Found You

Time Slip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I would really like it if the altar will be filled of white and yellow flowers."

Jinyoung looked at Youngjae who busies himself with the various flowers surrounding the three of them. They are currently at Hapjeong Station, where Youngjae the busy as a bee groom to be has taken them (him and Bambam) to help him choose some flowers for his upcoming wedding. 

 

"Oh my goodness, these are all cute and beautiful!" Choi Youngjae, twenty two years old, has suddenly turned into a little child fascinated with all the flowers he's seeing. 

Jinyoung played with the roses' petals as he glanced at the younger. "Stick with your chosen color, Youngjae." He reminded him. 

 

Youngjae has already decided that the theme of his and Jaebum's wedding will be white and yellow. Yellow is Youngjae's favorite, while Jaebum's is black. But they cannot have a black themed wedding, could they? So his fiance just decided to go with white. Jinyoung likes how submissive Jaebum could be when it comes to Youngjae. And he would say this again... it is a little weird seeing his bestfriend, well not his actual bestfriend, so lovestruck with someone. Jinyoung always thought of Ju Won as someone who isn't capable of being affectionate towards another human.

"Right." Youngjae just said in a meek voice as he detached his gaze from the pink and blue roses. The younger then went to another corner where there are white blooms. "Wow, these are pretty, don't you think, hyung?"

Carnations. Jinyoung read the flower's name. He nodded in agreement, because yes they are beautiful. The white carnations look so classical and extravagant.

"How about you, Bambam?" Youngjae called on the Thai who is busy taking pictures with his phone. "Stop taking selfies for a minute and help me like you're supposed to!"

Hearing this, Bambam put his phone down and dashed towards them. "Is this your pick?"

"That is what I was asking you. Are these perfect?" Bambam nodded and gave a thumbs up. Youngjae then started placing orders for some sets of flowers. He picked carnations as his bouquet, some white orchids and calla lilies too, both come in yellow and white; and some daffodils and marigolds.

 

"They're pretty, right hyung?" Bambam said beside him. Jinyoung looked over his shoulder to see the Thai, while still touching the tip of the flowers. He always loved tulips, for some reason. His mother, Lady Han, also loved tulips. The kind queen always put tulips in these vases and place them near the palace's windows. 

"They're beautiful." Jinyoung commented.

"Why don't you buy some of those? Mark hyung's place is a bit dull, and I think these flowers will do a good job brightening it up."

Bambam's idea is not that bad so Jinyoung decided to consder it. He bought some pink and blue tulips. He is not sure if Mark likes flowers too, as much as he likes them but, Jinyoung doesn't think Mark will be mad if he decorates his place with some.

 

**********

 

"It' a mixture of excitement and nervousness to be honest, but. . .it's a good combination." Youngjae laughed a bit as he talked. "I never thought I'd enjoy being rattled."

After shopping for flowers, since it's already lunch time, Youngjae took the courtesy of treating them to lunch. Jinyoung couldn't be thankful enough because back in the flower shop, his stomach just won't stop growling. Bambam suggested that they eat something which is not korean so here they are in this Italian restaurant. It's another first for Jinyoung, getting to eat strange foods again.

"You only have a week to prepare, right hyung?" Bambam said as he ate a slice of what he called as pizza. It's just a flat round bread with meat and peppers on top, also cheese. Jinyoung has also eaten two slices. He finds its taste as good.

"Thank you for reminding me again, Bambam. Wow. I needed that sense of panic, thank you very much." 

Jinyoung just shook his head as he watched Youngjae throw a napkin at the purple head. The three of them just enjoyed their meal while talking. Youngjae asked for a different topic because he's getting more anxious as they talk more about his wedding. But behind those nervous eyes, Jinyoung could also see how excited the younger is.

 

"He now knows how to talk about his feelings." Bambam said to answer Youngjae's question about his status with Yugyeom. "He speaks more than before. He's not the hit and run type anymore." Jinyoung could see the Thai resisting a smile.

It's been almost three weeks now since that incident when Yugyeom messed up after chickening out from confessing to Bambam. He almost laughed at Bambam's reference to how Yugyeom handles things... hit and run type he says. But right, Yugyeom did run away after hitting things like that. But as what Yugyeom said, the younger just got scared when he saw Bambam's reaction. He understands where Yugyeom is coming from. The poor guy has been hiding his real feelings from Bambam for quite a long time now. Ever since he felt it, Yugyeom hid it, afraid that it'll only ruin things between him and his love, whom he believes doesn't feel the same way. From the very beginning, Yugyeom is already afraid. But seeing Bambam's reaction after he kissed him scared him even more. He understands Yugyeom. But he also understands Bambam.

Bambam was clueless, from the very beginning, completely believing that what him and Yugyeom has is pure friendship. He's gotten comfortable with the fact that he has Yugyeom by his side forever, but just as friends, that when Yugyeom decided to cross the line, it frightened him. Bambam got confused, Jinyoung knows that. The younger was completely taken aback by what Yugyeom did. And for all he knows, the kiss maybe awakened those feelings which he never knew existed. Jinyoung believes that somewhere in between their friendship, the two already fell in love. It doesn't matter who fell first, but Jinyoung is sure those two feel the same towards each other. They're just afraid at first to admit it. But judging from Bambam's smile as he tells them about how Yugyeom is improving in expressing his feelings. . . . Jinyoung thinks the two bestfriends are on their way to being lovers.

 

"And how about your feelings?" Youngjae asked Bambam who looks surprised by his hyung's question. "Are you also talking about your feelings to Yugyeom?"

The purple head almost choked on his drink as he stuttered to answer. "W-why do I even need to talk about it?" Oh god, this kid... Jinyoung thought to himself. He's hopeless.

So he decided to chip in. Sipping on his drink, he gave Bambam a side glance. "Because, a person cannot wait forever." He started, catching Bambam's attention, as well as Youngjae's. "If you keep all those to yourself, Yugyeom might get tired of waiting for your answer, you know." He shrugged as he continued. "If you already know in yourself that you are feeling the same way, then I guess you better stop running. There's already someone who has his arms open for you. All you need to do is to come closer."

"I... Well I..." Seeing Bambam's red face is enough for him and Youngjae. That got them both laughing at the younger. Bambam just needs time, he figured out his feelings already, by now. But he still needs time to finally have the courage to express it freely to Yugyeom. Yugyeom, good luck. Jinyoung says to himself in hopes it will reach the poor guy.

"And how about you, hyung?" Now he's staring at Youngjae whose attention is on him. Me? What about me? Jinyoung thought. "How are you and Mark hyung? You guys are spending more time together, aren't you? Since you're now in good terms again, right?"

Jinyoung wasn't even able to answer and Bambam is already chiming in. "Oh, so Mark hyung decided to woo you again?" And right then, Jinyoung knew those two will never leave him in peace until he tells them what they want to know.

So he did. He told them about the reason behind Mark's sudden avoidance, and also about how his last talk with Jackson went. Bambam said he's a bit sad that Jackson has to give way, because he always had his bet on the blonde. But the Thai did say that he's gald about how things are going between him and Mark. Jinyoung also told them about how Mark changed after that night when he said he'll make him fall. Bambam almost squealed after hearing that... So manly... Bambam remarked. 

"Nothing grand happened yet." Jinyoung said, recalling some things which hapened right after Mark's confession. Since that night, Mark hasn't done anything grand yet. He just went back to his usual self. "But at least, he did stop feeding me with fried kimchi and decided to buy real food."

 

The three of them just laughed and talked some more about each other's lives. Jinyoung was enjoying listening and talking at the same time. But then, the topic swerved again to Youngjae's wedding, and the younger maybe just had to ask... "Hyung, how is a wedding done back in Hanseong?"

The question startled Jinyoung a bit. And the fact that he cannot recall how to answer the question, shook Jinyoung even more. A wedding in Joseon. . . how was it done again? He tried to recollect some memories of him being in one of those occasions. . .

"Isn't there this procession... I'm not sure but I think I read about it in this book..."

Jinyoung focused on Youngjae's words. And as if there's a streak of light, he recalled about it. "You're right. Before the actual wedding, the groom goes to his bride's home on a horse's back."

He continued talking about it with the younger two, after he recollected what he seemed to have forgotten for a short moment. Maybe. . . it just slipped his memory, considering he has already spent quite a long time here. And he also realizes, these days, he hasn't thought much about Hanseong.

 

**********

 

Jinyoung flipped another page of the book he is reading. A while ago, after they had their lunch. Jinyoung went to the public library to borrow a history book. Youngjae's question and how he struggled to answer it made Jinyoung decide that he needs to read about his kingdom again. Not because he's in a different era, he could just forget about Hanseong. So here he is, reading about Joseon era, right before its fall.

Flipping through every page, Jinyoung is glad to refresh his memory of the life he's been missing.

He's taking his time looking through old and faded photos, but he stopped on that particular one.

 

He now sees the vast sky meeting the calm ocean, creating a beautiful horizon. His eyes lingered on that familiar view. . . that view which he always loved looking at, but enjoyed even more whenever he has him by his side. . . . his savior.

 

 

----

It's one of those days when he would sneak from his palace's royal guards. His best friend Ju Won is never amused by it, but Jinyoung still does it. It's what he wants. . . and what he needs.

Sitting by the huge rock, Jinyoung stared at the horizon. It's a beautiful combination. . . rays of yellow and orange reflecting on the ocean which is almost as clear as the blue skies. It's no wonder why his mother, Lady Han always loved walking by the sea. His mom. . . .he misses her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter