Responsibility

Time Slip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Well, okay." 

Jinyoung turned his head to glance at the older who is standing a few feet from him. Mark's eyes were on him, but he kept his gaze still, raising his eyebrow as if he is waiting for something. A second after, Mark opens his mouth again. "Goodnight, then."

He cannot read him, if there's any emotion laced in Mark's last sentence before he turned to head to the bathroom. Jinyoung didn't say anything. He just left. He refuses to call it stubbornness, it's just that Jinyoung thinks there's nothing else to talk to. He doesn't want to say goodnight because as far as he's concerned, his night was far from good.

 

He planned on taking a quick shower, but when he entered the bathroom, he changed his mind and decided to just wash his face and brush his teeth. He's tired, that's the truth. He's tired of everything that had happened tonight. 

As he turned the faucet on, Jinyoung thought back of what happened at the bar earlier. Maybe it was a good thing that Jackson did pass out after the kiss. Jinyoung swore, he is not in his right mind to think of how he should handle the situation. That was the first time he was ever kissed by someone. It happened all too suddenly that he really wasn't able to react or do anything about it. But thinking back, what should've he done? 

If he will be honest, then he won't deny the fact that he feels something towards Jackson. It's not surprising since from their first meeting, Jackson has been nothing but sweet and nice to him. Whenever he is with Jackson, he feels butterflies in his stomach, making him feel too giddy that he just wants to scold himself from feeling too much. It is also true that he imagined how it would be like if he started to date Jackson.

Jinyoung is sure that whatever it is that he feels towards the blonde, it's something special.

 

What he cannot understand is, why that happened? Why did he see Mark's face instead of Jackson's? 

Shaking his head, Jinyoung just filled his hands with cold water and splashed it on his face, in the hopes of waking himself up. 

 

It's not real. What you saw is not real, Jinyoung. It's nothing. Until sleep came to him, Jinyoung kept on repeating those in his head like a mantra.

 

 

*********

 

"Good morning."

 

Jinyoung is still rubbing on his eyes as he was walking towards the kitchen. He wanted to get a glass of water because his throat feels a bit dry. But there he saw Mark with his night shirt and an apron. It is obvious that the older is cooking breakfast, but what Jinyoung doesn't quite get is why Mark is cooking? And shouldn't he have left already? It's already 8 am, and he's still here? That's odd.

Unlike last night, Jinyoung decided to greet him back. "Good morning." and as he planned after getting up, he went to the fridge and got the pitcher to pour himself a glass of cold water.

He heard as the pan sizzles after Mark poured the jar of kimchi. "I thought of waking you up after I finish cooking but you were up earlier than I expected you to."

Putting the glass down on the kitchen sink, Jinyoung turned to look at Mark whose attention is divided between him and the frying pan. He leaned on the sink before talking. "This is my usual time of waking up."

Nodding his head, Mark looked at him again. "Oh, really? I thought you are not used to waking up early in the morning."

Yeah he is not. Not until recently. He would like to say but chose not to. It is true that he is not used to waking up early but since Mark started avoiding him, he tried waking up early, hoping he'll get to catch the older before he leaves for work. But failure after failures made him decide against doing it again. Mark refuses to talk to him, and he doesn't know why. Now, Jinyoung refuses to stress himself out for thinking of the reasons Mark might possibly have.

Staring back, Jinyoung answered. "Well I've been staying here for quite sometime now, aren't I? I think it's just right that I learn to do things which I am not used to do before."

He saw how Mark just managed a small nod before he felt his phone buzz. He oepened a message from Youngjae who is reminding him about their meeting later this morning. 

 

"Will you shower first before eating breakfast?" He heard Mark who is still frying some kimchi. "I'll finish in a bit."

Jinyoung isn't sure why he doesn't like the idea of staying here much longer with Mark, even more, eating breakfast with him. Maybe, it's because at the back of his mind, he knows how awkward things will get if that happens. Jinyoung is well aware that the two of them are not in good terms, so that also means they are not in eating together terms too.

Fishing out his phone again and opening Youngjae's message, he replied to the younger a text which says let's meet for breakfast, treat me. "Jinyoung?" He heard Mark ask again so he just shook his head. "No."

This made Mark frown. "You won't shower first?"

Another shake, "I won't eat here. I will go meet with Youngjae. I will help him with his research." He didn't wait for the older to answer. He is not even asking for his approval or anything. He's off to meet Youngjae, no matter what Mark has to say about it.

 

**********

 

"Okay, bye-"

 

Mark wasn't even able to finish his sentence when he heard the unit's door shut close. Jinyoung just left, again. He turned off the stove and just filled his own plate, leaving Jinyoung's empty, because the younger didn't eat breakfast, again.

 

It's becoming a usual thing now, Mark thinks. Jinyoung has been leaving too early than usual, for the past three days. He is not staying much in the pad, instead, maximizes his time with Youngjae. Well, at least, it's with Youngjae. That's the only thing which prevents him from getting pissed off by Jinyoung's behavior towards him.

Mark took off his apron and got himself a cup of hot coffee before sitting by the dining table. He's eating breakfast alone again. He might've cooked a bit more than he could eat. Well, that's because he hoped Jinyoung would eat with him, but apparently, the moody prince doesn't want to. He's a bit kept in the dark, as for the reason behind Jinyoung's coldness towards him. Yes, he might've acted the same way towards the younger some time ago, but he has reasons. Now for Jinyoung, what are his reasons? Is it because of Jackson? Are they dating or something? 

Stuffing his mouth with kimchi and rice, Mark just groaned in frustration. Jinyoung is avoiding him, just as much as he was trying to avoid the younger before. Mark knows he has to be patient.

 

Mark then heard his phone beeping so he checked, and saw messages from the guys, saying they should have lunch together since Mark doesn't have work today. He responded with an okay sign before continuing to eat.

 

**********

 

"I can't. I'm busy. I won't go." Mark is talking to Jinyoung over the phone while the other guys are busy with their own thing.

As what Jaebum texted him, they all met at Jackson's restaurant to eat lunch together. Being somewhat kind, he called Jinyoung to ask him to come also but the younger is clearly dodging his invitation.

"The guys are all here, and you also need to eat lunch, right? Just leave your work for a bit, and bring Youngjae here with you." Once again, Mark tried.

He knows that those two are still working on Youngjae's research, Jaebum also confirmed that. But Youngjae's university is just a bus ride away from the restaurant. If they decide to go, they'll be here in less than twenty minutes. It won't take too much of their time to work on the research.

Mark heard an exasperated sigh before hearing Jinyoung's voice. "We'll just eat somewhere else. Don't wait for us, go ahead and eat." That, and Jinyoung already hanged up on him. Now why did he even taught Jinyoung to use his phone? Now the man knows how to hang up on him. He could only hiss.

 

"I did tell you, they're busy, Mark." Jaebum, who is comfortably seated on the chair beside him said while his eyes are still on the book he is reading. "Youngjae said they'll be stuck there until late afternoon. I swear if my baby got too stressed out from that research, I will hunt that professor down."

Mark just gave him a side glance before putting his phone down. He then saw a pouting Yugyeom. "Hyung's not coming?" He nodded as he rolled his eyes heavenwards. "Shouldn't we order now? I'm starving."

Not wanting the youngest to go and starve to death, the four of them decided to order food. Half an hour later, food was served and Jackson also sat with them to eat.

 

After eating, they spent a few more hours talking about random things. All throughout the conversation, Mark can't help but stare at his bestfriend. Jackson is a bit more quiet than he usually is and he looks like his mind is drifting away. Not being able to ignore the blonde, Mark finally asked what his problem is.

 

"I'm just a bit. . . . . worried." And that was his answer.

The other guys are just drinking their juice while looking also at their bothered friend. "About?" It was Bambam who asked now.

Jackson then sat upstraight and heaved a long sigh before clasping his hands together, with his elbows resting on top of the table. "About Jinyoung." Jinyoung? Mark's mind suddenly repeated. What is there to worry about Jinyoung?

"What about hyung?" Yugyeom asked. "He is just helping Youngjae hyung with his research, right Jaebum hyung?" They watched Jaebum as he nodded.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter