And it gets weirder... and weirder... and weirder

Time Slip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinyoung groaned when he heard the blaring sound of horns coming from the other side of the bedroom door. Trying to adjust his eyes to the amount of sunlight passing through the window adjacent to his side, the crown prince squinted, making the side of his eyes wrinkle.

It's roughly been three nights since he's been  by some kind of an annoying force, and dumped in this era which is hundred of years ahead of his own. Three nights, and he's still lost. He's still missing his life in the palace, with his royal guards, servants and maids. His Eunuch Song, and Eunuch Choi. His strict but loyal bestfriend Ju Won, and his father... his highness. 

He miss his life in Hanseong.

 

"Oh for goodness sake!"

Jinyoung grunted as he kicked off the blanket which is barely covering his legs. That goes to show that he can never stay still in one position while sleeping. He tends to move A LOT. That would explain why his father opted to give him a very large bed. Otherwise, he would always fall from it. He is used to sleeping on a large bed, not on a small couch. When will Mark put it into consideration?

 

Once again, the sound of blaring horns surrounded the whole of the pad. How long will it take for him to finally wake up? Jinyoung thought. Mark can't possibly be that heavy of a sleeper, can he? If he's awakened by the disturbing sound, Mark should also be. That alarm will wake anyone up. Yes, he knows what it is called. An alarm. It's in Mark's phone. Yes, he remembers the terms.

Jinyoung sat up, smoothing out his shirt. Mark's shirt. He's still wearing Mark's clothes, even if they have bought some for him already. It's okay, anyway. Mark said he doesn't mind.

 

He was in the middle of rubbing his eyes when the bedroom door opened, revealing Mark who is wearing a loose grey shirt. Jinyoung is glad that Mark is finally awake and that he finally turned the alarm off. He's about to greet the older when Mark suddenly frowned at him, turned his back and slammed the bedroom door shut again, shouting " it, Jackson!"

 

Okay. Jinyoung is confused. It's too early in the morning and Mark is already acting weird. 

He was fine last night, wasn't he? What happened? Did he perhaps had a bad dream? 

Jinyoung decided to let it go.

 

After a while, Mark did come out of his bedroom. Now, he seems more normal, Jinyoung thinks. He didn't greet him, 

which is normal since the man isn't really nice in any way to him. Well he is nice in his own way. He bought him clothes and offered him a place to stay, didn't he? Although Mark never fails to remind him that he will have to pay all those by serving him, and doing what he is told. If that is what nice means in this century, then yes, he can say that Mark is nice.

Mark is different than the other guys Jinyoung has come across with. It is given that he is a royalty, so everyone should pay high respect to him if they care for their dear lives. Jinyoung is aware that he is not a royalty here, well, not anymore. But even the other guys (and he is talking about Yugyeom, Bambam, Youngjae, Jaebum and Jackson) treat him nicely. As for Mark, well.... he did say he's different. It's not like he disrespects him and acts harshly towards him, It's just that, it seems like Mark doesn't see him as relevant; and Jinyoung is very much used being held as important by all of his kingdom's people. But then again, he did say that Mark is different.

 

"Hey." he was called by Mark who is eating his pancake which he has prepared. Mark taught him how to cook one, and told him that starting tomorrow, he'll be in charge of preparing breakfast for the two of them.

"Why?"

Mark pointed at his plate using his fork. "Are you not eating?"

Only then did Jinyoung see that the older is almost finished with his food while he only had a few bites from his. "Uhm... yes. I will eat." So he did.

While doing so, he glanced up to him who is now sipping on his coffee. "Mark?" he started which made the male look at him. "Can I ask a question?" Mark shrugged so he continued. "What does mean?"

As soon as Mark started coughing on his coffee, Jinyoung thought back to his question. Did he ask something wrong? Mark continued on coughing so he made his way beside the older and touched his back to soothe him, but only to have Mark bark at him. "Don't... come... near me!" He said through his coughs.

Jinyoung was taken aback of course. He just wanted to help. Retreating back to his seat, Jinyoung just pouted as he waited for Mark to collect himself.

 

"Why - what are you asking? Why did you ask that?" And he seems mad. But why is he mad? He just asked. What is wrong with that?

"Because, you say it too many times. You always say this and that. So I became curious as to what it means." His words came out like his complaining about something. Jinyoung deosn't know. He doesn't like to be shouted at. Like, who even does?

His eyes might be glaring at Mark right now, but he doesn't care. After all, it is Mark who threw shade at him first. He's just returning the favor.

Letting out a sigh, Mark answered him. "It's something you shouldn't say."

"Then why do you say it all the time?" He asked, challenging the other.

"Well, you're a prince, aren't you? You need to uphold such values. While I am just someone who needs to be taught the lesson of values and ethics, and how to respect one's body as a temple of sacredness... am I right, your highness?"

 

It must be the how those words easily slipped from the man's lips, or how Mark quirked his eyebrow while speaking, or how he smirked after finishing his sentence. Or maybe it's all of the before mentioned. But now, Jinyoung feels his blood rushing to his face. He is not exactly kind, nor is he patient in dealing with people who acts smarter than him.

Lifting up his shoulders, and sitting up in his usual posture as that of a prince that he is, Jinyoung talked back. "Well, that is true. If what you are saying is that you can act as rudely as you can because you are nowhere near my level, then you are right, Mark."

The older's eyes remained impassive though. "Right. So you should just let that question of yours remain unanswered."

 

**********

 

"Try not to burn this place down, alright?"

 

Can he roll his eyes? Jinyoung really wants to, but he decided not to and just close the door of Mark's pad. God. He has enough of Mark treating him like an idiot.

Mark has to go to work, so as expected, Jinyoung is left alone. So for the past thirty minutes, Mark took his time to teach him about how to use some of the things in his place. That includes how to use the television, which comes with a remote control. And also how to reheat the food using the microwave oven. Mark taught him those things. Nice, don't you think? It could have been, in Jinyoung's opinion, only if Mark took off his arrogant attitude before teaching him those things. But of course, he didn't. Who will Mark be if he wasn't arrogant, really?

 

Jinyoung felt squeezy so he decided to clean himself. After a relaxing shower, Jinyoung changed to his own clothes, he could call them his own, even if in reality Mark bought it for him.

To kill time, he watched some shows in the television. He won't deny that he is amazed to see how different people are from this time, and people from his time. Watching different programs somehow taught him how life in the twenty first century is.

 

Now, how to operate this thing again?

Jinyoung is standing by the kitchen counter, trying to figure out how to use the microwave oven. He already switched it on, recalling what Mark has taught him. Now why isn't it functioning? Is it broken?

His stomach is growling and he needs to eat. Should he eat this even if it's cold? It'll do him no harm, will it?

 

Just then, he heard someone ringing on the door bell. He walked towards the door, and saw Jackson in a small screen. Intercom, that is what it's called. Mark told him that. Through it, he can speak with someone from outside the door, and he could even see them.

Jinyoung felt a bit relieved seeing the smiling guy outside Mark's pad. He opened the door to let him in. "Hey, you!" Jackson said tapping on his shoulder. "What have you been up to?"

Jinyoung walked again towards the kitchen. "I am trying to feed my hungry self. But this won't cooperate." He said pointing at the microwave oven. "I'm afraid it's broken."

Jackson failed to hold in his laughter which made Jinyoung look at him with judging eyes. "I'm sorry, but I don't think it's broken." Reaching for the microwave's cord, Jackson then said, "You just forgot to plug it in. Of course it won't function."

Jinyoung could feel his warm cheeks. He's embarrassed, alright. Maybe Mark has the reason t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter