything they need inside a house. 

And right now, Youngjae is trying to assemble this Ikea kitchen cabinet which he has bought online. Jinyoung already has his head spinning just by reading the instructions written on the manual. But seeing Youngjae's work, he knows the younger is far from finishing.

"Maybe we should leave this up to Jaebum." He suggested.

Jaebum is still at work, but he'll be home in a few hours so Jinyoung thinks they both could just wait until the latter arrives and put them both out of their misery on trying to assemble the cursed cabinet. Thankfully, Youngjae agreed and just offered him some snacks and juice.

While they were eating, the two of them talked. First, it was about the adjustments Youngjae and Jaebum made after getting married. Youngjae also shared to him how their honeymoon went, but Jinyoung rejected the thought of hearing every detail. Over all, Youngjae was telling him how good it feels that finally, him and Jaebum are as one. That there is no more you or me ... just us. Jinyoung finds it sweet and domestic, hearing those all from Youngjae, only affirming how in love the younger is with Jaebum. And Jinyoung is sure he would hear just as same from Jaebum. That guy, is without a doubt in love with Youngjae. Recalling how the older proposed to his now husband, Jinyoung could only smile. He wishes the best for the couple.

"How about you, hyung?" But that question of Youngjae, ought to tell Jinyoung where their conversation might be heading. 

And soon enough, Youngjae started asking about him missing Hanseong. Of course the younger would know. It is probably why they decided to help Mark out with his plan on bringing him back to Hanseong.. well sort of. He knew the others know about him aching to return to his time. He knew that the others also understand where he is coming from. And he also knew, the others supported Mark because like him, they want him to stay. Maybe because they don't want Mark to get hurt, or maybe because they also learned to treat him as their friend. Either of the two, Jinyoung knows the others are on the same page as Mark is.

"So you finally decided?" Youngjae asked after he told him how his last talk with Mark went. Yes, he did tell Youngjae about that night when Mark was ve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter