Stupid

Time Slip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As promised. . . . part two of the "supposed to be" update last night. (¬‿¬)(๑>◡<๑)

*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*

 

"Why'd you have to call me in this hour of the night, Mark?" These are the words coming from the mouth of his good old friend Im Jaebum. The raven haired is now seated on the stool beside him while pouting those lips of his. "I should be celebrating with my fiance."

"Right. About that..." Mark raised his hand to call for the bartender and asked for another glass of whiskey which he then gave to the younger. "Congratulations!" he even raised his glass. "...for getting Youngjae to marry a like you."

"Just let all the bitterness out, Mark. If that'll help you sleep better at night." Mark just hissed although he also find Jaebum's words a bit funny. "Now, why did you call me again?"

 

It was already past 12 am when he called Jaebum to join him while drinking at this bar. Mark knows he just bothered Jaebum in one of the most special nights in his life, after Youngjae said yes to his proposal? Jaebum desrves to spend the rest of the night all cuddled with the love of his life. But he just really needed someone tonight.

"I just need someone to talk to." Mark said which made the younger cross his arms and raise his brow. 

Jaebum shaked his glass a bit before speaking. "And the fact that you called me instead of Jackson, your bestfriend," Jaebum put emphasis on the word 'bestfriend'. "It's enough to tell me what our talking is going to be about."

Mark didn't answer just yet and just drank on his glass.

"So what did you do, this time huh Tuan?"

Finishing the rest of his glass and gesturing for the bartender to pour him another glass, Mark talked. "Do you remember that time in fifth grade? When we were on our summer vacation?" Jaebum hummed in response. "That time when Jackson asked you to play beach soccer but you said you're too tired, when in truth is you just hate to stay too long under the sun?" He heard Jaebum's laugh which is followed by the youger nodding. Mark continued.

"I wanted to play too, but Jackson was hesitant because he knows how mischievous I can be. But I assured him that I will play fair. And I tried to play fair but, Jackson was too good and I was tragically losing, so I decided to just stop playing and stole the ball from Jackson."

Mark recalls how he ran onto the beach while holding onto the soccer ball with Jackson also running behind him. 

 

"Mark! Mark give it back to me!" Jackson kept on yelling but Mark just stuck his tongue out and walked further into the ocean, not being bothered by the waves. He knows how to swim anyway.

He was having fun teasing Jackson when he realized he can no longer hear the younger's shouts. Turning back, he saw how Jackson struggled to gasp for air as the waves crashed onto him. "Help!" Was all Jackson able to shout, making Mark panic. He let go of the ball and made his way to save Jackson from completely drowning.

 

"I didn't know that he cannot swim back then. I just don't want to let the game end with me losing so I stole the ball from him. Putting him to danger was not my intention." Mark sighed as he took another sip of his drink. "When I saw him unconscious, it scared the out of me. Just because I hated losing, I almost had Jackson killed."

Mark stared intently at Jaebum who also has his eyes focused on him. Jackson knows about that incident since they've been friends since he and both of the guys entered primary school. Jaebum spoke, "And you're talking about this, because..."

"Because I don't want that to happen again." Mark heaved a deep sigh. "You just made me realize how I truly feel towards Jinyoung and everything that I've been doing since then were all to show how much I like Jinyoung. I like him. But Jackson likes him too. And he liked him first."

"Mark, it's not about who liked who first. It's not how things are."

"What Jackson feels for Jinyoung is true."

"And yours isn't?" Mark could only sigh at how insistent Jaebum is.

With a longer and heavier sigh, Mark looked at Jaebum again through serious eye."You weren't there Jaebum. You didn't see the pain in his eyes when he saw me kissing Jinyoung." Mark can still recall how Jackson's eyes mirrored pain while he was standing there, a few feet away from him and Jinyoung, witnessing something he's sure Jackson wished he didn't. He stopped for a second before continuing. "He looked at me like I just betrayed him. . . and it kinda feels like I did. From the very start, Jackson made it clear that he likes Jinyoung. I shouldn't have interfered."

Jaebum also heaved a sigh before speaking. "But it's not your fault that you fell for Jinyoung too. Why do you have to give him up? Why can't you fight for him and let Jinyoung choose who he'd like to be with?"

Mark laughed bitterly. "But isn't it obvious already? I would fight. . . I will if he also likes me. But we both know that ain't the case. It's obvious that he doesn't."

"How are you sure that he doesn't like you?"

With a shrug, Mark answered. "He shouldn't have pushed me off and ran away after we kissed, that's one." He said nonchalantly as if those words didn't pierce through his heart. "And besides, his reaction is very much different than that of when Jackson kissed him. He didn't feel awkward with Jackson, did he? It didn't change anything between them. It just goes to show the difference of his feelings towards Jackson and me."

 

For the rest of their conversation, Jaebum tried to change his mind. But Mark has already decided. He hopes that letting go now, will make it easier for him rather than doing it later.

 

**********

 

Jinyoung could smell fried eggs and bacon. He just woke up. It's a bit early, it's only 8 in the morning. Fixing the pillows on top of the couch, Jinyoung walked his way to the kitchen where the smell is coming from. He heard his stomach growl. He's hungry.

When he reached the kitchen, he saw Mark with the pink apron again. Under it, he could see that Mark is already dressed for work. He's leaving early? He thought but he was interrupted when Mark greeted him. "Good morning." The older smiled and it all seemed normal. "Take a seat. We'll eat in a minute."

After Mark finished setting the table, the two of them started eating. 

 

"Youngjae is very excited, he keeps on reminding me about these schedules. He said we have to participate in all of those, what the heck, I'm not the one getting married." Mark is grinning while they were talking about the newly engaged couple.

It's not that he doesn't want to talk about the couple. It's just that he thinks they should be talking about something else. Specifically what happened last night. and he's not talking about the proposal. Jinyoung was waiting for Mark to open up the topic, but to his frustration, Mark didn't. 

Shouldn't they talk about it, though? Isn't it something they need to talk about? Should he just let it pass? Looking at Mark who is busy with his phone, Jinyoung decided that he can't let it slip. So he sat upright and directed his eyes at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter