Chapter 16

A 'Shifter's Silence

"They're fools you know," said Wooseok as he kicked Changgu in the chest, knocking the chair he was in onto its back. "Thought I'd have the cure huh?" He asked. "I get to have some fun with you before I end you for good," he spat. Changgu was already sporting bruises all over his body by that point, some of his old scars were also open and bleeding. The drug had been injected again, this time into his neck.

"You don't know what it's like, to be abandoned by the ones you love," spat Wooseok as he grabbed Changgu and yanked him forward, the chair going with him as Wooseok slammed the chair down. "You don't know what it feels like to get beaten to a pulp by the person you were supposed to call your father," he snarled as he punched Changgu in the face.

"Well let me tell you," he snarled as he grabbed another syringe. Changgu struggled in his restraints, his breathing ragged as he could already feel the effects of the drug in his system again. Four times. Four times now he had been injected by the drug. He barely survived the first time, the second time was even worse and the third time. The third time his insides were being ripped to shreds only to heal as quickly because of his healing. No one knew how his healing would hold after a fourth. And now Wooseok was about to stab him with a fifth injection.

Wooseok grabbed an epipen and stabbed into Changgu's chest, causing Changgu to gasp as he came to, coughing up blood. "You're not dying here Changgu," he snarled. "I'm not done with you yet," he spat as he went back to torturing Changgu, his screams finally coming through as they echoed through the warehouse.

Kino and Shinwon had Sungyeol stop the car as they drove passed a warehouse. "There!" Said Shinwon. Kino nodded. "I heard screams," he said. "Go!" Said Hoetaek as they got out, running into the warehouse. Chani, Sungyeol, Yuto and Yanan got out after them, rushing inside to get to Changgu before any lasting damage was done.

"Ah, they found us eh?" Asked Wooseok as the others appeared. Changgu was barely hanging on at that point, not really there anymore. The only thing keeping him there was the epipen. "Move and I'll give him another injection," called Wooseok as Hoetaek, Kino and Shinwon came into view.

"What the hell are you doing to him?" Growled Hoetaek as he tried to keep his anger under control. "I'm giving him a taste of his own medicine," said Wooseok as he grabbed another epipen and stabbed it into Changgu's neck to wake him up.

Changgu woke with a groan, coughing up more blood. He wasn't sure why Wooseok was doing this. He was almost at death's door at this point. He was literally able to touch the door but he was brought back each time again and again. "Look Changgu, we have an audience," came Wooseok's voice as he slapped Changgu on the face. Changgu's breathing was ragged as Wooseok moved him to face Hoetaek and the others.

"C-Changgu," said Hoetaek. Changgu whimpered in response as he coughed, more blood splattering the front of his shredded shirt. "Now the real fun begins," said Wooseok as he grabbed a whip. Changgu struggled weakly at his restraints. If he was going to go with the others watching he might as well go down fighting. "Ah, a feisty one," said Wooseok as he brought down the whip, a scream getting forced out of Changgu's mouth.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Shouted Kino. They had to buy some time, but even Kino was aware that Changgu might not last much longer. Hoetaek was about to go after Wooseok but he remembered that Sungyeol and Chani were here, as he had them sneaking around to get to Wooseok. It was only a matter of time. They had to stall a bit longer.

Changgu was aware, his senses picking up on movement from his left as the whipping finally stopped. Chani and Sungyeol finally came into view, grabbing Wooseok and dragging him away with Yanan and Yuto coming to untie Changgu from the chair. Yanan was sobbing as he held onto Changgu as gently as he could. "I'm sorry Changgu! I'm sorry!" He sobbed. Hoetaek, Shinwon and Kino ran down to them, Hoetaek going to punch Wooseok in the face while Chani and Sungyeol held onto him.

"No one," snarled Hoetaek, his alpha's voice at full power. "And I mean no one messes with Changgu and gets away with it," he said. "Your karma has come for you buddy, and I'm here to serve it on a silver platter," he spat as he changed, launching himself at Wooseok and not giving any mercy.

Changgu could feel himself fading again, his hearing finally fading as he barely registered Yanan telling him to hang in there. He spotted his brother looking down at him as he was laid down. "Hang in there Changgu!" Came a faded voice to his right. He couldn't even find the energy to turn his head. He was so tired. He was so...

"Damn it we're losing him!" Said Sungyeol as he hurried to check on Changgu. Chani eyed the syringes to see if he could find the one with the so called cure. "He never had it," said Shinwon. "You're kidding?!" Spat Chani. "This was all a ploy?!" He asked. "He needed to get Changgu alone," said Shinwon. "Is there another epipen?" Asked Sungyeol. "I think so," said Chani as he brought over the cart with all the syringes. "This one," said Shinwon as he handed it to Sungyeol. Sungyeol stabbed the syringe into Changgu's chest, and Changgu woke with another groan, coughing more blood. "He's lost so much blood," said Sungyeol.

Changgu was so close. He was so damn close. He wanted to just go through the door again. He didn't care at this point. He wanted to be at peace as the pain kicked in again, a pained groan escaping him.

"Damn it the drugs are kicking in!" Said Chani. "We need to get him out," said Sungyeol. "Let's do it," said Chani. Hoetaek was done ripping Wooseok to shreds at that point, coming over with blood covering the front of his chest. "I'll take him," said Sungyeol. "I'm going with you," said Yanan and Yuto. "We won't be far behind," said Kino and Shinwon. Hoetaek nodded and went to change and find some clothes. "Come on then," said Sungyeol as he picked up Changgu and rushed out with Yanan and Yuto running after him.

Sungyeol paused suddenly, looking down at Changgu. His eyes widened as he turned to Yuto and Yanan. Yuto blinked. "No... No... No!" Screamed Yanan as he fell to his knees, with Yuto bending down and bringing a sobbing Yanan into his arms.