Horizon

Time Slip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

why am I feeling nervous for this chapter? ... 

ஐ〰ฺ・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・

 

"Have you ever wondered what could be seen in that far far side of the horizon?"

Jinyoung asked the older as they spent a longer time sitting on the huge rock beside the calm sea. It has always been part of their everyday routine. Jinyoung always have his usual walks and every afternoon, he makes it a must that he spends it here, along the seaside. But having Yi En with him, it feels different... it feels more soothing, he feels less alone. Especially when he has the older's hand wrapping around his smaller ones. 

"I'm afraid I don't know how to answer your question, Jinyoung-ah." 

Although he is the crown prince, and Yi En is his personal guard, whenever they're alone, the older gets to call him by his name. Jinyoung specifically asked him to drop the formalities. He doesn't want Yi En to always address him as 'your highness'. Even Ju Won doesn't always call him that, so he thinks Yi En should get the same privelege. 

Frowning at the older, the crown prince repeated his question again, pointing towards the horizon where the sun is beautifully setting. "If you look at it, it seems like the sky is touching the ocean." He turns to Yi En who is also gazing at the same sight. "But do they really meet? Does the sky and the ocean really meet at that far end?"

Jinyoung still kept himself in his thought as he stared across the horizon, until he felt an arm wrapping around his shoulder and eventually pulling him closer. He then felt his head as it touched Yi En's chest. He could hear the older's calm heartbeat and it started to sound like music in his ears.

"What do you see, Jinyoung-ah?" Yi En asked, and the younger could only stare at him in confusion. "That thin line... it's where the ocean and the skies meet. You could see it right?"

"Yes I could, but isn't it impossible-"

"But we could see it. We see it right before our eyes, two things which are very far apart from each other, yet meeting at one fine line." He felt as the older pulled away and is now staring intently at his eyes. "You say it's impossible for them to meet, and yet we clearly see that they do."

Jinyoung could only stare back and let himself get lost in those beautiful eyes as he hears Yi En speak.

"I'm the ocean, and you are my sky." The older says, with the intent stare turning into the most loving ones he has ever seen. "Others would say we could never be together, yet here we are. And as long as horizon exists... then we will still be together. You, my prince... and I, your Yi En."

 

 

Jinyoung scans the place and the structure where he's standing in front of. He is currently standing near the corner of the street. Looking at his phone, he checked if he is at the right place.

74, Nonhyeon-dong, Gangnam-gu

He also checked the address written beside the house's door. Jinyoung is glad he didn't get lost on his way here. Good thing he decided to ride a cab, for it only took him approximately forty minutes to get here. 

Jinyoung heaved a deep sigh as he decided against ringing the doorbell. If they see each other, things might only be more complicated than they already are. And he also isn't sure what will happen. He never thought this was possible, but Jinyoung is thankful he got to know about it, just in time. So with another deep breath, Jinyoung reached inside his coat's pocket and got a folded paper- the letter which he has written. He is aware that he doesn't have much time left, and he also doesn't know what help this letter would be for him, for them. But he still hopes that this will somehow be enough.

 

Please make him read this. And please make him believe....

Sliding the letter through the mailbox's slit, Jinyoung put both his hands inside his coat's pockets, and walked away.

 

**********

 

"So..." Jackson asked him, while resting his chin on his hands on top of the table, with those big, round expecting eyes. "How does it taste?"

Jinyoung finished munching on the fish chunk he just ate. He answered while nodding. "It tastes so good, as always Jackson." And as expected, the chef had that proud smile on his face as he sat back on his chair with his arms crossed.

Jinyoung thought that maybe he should stop praising the chinese because he fears the blonde's head might explode, but what could he do? Jackson's prepared dish was really amazing. Jackson said it's braised fish with radish, and Jinyoung would say it again, it tastes so, so, so good. Jackson has made the right choice to add this in the restaurant's menu. People would surely love this.

It's a bit late in the afternoon and Jinyoung decided to drop by the chinese's restaurant after he spent the day with Yugyeom and Bambam. He met with the young couple after eating lunch at Jaebum and Youngjae's house. The three of them just watched another movie and even played race kart at the mall. Jinyoung did enjoy his time with the younger ones. This day is well spent, for Jinyoung, just as he planned it would be. Later at home, he will be having dinner with Mark, so Jinyoung told Jackson he'll order out the dish he has tasted earlier. Jackson is more than happy to agree.

 

Jackson and him talked for half an hour more, with the chinese discussing about his plan on adding a couple more dishes on their menu. 

"I've been planning about that for a long while now, and since you're here and more than willing to do free tasting, I guess I could work more on the restaurant's menu."

Jinyoung just listened to Jackson talking about his future plans.

"In the next coming weeks, I'll call you more frequently to go here, okay? I will be needing your help." 

And that's when Jinyoung felt a bit sad. He wants to help Jackson out, but... he knows he can't. Not when he finally made his decision. "Maybe you could ask Bambam or Yugyeom to do that for you instead." Jackson looked at him curiously. "I'm afraid I can't stay here much longer."

Jackson didn't speak, but the way he stares is enough to make Jinyoung avert his eyes from the older and look somewhere else as he continued to talk. 

"Maybe you could also ask Mark to help you out. Even if he doesn't say it much, your bestfriend likes the food which you cook. Maybe you could even teach him to cook proper food for himself. I don't want him to go back to eating fried kimchi or microwaved food, and ramen after I go. It'll take a long time, but I'm sure Mark will learn a thing or two when it comes to cooking, like I did."

Jinyoung wanted to say some more but Jackson's words interrupted him.

"You're leaving?" he heard the blonde ask in a low voice. 

"I'm going back." Jinyoung answered with a faint smile. "I need to go back."

"But Jinyoung-"

"While I was waiting for Mark to wake up... I couldn't explain the amount of fear I felt all through out that time." He breathed in and out before opening his mouth to talk again. "I don't want that to happen again."

It was a few seconds more when Jackson decided to speak. Jinyoung felt the older's hand as it reached for his own. "I wasn't planning to say this to you but, I think you need to know..." Jackson squeezed his hand gently. "I did fall in love with you. With you and the way your eyes wrinkle everytime you smile and laugh that cute laugh of yours. I loved you, and it had hurt me when I chose to give way, and let you go." Those round eyes gazed warmly at him. "But I don't think I could let you go again this time. . . . . . . not when I know that I am not the only one who will be broken by your decision. Think about it. Please, think about Mark."

But all Jinyoung could do is give him a sad smile. "That is why I am doing this. It's because of him."

 

***********

 

"Do you have work tomorrow?" He asked Mark as he watched the older fix their bed.

Jinyoung just finished brushing his teeth and has changed into his pajamas. It's now time for them to go to sleep.

Mark looked at him as he sat on top of the bed. "Yes, I do. Why'd you ask?" The older is doing something on his phone while resting his head against the bed's headboard.

Jinyoung just sighed. He knows Mark only gets a day off from work during Sundays, but he just thought he could ask, although he expects what Mark would answer. Sitting beside Mark, he looked at his boyfriend's phone and saw that Mark was checking on his mail. He sighed. "I was hoping we could spend the whole day together tomorrow."

Mark took a few seconds to answer. He just finished something on his phone before putting it on top of the bedside table and turning his head at him. "Well, it's already Friday tomorrow. Could you wait until Sunday?"

I'm afraid not. He said to himself.

Jinyoung breathed out a sigh before resting his head on Mark's shoulder and clinging on the older's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter