Those Three Words

Time Slip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mark wakes up with a throbbing head. , where am I? His head surely feels like it weighs two times heavier that it actually does. He sits up to make a quick scan of his surrounding. Well okay, he's inside his room.

He can see the ray of sunlight passing through the white curtains in his window. What time is it anyway? Checking the clock, he reads 8:09. Well , he's late. Scrambling up on his feet, and stumbling on the process, Mark is able to pull himself together and finally rise from being dead. His head is still pounding, making him question his life decisions.

Why did he even drink too much last night? But then he remembered how Jinyoung's eyes glistened as he talked about his lost love. . .

He's already gone. . . because of me, he is now gone.

That did it for him, isn't it? Mark clearly remembers how it was hard for him to avert his gaze from Jinyoung's sad eyes. Those eyes which he loved looking at so much, reflected nothing but pain ang longing. For whom? Well for that someone. . . Prince Jinyoung's someone. 

Mark remembered how he tried to swallow the lump in his throat, trying to get rid of that bitter taste in his mouth as he got flooded with realizations, which even he doesn't want to, continued on washing through him. 

Mark remembered how Jinyoung looked at him, thus leading him to that decision - of getting himself wasted because, being wasted is far better than being broken, right? . Now, Mark you did this to yourself. You have no one else to blame. As he stared at the bathroom door, he thought... would things be simpler if Jinyoung didn't go barging in that night? Maybe, things would've been different.

But when he went out and saw Jinyoung wearing his pink apron, trying to focus on cooking, Mark could only sigh.

Yes, things would've been different. But you know you wouldn't want things any other way. Mark, you're done for.

 

"Mark!" His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Jinyoung's voice calling him. Looking up, he sees the younger waving his hand (with the spatula) at him. 

Mark sees his bright smile, and god, could he fall any deeper? With another deep sigh, Mark nodded to greet the younger back before finally dragging his feet towards the kitchen.

Sitting by the counter, he watches as Jinyoung transfers the food which he cooked on each of the plate on the counter top. The younger's movement were careful and precise as if he's some kind of a chef or someone who is a kitchen person, which Mark thinks Jinyoung is not. The guy is a crown prince back in his own time. He can't expect the latter to know how to cook, or do any chores. Any royalty won't ever be subjected to do chores, because they have more servants than they actually need, Mark is not oblivious of that fact.

"You cooked." Mark is not asking. He's just stating it, which got Jinyoung's attention. The younger has just finished setting up the table, and is now wiping his hands clean on the pink apron. 

"Yes, I did." Jinyoung said almost too shyly before sitting down on the stool across Mark's. "You were sleeping like a log and I figured maybe you're not feeling well when you wake up so I decided to prepare our breakfast, myself." Glancing on the food he has finished preparing, Jinyoung spoke. "I hope I did quite a decent job at it. . ."

It seemed like Jinyoung is waiting something from him so Mark took his fork and tried to have a taste of the served food. The eggs were scrambled, well it looks scrambled because the yolk is already ruined. The hotdogs were quite burnt, he could see those black marks on its sides. When he took a bite of the egg, well. . .okay. Okay, it does taste a bit saltier than it's supposed to, but. . . Can I tell these to Jinyoung? With those hopeful eyes of his? Mark sighed before smiling.

"It's good." He even took another bite to make his compliment a bit more convincing. And although his tongue is a bit itchy because of the saltiness of the eggs, seeing Jinyoung's smile of relief makes up for it.

 

**********

 

"It's a pleasure doing business with you, Mr. San." Mark shook the hand of the forty two year old director of San Logistics. 

He just closed a deal and Mark is happy about it. In all honesty, most of his deals were done with the help of his charms. He knows his strength and it usually works with the ladies so that's where he play. He usually goes for female directress and engage them in whatever start up he's proposing. And it's not a secret how those arrangements usually end. If not in his place, then it's got to be the woman's place. 

Mark is not exactly proud of how he does his work. But in this world where rank and status is highly taken into consideration, Mark has to play his cards well. And he has been doing that for a number of years now, precisely just how he was able to get to where he is now, one of the top players of Ventures Co. Ltd. 

But ever since Jinyoung came. . . since Jinyoung, Mark seemed to neglect his methods and ways. He has started to do his job properly, without any tricks. Ever since he came across Jinyoung, he stopped sleeping with random women, having random hook ups, whether it's business related or not. Jinyoung made him realize that there's a lot more than ; that a person needs something more than just physical intimacy. Jinyoung made him able to feel that. . . that foreign feeling which he never thought he'd be able to feel. And although there's no assurance that Jinyoung will also come to feel the same towards him, Mark knows, in the deepest corner of his heart, he doesn't regret starting to feel this. No, he doesn't regret any part of falling in love with Jinyoung.

 

Mark was fixing his things and preparing to head out of the office when some jerk stood by the side of his cubicle. And by some jerk he really meant the jerk named Tae Won. 

"How's life going for you, Tuan?"

Mark could almost scoff. When did he start caring? He hates that facade the thirty year old male is pulling off. "Same old, same old." He just replied in the hopes that the older will finally leave him the alone.

But of course, he didn't. Now, Tae Won is leaning on his side of the cubicle, wearing his infamous smirk. "Is it? I think you've gotten slower nowadays. I mean, you're not that fast in closing deals after deals after deals, like you did back then."

Now, where is this conversation heading?

"And I don't see you in bars, as often as before."

Managing a lopsided smile, Mark decides to talk back. "Are you starting to mis me, Tae Won? Didn't know you'd went in bars just to see me."

This might've pissed the older, Mark could see how his lips twitched. But Tae Won still talked. "Oh, I just had to ask, about that guy you brought here, minus him being clueless, well he look really fine, don't you think? And you know that I swing on both ways so, you cannot blame me if I admire his physique, right?" What in the is this guy saying? Mark just looked at the older with piercing eyes. He doesn't like where this is going. "You do know this, I bet, but I can't help but say, that guy, with an like that is without a doubt so able and-"

But Mark wasn't able to stop himself when his hands automatically grabbed on Tae Won's collar. "Say another word, and you'll have your pitiful sent to the ing hospital." With one last spiteful glance, " off." Mark said before pushing the latter off and storming out of the office.

 

**********

 

Mark tried not to mind it at first, as he ate his bowl of korean spicy beef stew. As he tastes it, he commends Jinyoung for quite improving in cooking. The younger has prepared their dinner, well it has been like this for a week now.

"This tastes good." He complimented the younger, as he gave him a short glance. 

"Jackson has been teaching me well."

 

Mark knows that Jackson is teaching Jinyoung how to cook. And he has the Chinese to thank, because now, Jinyoung's cooking is edible and quite delicious, in comparison with before. 

Putting his spoon down and getting his chopstick, he reached for the platter of kimchi jjigae. Another glance at the younger who is still doing the same thing he has been doing for quite a while now, Mark just sighed.

"Aren't you eating?" He asked and pointed at the rice bowl Jinyoung has. 

"Oh, I am." The younger did eat, but those eyes were still gazing at him. 

It's not that he hates it, or dislikes it... Mark just find it weird. Jinyoung has been staring at him, watching him eat. He's keeping his eyes at him like, in any second, he'll vanish. "Do I have something on my face, Jinyoung?" He can't help but ask.

"No, there's none." 

"Oh, okay. I just thought there is because, you've been staring at me. . . for a while now."

From the side of his eyes, he saw how Jinyoung's eyes became shifty and his cheeks getting red. The young prince is embarrassed, he could see that. He didn't want Jinyoung to feel embarrassed but, Mark is just curious as to why the younger has been staring at him.

"Sorry." Jinyoung said in a small voice. "D-don't you like me staring? I'm sorry." But before Jinyoung could turn his face away, Mark was quick to held his chin and keep his eyes on the older. 

With a warm smile, Mark said, "It's okay. I just asked, but. . . okay. I don't mind you staring."

He also saw a small smile grazing the younger's lips. "I just missed you."

His heart might'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter