Fall

Time Slip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Jinyoung?" He remained quiet while still sitting on the bed, just staring at the door where the consecutive knocks are coming from. "Are you still sleeping?" He didn't respond. He'd like Mark to think that he is sleeping so the older will leave him alone.

Hugging on the fluffy grey pillows Mark has on his bed, Jinyoung listened some more to a couple more knocks Mark is making from the other side of the door. He glanced on the digital clock Mark has on his bedside table and it reads 8:42. He should probably go outside because he cannot hide inside this room forever, he knows that. But Jinyoung knows too that he cannot face Mark just yet.

 

"You know for someone who is always ahead of his game, you're quite stupid."

 

Jinyoung could only bury his face on the pillow, supressing a frustrated grunt. Why? Why on earth did he just say that? Yes, it is true that for a couple of days already, he had found Mark annoying, only because the man was avoiding him and pushing him too much to Jackson. He hated that idea and Jinyoung refuses to explain why. 

"Stupid. You're a fool, Park Jinyoung. You. Are. A. Fool." He said while knocking his head on the bed's head board through every word. The last one might've been too hard that it made a sound and it kind of hurts, Jinyoung could only rub the side of his head. 

"Oh!" Then he heard Mark. He's still there? Jinyoung held his breath, still pretending that he isn't awake just yet. "What's that, Jinyoung?" A couple more Jinyoungs came from Mark. "Hey, you're awake already, aren't you?"

Jinyoung didn't answer and just lied back on his- he meant Mark's bed. He heard the older again. "Alright, I have the whole day to wait until you decide to come out."

Why does it have to be Sunday? Mark doesn't need to go to work, it means, the older as he said has the whole day to wait out on him.

 

He shouldn't have said those words. Last night, he and Mark must've looked like some couple having a fight. Jinyoung just found Mark annoying. He keeps on talking about Jackson and pushing him towards the chinese. Mark thought he didn't notice? Why does he need to do that? Looking back to what has happened before Mark suddenly decided to annoy him with his actions, Jinyoung is getting really confused.

First was Mark saying he doesn't like him to spend too much time with Jackson. He did say he didn't like what he's feeling whenever he sees them together. Second was Mark asking him out for a date. And then. . . . .and then. . . . . that. . . . kiss. They haven't even talked about it yet. Why Mark suddenly kissed him. Mark didn't know how that kiss jumbled his mind and shook his whole brain system, and then the day after, he'll start avoiding him and push him towards the same person who Mark said he hated seeing him with?

It just confuses him, why Mark is inconsistent with his words and actions. It throws Jinyoung off to this big hole of confusion, and Mark doens't seem to care. 

Last night, when Jackson was about to kiss him, Jinyoung doesn't know why his mind suddenly thought of Mark. It just doesn't feel right if he had let Jacskon kiss him once again. The first time Jackson did, he wasn't able to do anything about it. But last night, he wasn't able to prevent himself from pushing Jackson off. It just doesn't seem right.

But with Mark. . . . . does it?

 

"Jinyoung?!" 

He almost jumped when Mark started knocking on the door again. "I know you're awake. We should eat breakfast already. The food is getting cold." He also heard Mark trying to twist the knob open. Good thing he locked it, huh? "Open up, Jinyoung. Let's eat."

"I'm not hungry!" Now he answered. Maybe Mark will leave him alone.

"See? I know you're awake. And don't lie okay? I can almost hear your stomach growling from here."

Jinyoung hissed as his stomach made another growling sound. Is he seriously letting himself go starving just to avoid contact with Mark? "You're hearing things. I'm fine. I'm not hungry."

"If you don't come out, then I will bust this door open."

Why is Mark such a bull headed person? Sitting right up again, Jinyoung grunted and wore his slippers, slowly dragging himself to open the door before Mark has a chance to knock it down. When he did, he saw how Mark's face lighted up while smiling at him. "Good morning."

Jinyoung rolled his eyes at him. 

"Let's eat breakfast together." Mark's smile is still bright, but Jinyoung pretended to be passive. No, he doesn't like seeing that kind of smile Mark has. "Come on." So he just followed the older.

 

 

While eating, Jinyoung is just waiting for Mark to fire questions at him, about what he has said last night. He's certain Mark would've figured things out already. He was expecting Mark to ask why he said he will not date Jackson anymore. And why he called him stupid for not getting what he meant with his previous statement.

But that didn't happen. Mark just continued eating happily, glancing at him every once in a while.

 

"What are your plans today?" 

He was almost done eating when Mark asked. He raised his eyebrow. "No plans."

Mark drank his apple juice before speaking again. "You'll just waste this beautiful Sunday by doing nothing?"

This had him rolling his eyes again. Is this what they're talking about again? "So, are you going to suggest that I go to Han River with Jackson?" It's what Mark said last night, wasn't it?

But Mark just shrugged. "Why would I? You said you're not dating Jackson, right?" Oh. Jinyoung thought. Mark then leaned in closer as he is staring at him. "So that means you can spend this day with me."

Blinking twice, Jinyoung stuttered while speaking. "W-why would I?"

Another shrug, and Jinyoung could also see that smug smile. "Why wouldn't you, Jinyoung?"

 

**********

 

He does have a choice. Jinyoung knows he has a choice. But why did he choose to go with Mark in this date he had plan out? 

"Your highness." Mark said as he opened the car door for him. Jinyoung tried real hard to keep his blushing cheeks. He just opened the car door for him, nothing grand. And besides, he is still holding some sort of ill feelings against the man. He should keep a straight face.

Jinyoung put his seatbelt on when Mark finally got inside his side of the car. Mark checked his phone before starting the engine. "It's just 10 am, so we can still watch a movie before eating lunch."

"Movie?" It's the first time Jinyoung has heard the word.

Mark started driving as he answered his question. "Yes, a movie. It'sjust like those shows which you are watching in the television, but this time we'll be watching it from a larger screen." The older explained, Jinyoung just nodded. "It's more exciting to watch a movie at a cinema rather than at home."

 

When they reached the mall, the two of them went to the cinema to pick which movie to watch. As he stood beside Mark, Jinyoung just read the movie titles hoping it'll help him decide since Mark said they'll watch whatever it is he will want to watch.

Bad Samaritan Christopher Robin First Man Hot Summer Nights Kin

All of which are foreign movies, but it is said that each will have Korean subtitles. Jinyoung finds it hard to decide which movie to pick since it's his first time to watch one. He just took some of their time to watch those short clips whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter