Jealous

Time Slip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Just sit there for a while, I'll be done in no time." 

Jinyoung is certain that his smile is a lot like awkward right now as he reciprocated Mark's bright one. It might've put the older in a good mood when Jinyoung decided to sit by the dining table and wait for Mark to finish the breakfast he is currently preparing. Unlike their usual days, Jinyoung decided against avoiding Mark. He just feels like he doesn't have to. Mark already put in too much effort in trying to get things back to how they were before all of these crazy and mundane things happened.

With these, Jinyoung could say he is glad.

 

Jinyoung just propped his elbow as he stared at the dark blue haired guy acting like some iron chef though he clearly is not. It amuses him in some way, seeing Mark in that pink apron he actually wonders why it's pink? maybe it's his favorite color since his toothbrush and shower cap are also of the same color? , while cooking something which is not kimchi. He recognized one as eggs but about the other thing. . . 

"What are you cooking?" He opted to ask as he tried to get a glimpse of it while still being seated. 

Mark looked over his shoulder to meet his eyes. "Eggs and bacon." So, it's bacon then, Jinyoung noted. He suppose it's a kind of meat. It's going to be his first time to eat that. Just then, the oil sizzled loudly that it made Mark jump.

"Careful!" Jinyoung can't help but blurt it out when he saw Mark wince as he backed away a bit from the frying pan. This made the older smile like a crazy person. Jinyoung just didn't mind.

 

The two of them just ate breakfast together. Jinyoung won't even deny that he missed this feeling of comfort he feels when Mark is around. When they were almost finished with their plate, Mark started to ask about he plans to spend his day. Mark has work, it's Monday. 

"I promised lunch with Jackson." He casually said. Jackson asked him through text this morning when he woke up and he just can't say no because in all honesty, he does enjoy spending time with the latter. He is able to laugh his heart out whenever he is with Jackson, and it just feels comfortable.

When he looked across him, he saw the older's lips all pouted and he can't miss out on those puppy eyes. What's his deal?

"Can it not be with Youngjae?"

Jinyoung just made a grossed out face because he cannot take this version of Mark. It's too much. "Isn't he busy with his boyfriend, you say?"

"It's Monday. Jaebum has work too. You can have Youngjae all for yourself. Just be with him."

Jinyoung's face crumpled as he hissed. He cannot believe Mark can act like this in front of any human. Such a whining little kid. "Just let it go, Mark. I'm having lunch with Jackson and that's final."

 

 

And that is how Jinyoung's day went. After Mark left for work, while still sulking, Jinyoung just went on with his reading. Youngjae has lend him some books which the younger highly recommends. Jinyoung enjoyed his morning by reading. When it was almost noon, he prepared for his lunch with Jackson. He took the bus to get him to the blonde's restaurant.

As usual, Jackson and him talked about random things. Jinyoung enjoyed the chinese's company that he felt as if three hours has gone by so quickly.

By 4 in the afternoon, Jinyoung met with Bambam in this coffee shop near where the Thai is studying. When he arrived, the younger is already seated comfortably with two cups of ice cold coffee. when he sat across Bambam, he immediately asked why Yugyeom isn't around but from the expression the younger has, Jinyoung scolded himself for asking. Why else will Bambam ask someone else to hang out with him if he's in good terms with Yugyeom?

"I just can't understand him, hyung. He's like, very hard to read." Bambam complained through every bite of the custard cake they ordered.

The younger already told him about what happened. Apparently, that night when Yugyeom celebrated his birthday by getting himself dead drunk, something unexpected at least for Bambam happened. Yugyeom kissed him. It was all too sudden that Bambam was completely taken by surprise. In his own words, Bambam said he almost forgot how to blink and how to breathe. That was not his first kiss but it actually felt like it is.

Bambam was just about to recover from his shock when something in Yugyeom's eyes changed as he withdrew his gaze. "I'm, sorry Bam. I... I didn't... I was just drunk. I'm sorry. I didn't mean it." And that is where Jinyoung thinks Yugyeom messed things up. He shouldn't have said that. When he kissed Bambam, it obviously had the latter confused. Now, what he said right after only threw Bambam into more confusion. 

"I just find it unfair. He shouldn't have done that."

"Done what?" Jinyoung just felt like he needed to ask. When Bambam gave him a confused look, Jinyoung asked again. "What are you upset about? Is it what he did, . . . . or what he said?" This didn't get any response from the younger so Jinyoung talked some more. "Because that's two different cases then."

"How is it different then? What he did is unfair, that's the point." 

But Jinyoung ignored how Bambam sounded like a kid throwing tantrums. He continued to try and put some sense into the younger's head. "Were you upset because of the kiss? If Yugyeom said something else, or if he did say that he meant what he did, will that still upset you?"

When Bambam wasn't able to react, Jinyoung could only wear a smug smile. He know he just made his point fairly clear. Tapping the younger's shoulder, Jinyoung spoke. "You should let Yugyeom talk to you, so the both of you could fix this."

 

That evening, he went home where he had dinner with Mark. It was while they were doing the dishes when Mark told him about youngjae's invitation to his grandfather's 70th birthday. The party will be held in the university's hall, since his grandfather was one of the best professors the university ever had. All six of them agreed to come of course.

Jinyoung just finished washing up and is now dressed in his pajamas when Mark talked before he could settle down on the couch.

 

"You can sleep in my room, if you'd like."

To say that this surprised him is an understatement. If Jinyoung was eating or drinking something, he might've choked. With wide eyes, he turend to the older. "W-what? I could not do that!" 

Mark's eyes were that of a confused person, before it finally showed some hint of realization. "Oh. . . you thought. . . no, what I mean is, you'll go sleep in my room, while I will sleep here on the couch." The older even pointed at it.

"Oh." Jinyoung feels like he's the most stupid person. How could he mis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter