Not Even Close

Time Slip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"So I really should start addressing him as your highness? Is that it, Youngjae?"

Mark ruffled his hair as he gave out a sigh which says that he's dead tired from everything that has been happening since two nights ago, leaning on the dining table where he's currently seated at. 

 

This morning when he woke up, what Mark did was check on Jinyoung and see how he's holding up. When he saw the latter peacefully sleeping, he could just let a deep breath out which he didn't know he was holding back.

He was just worried, alright? After seeing the guy break down in front of him like he did last night, Mark nearly decided to let the younger sleep in his room just so he can make sure that Jinyoung would not be doing anything rash like drowning himself or something. I'm trapped here, Mark. I need to go back... how he cried desperately repeated in Mark's mind. He looks so helpless and lost. It just seems to-

 

"Hey, hyung?" Youngjae's voice pulled his thoughts back in his head. 

"Yeah?"

Mark heard some clanking sound, maybe Youngjae is cooking since he can't expect anything from his boyfriend. "I thought you fell right back to sleep." Mark just hummed in response. "So as I was saying, it's really up to you. I don't think Jinyoung hyung will demand you to call him that. He even let us settle with calling him hyung. And that means Bambam, Yugyeom and me."

Mark's brows furrowed. "Hyung? You're calling him hyung?"

"Yeah! I actually can't believe everything right now. I'm able to call a royalty, as hyung. Like, how cool is that?"

 

Youngjae told him every thing that they had found out when they went to the Palace of Donggung yesterday. About how legit it is that Jinyoung, the guy he just took in, is really a crown prince in the Joseon era. And how he vanished mysteriously leading to the fall of the Kingdom of Hanseong. God, I hate history. Mark could only think. 

So to make the matters worse, Jinyoung or Prince Jinyoung is stucked in 2018, which is approximately more than 200 years ahead of his time. And that's not all, apparently, him being into this era affected things which took place during the Joseon Era. Jinyoung is the crown prince which is about to take over the throne, but when he vanished, his kingdom went down with him. That's a total , if you'll ask Mark. He definitely understands why Jinyoung begged to be brought back to his own time. The fate of his kingdom lies on his hands. He needs to go back. 

 

"How is he holding up?" Youngjae's question made him look at Jinyoung who is so immersed in watching how the blender does its work. 

"I think he's a bit better now." compared to last night, that is. Mark massaged his nose bridge. "Last night was a mess. It took me a full hour to calm him down. Thank heavens he did, after I told him that I'll help him out. That we'll help him figure things out."

"Now, why'd you have to drag us into this, huh Mark?" He heard Jaebum. It seems Youngjae put him on speaker mode. 

Another sigh. "The poor guy is lost, and hearing this from you, Jaebum, whom he hoped was Ju Won, is it? His best friend? That'll ought to break him more, I suppose." Staring at Jinyoung who is still busy watching how the slices of mango turned into smoothie, he sighed. "I don't know but, I just don't want a crying pup here in my place every god damned night."

He heard Jaebum sneer. "Oh right, okay. That's just it, then. You don't want to see him crying."

"Don't put color on this, Im Jaebum. Having him here is already a bother. Having him here crying like a baby is much worse." and that silenced the teasing younger. 

He heard Youngjae say something like behave, hon before the younger spoke to him again. "Alright, Mark hyung, count us in. It's an honor to help a crown prince make history right again." Figures. This is very much expected from someone like Youngjae who majors in History.

 

After hanging up, Mark went over to where Jinyoung still is, doing the same thing. The younger is about to press the button again, when Mark snatched his hand away. He's been killing the pulse switch, and Mark worries that things might become messy if he doesn't step in now. Jinyoung is having way too much fun.

Staring up at him, the younger looks like a kid who has his candy stolen. Mark sighed again. "Stop playing with the blender."

"Oh. Sorry." His words came out softly as he stepped aside and settled himself on one of the stools near the kitchen counter.

Mark took charge of finishing what Jinyoung has started which is making fruit shakes for both of them. He already finished making some pancakes for the both of them and it's set on the dining table. Jinyoung was just amazed by the blender that's why he asked Mark if he could try it. So he agreed, at the younger's request.

 

The two of them just ate in silence. Mark could still see that Jinyoung is lost in his thoughts. He can't blame him though. He understands.

After putting all the dirty dishes in the sink, Mark turned to Jinyoung who is still slumped on his seat. 

"I'll clean up, and you go take a shower." He told Jinyoung. "We're going out."

Confused, but with a brief hint of excitement, Jinyoung's shoulders went up. "To where?"

Putting on the rubber gloves and keeping his back turned at the latter, Mark answered. "I promised taking you to the mall, once I had my day off, didn't I?"

Jinyoung didn't answer so Mark turned around only to see the younger's face with confusion. "M-mall?"

Oh right, in his time, malls don't exist. "I told you that we'll but some clothes for you, right? Now is the time."

Jinyoung was about to say something but Mark dismissed him. "Now, go and do as what I told you. I already texted the guys. We don't want to keep those dorks waiting."

Seeing the youn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter