Chapter 13

A 'Shifter's Silence

Changgu was woken up by a loud thump again, hearing Yuto cursing his luck at being able to sleep without a problem only to get woken up by falling off the bed. Changgu turned to look at the human, falling off the bed in the process with a small groan. "Oh, sorry!" Said Yuto as he ran over. "Did I wake you?" He asked, helping Changgu sit up. Changgu yawned, nodding as he rubbed his eyes.

"They left me alone with you," said Yuto as he went to grab his phone to see where everyone went. Changgu blinked as he turned to Yuto. "I think," said Yuto as he checked to make sure. "Yep, we're alone," he said as he walked back over. "Come on, we'll get something to eat," he said, holding out his hand. Changgu took it and Yuto helped him stand before he headed out of the room and into the kitchen with Changgu following after him.

"At least there's premade meals but," Yuto grumbled as he searched through the fridge. Changgu chuckled some as he sat down at the kitchen table. Yuto went to warm up the food before coming to sit in front of Changgu with their plates. After a minute they both started eating, with Yuto browsing through his phone as he ate.

"It's my day off but I don't even know what to do," Yuto said with a sigh as he put his phone down to focus on eating. Changgu hummed as he focused on eating.

"Oh!" Said Yuto. "I think yesterday was a real breakthrough for this cure thing for you," he said. Changgu blinked. "Apparently Dowoon and Wonwoo came with news about a cure," said Yuto. "But everyone had to go to Toronto to talk about it today," he said. "And since we both woke up late apparently they went without us," he said. Changgu hummed.

"Hopefully they can get some sort of cure," said Yuto. "I may not have known you as long as the others but seeing the aftermath of 3 injections scare the hell out of me," he said. Changgu nodded in understanding. "It's probably not as bad as actually experiencing it like you have but," Yuto said, scratching the back of his head in apology. Changgu shook his head. He knew what Yuto was getting at, and was fine with it.

"This is so awkward," said Yuto as he chuckled some. Changgu shook his head and grinned in response as he finished eating. Yuto looked at his almost empty plate. "Huh, you're eating more lately," he remarked. Changgu shrugged, getting up and going to save the left overs before going to wash his plate. Yuto finished eating and then went to wash his plate before going to join Changgu in the livingroom, sitting beside him as Changgu the TV to see what was on.

"You know," said Yuto as he watched some documentary about animals with Changgu. "I never got to see your special spot that everyone keeps rambling about," he said. Changgu hummed. "I guess it's because I'm not able to make it all the way out to where you guys have the spot anyway," said Yuto. "Maybe one day," he said. Changgu nodded as he stretched out on the couch.

It was a few hours later when Yuto finally had enough. "This is going to sound awkward as hell but, I want to go for a walk," he said. Changgu had turned to look at Yuto, his head tilting to the side. "A walk with you in wolf form," Yuto added. Changgu blinked before nodding. "Oh, you want to do this?" Asked Yuto. Changgu nodded again and got up. "Cool!" Said Yuto as he jumped to the idea, getting up and heading outside. Changgu chuckled some and followed him outside, going to change before coming back to Yuto in wolf form.

Yuto blinked, reaching out a hand to pet him on the head. "Man," he said, laughing awkwardly before walking off into the forest with Changgu following after him. They walked around for a while, going at a human pace since Yuto was human after all.

"I always liked the forest," said Yuto as he looked around. "I guess it stems from growing up in the city but," he said, shrugging. Changgu let out a growl like sound that was supposed to be a hum. "You agree with me huh?" Asked Yuto, earning a light bump from Changgu. "It must be nice, being something other than human," he said, turning to Changgu. Changgu paused, his head tilting slightly.

"Like," started Yuto as he tried to find his words. "You turn into a giant wolf," he said, gesturing to Changgu. "It just seems cool to do that," he said. Changgu snorts, bumping Yuto with his snout and causing Yuto to fall over. "Hey," whined Yuto as he fell onto his , laughing some.

Changgu soon heard footsteps, turning towards them. "What is it?" Asked Yuto as he stood. "Could've let us know you were out walking, Yanan is freaking out back home," said Chani as he came into view. "We left our phones didn't we?" Asked Yuto as he scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, yours is on the couch and Changgu's is sitting on the bedside table," Chani said, sighing. "Come on, let's head home then," he said. Changgu and Yuto nod before heading back to the house with Chani.

"Oi!" Said Kino as he met them outside. "Next time bring your phone will you?" He asked. Yuto scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. Changgu came into view in human form and dressed, looking sheepish. "Oh, you went in wolf form?" Asked Kino. "Yes he did," said Chani as he walked over. "Well, come on in, we have some news," said Kino. Yuto and Changgu headed inside with Chani following after them.

"God damn it you two," said Yanan. "Sorry," said Yuto. "We got bored," he said. "I can see that," said Yanan. "Well," said Hoetaek as he cut to the chase. "We might have a cure coming soon," he said. Changgu blinked. "I don't know when they'll have it but," said Hoetaek. "Hopefully you can last until then, we're not even sure when your next bad day is," he said. Changgu nodded.

"And hopefully by then," said Kino as he looked determined. "We can get Wooseok back before he does something to Shinwon," he said. "We'll get him back for this," said Hoetaek. "We're not sure how but we'll get him back for this," he said.